DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

I think it was Kosovo.

I thought there was no NATO ground forces involved during Op Allied Force? Either way, a very interesting story!

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

Guest Fury_007
I thought there was no NATO ground forces involved during Op Allied Force? Either way, a very interesting story!

I can assure you that not only was my unit there, I believe a ranger battalion was there too. We also went to Bosnia and that's why I said "I think" it was Kosovo.

I hvae been getting this random issue every day now.

When flying in autopilot mode, i have, lets say it set to path mode. Then I turn my auto pilot off and start leveling out, and switch to alt/path mode, or just path, and then my master caution goes off, and I see that my EAC switch I think has turned itself off automatically.

I quickly flip it back on and then everything is normal. When I try to reproduce this, it is never the same. BTW, i am using the thrustmaster hotas to do the flipping of switches for that. Is that a bug or feature?

ALso, on a second question, I have these moments when I need to fly at around angels 20, and in certain cold areas I guess my systems freeze up, mainly my speed indicator just either starts to sink and shows im doing 90 knots, or stays frozen at like 290 knots(which i know results in overspeed sounds at high altitudes in normal circumstances), resulting in the over speed or stall caution sounds to go off that I can't silence, resulting in me going deaf for 30 minutes while up that high the entire time.

Is there a series of steps I can take to minimize this? I think the Pitot heat switch worked at some point, but I was not sure of its function, I was just playing around in that area of controlls for an answer.

PS: I realize the A-10 is not supposed to be up that high, but its a must in certain missions, and I realize that you are supposed to go thurst idle and air brakes on when descending at sharp AOAs and high altitudes to not break the speed gauges. Im just looking for an alternative way to get around this problem in stable orbit at high altitudes.

I hvae been getting this random issue every day now.

When flying in autopilot mode, i have, lets say it set to path mode. Then I turn my auto pilot off and start leveling out, and switch to alt/path mode, or just path, and then my master caution goes off, and I see that my EAC switch I think has turned itself off automatically.

Track plz. As short as possible.

Is there a series of steps I can take to minimize this? I think the Pitot heat switch worked at some point, but I was not sure of its function, I was just playing around in that area of controlls for an answer.

Sounds to me like you didn't have your pitot heat on before icing conditions presented themselves.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Gotcha, so Pitot switch on will help with preventing icing on my systems? Awesome! That's what Iv been looking for.

As for track, like I said, I cant guaratee how long or short it might be, all I know is that it happens randomly at different altitudes in different settings, its the weirdest thing ever. Il try to get a track of it.

If you get it but it's far into a track, please review the track and use the LCtrl-Pause command to get the timer up and include a note of which time it is we should look at. Makes it easier for us to just fast-forward to the relevant location. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The speed-up errors depend on the machine - the better the CPU, the less the risk for errors. But yes, mild speed-ups are generally better. We'll handle that as necessary with the track though. :) (Tracks record input data, not "game-states", which while it is what makes them useful for troubleshooting and benchmarking purposes, does introduce this kind of issue as well.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Found out the problem. When you switch manually, its ok. However, when you do it from the panel on the Thrustmaster warthog, while flipping from path to alt it also tends to switch off EAC at the same time every other try. Its not a huge deal. Guess its a glitch with the software.

Found out the problem. When you switch manually, its ok. However, when you do it from the panel on the Thrustmaster warthog, while flipping from path to alt it also tends to switch off EAC at the same time every other try. Its not a huge deal. Guess its a glitch with the software.

No such issue here.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Sounds like a key-mapping conflict.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Agreed, I have never seen that problem with my warthog. Did you create/use a Target profile or are you just using it plug-and-play?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Plug and play, but it is just back from their wearhouse, after the mother board failed with the infamous motherboard death on the throttle... I hope they resolved that issue... I dont want this thing to die on me again... It was a lonely few weeks without the thrustmaster.

I have a question about the newcoming CBU 97/105 :

- does the 105 is a 97 with guidance GPS only for the big bomb ?

- does the two have their submunitions laser guided with parachutes etc automatically ?

- what does the HOF Will change ? With non guided submunitions i understand that the area of effect changes , but with guided submunitions ? The highest HOF is always better ? Submunitions Will just have a larger area to search . And even if the target are close to each other it Will not change because its guided ? ( the little claymores )

Thanks !

- does the two have their submunitions laser guided with parachutes etc automatically ?

- what does the HOF Will change ? With non guided submunitions i understand that the area of effect changes , but with guided submunitions ? The highest HOF is always better ? Submunitions Will just have a larger area to search . And even if the target are close to each other it Will not change because its guided ? ( the little claymores )

-The 105 is a guidance kit for the dispenser, yes.

-The submunitions are not laser guided, they are laser fused, big difference. The area the skeets cover is sort of stochastically determined, they will detonate if their aim intersects with a target.

Edited by sobek

Come let's eat grandpa!

There is no GPS guideance at all. However the INS guideance is only for the CUU-66 dispenser.

The BLU-108s and the skeets they contain are not 'guided' in any way. What happens is after the BLUs are released from the SUU-66 they will deploy a parachute to arrest their decent. Once at a pre set altitude (pre-programmed, not set by the pilot) the rockets in the BLUs will fire, causing the BLUs to gain altitude and begin spinning.

At this point the BLUs open and release the skeets. The skeets have a proximity sensor which will detect any vehicle the skeet happens to come across as it spins, as soon as a target is detected or the skeet reaches a certain altitude, it will detonate. Firing and EFP downwards toward the target/ground.

HOF has no impact on a CBU-97 regardless of the altidtude the CUU-66 opens, the BLU-108s will always operate from the same height. If you set a high HOF, the BLUs will just spend longer on the parachute before the rockets activate. A low HOF will result in little/no time spent hanging on the chute. Therefore the only thing the HOF will effect is how long after coming off the aircraft until the Skeets actually do their job.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Another question : i've seen recently a A10C with a sniper targeting pod , why do we don't have it ? Thx :)

Because AFAIK it is very low on numbers in the actual inventory and probably not among the things covered by EDs contract with the military, rember that they only got the go-ahead for a very specific version of the aircraft.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Just to expand on what Sobek said, ED were permitted to model the suite 3.1 A-10C which was the first standard of the C model, and part of that was the LITENING II TGP.

The USAF are now on at least suite 6, and the A-10Cs currently in service have many upgrades and new functions than the aircraft we have in the sim, SNIPER XR is just one of them. As time goes on people will no doubt hear about other features of the real A-10C that are not in the sim, it's likely that any such features are part of a new avionics suite and will therefore be very unlikely to make it into DCS.

The two main targeting pods in use across major NATO air forces at the moment are SNIPER XR and LITENING III, both are very similar in terms of capability. And both have classified features, which is why modelling them accurately to DCS standards would be quite difficult.

Edited by Eddie
spelling

Spoiler

It is a shame they never mounted a helmet sight for the pilots, like the KA-50 has... It only makes sense to have that for them as they pass low and spot a target, just look and click, and presto, TGP is looking right at it... Unless its part of one of those upgrade you speak of. I think it would be a super effective upgrade.

It is a shame they never mounted a helmet sight for the pilots, like the KA-50 has... It only makes sense to have that for them as they pass low and spot a target, just look and click, and presto, TGP is looking right at it... Unless its part of one of those upgrade you speak of. I think it would be a super effective upgrade.

Due in the real A-10 soon IIRC.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

• ED Team
Due in the real A-10 soon IIRC.

Nate

Already fielded as far as I know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

• ED Team
Just to expand on what Sobek said, ED were permitted to model the suite 3.1 A-10C which was the first standard of the C model, and part of that was the LITENING II TGP.

The USAF are now on at least suite 6, and the A-10Cs currently in service have many upgrades and new functions than the aircraft we have in the sim, SNIPER XR is just one of them. As time goes on people will no doubt hear about other features of the real A-10C that are not in the sim, it's likely that any such features are part of a new avionics suite and will therefore be very unlikely to make it into DCS.

The two main targeting pods in use across major NATO air forces at the moment are SNIPER XR and LITENING III, both are very similar in terms of capability. And both have classified features, which is why modelling them accurately to DCS standards would be quite difficult.

In fact Sniper XR was avaliable in the real A-10C starting from very first Suites (at least I have seen it in Suite 3.1 videos). The reason why we don't model it is that it is almost the same as Litening pod for the pilot (same interface, same picture).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.