DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Hey, when I create a new set of waypoints and put my knob (giggidy) to mission, and I scroll through them, I always forget where I need to look to find out their coordinates. The CDU does not display them as i flip through the different waypoints that I'v inputted.

Is it in a different CDU settings page?

There's no way to have it automatically update as you scroll through. What you can do is press the WP key, then press either the WAYPOINT or STEERPOINT prompts.

It will display the current steerpoint's coordinates and elevation. If you change the steerpoint while in either of these pages, the info is not updated. To view info for a different waypoint, you have to enter either the Database ID number at the top left, or the Waypoint Name in the top right corner.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

I have been reading the manual but I can't seem to find the answer to this question sorry.

In the plane the Waypoints automatically step to the next WP once you have reached the current one. Is there away to stop the automatic stepping of WP's?? Ie if i select WP-2 as SP then it stays on WP-2 as opposed to automatically jumping to WP-3 once WP-2 is reached.

Cheers

Mike

Win11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 58003DX, GeForce 3070 8GB, 2TB SSD, 64GB DDR4 RAM at 3200MHz _ full 1:1 FA-18C Cockpit https://www.youtube.com/@TheHornetProject

Yep, go to the flight plan page on the CDU, and on the left side of the flight plan it will say 'auto'. Press LSK 1L to change it to 'manual'. You then use DMS up and down with HUD as SOI to change waypoint.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Yep, go to the flight plan page on the CDU, and on the left side of the flight plan it will say 'auto'. Press LSK 1L to change it to 'manual'. You then use DMS up and down with HUD as SOI to change waypoint.

Sweet, thanks mate, I knew it was right infront of me.....doh

Win11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 58003DX, GeForce 3070 8GB, 2TB SSD, 64GB DDR4 RAM at 3200MHz _ full 1:1 FA-18C Cockpit https://www.youtube.com/@TheHornetProject

Yes , there is.

This is the first thing I do in almost every flight after start-up:

CDU:

Flight Plan Menu (FPM button) > Switch Auto to Manual

*my reply was way too slow...*

Edited by PeterP

Ok I know this is probably a noobie question, an is probably somthing very simple for experienced players. On ramp startup in MP i do a (easy) startup(cuz I'm lazy 8)-) Once systems have loaded my DMS weapons status pg idicates all stations in red with no profiles show. Is that a mechanical fault on the system or am I like I said a noob an missing somthing. I did once do a reset on IFCC an it seemed to reset with stations showing as normal. But i hav'nt been able to do that again.

Thanx,

Call911-Kirk

Did'nt notice it in the campaign though i was probably playing in "game" mode. i went thru the digital stores tut a cpl times to see if it mentioned anything but did'nt see, or missed it. have only noticed in MP, was thinking if maybe there was a setting on server or mission maybe for random faults on systems. Just not to sure just started playing again.

Cold & Dark Cockpit

Hello!

I started a campaign recently and none of the missions started in cold and dark cockpit so far.

Is that right or I need to configure something?

Thanks! :thumbup:

Ok I know this is probably a noobie question, an is probably somthing very simple for experienced players. On ramp startup in MP i do a (easy) startup(cuz I'm lazy 8)-) Once systems have loaded my DMS weapons status pg idicates all stations in red with no profiles show. Is that a mechanical fault on the system or am I like I said a noob an missing somthing. I did once do a reset on IFCC an it seemed to reset with stations showing as normal. But i hav'nt been able to do that again.

Thanx,

Call911-Kirk

Hers a screeny i just hosted a mission on my own an got same error so aparently i'm missing somthing. i've had with weapons off an on. Still learning so be nice 8)-

th_DCS2012-07-0623-32-02-47.jpg

I am not sure why it would do this on auto start. I have not tried auto start, so have not seen this. Try this video from 1:45 onwards.

It explains how to reload this DSMS, which is what you are after.

Edited by Kaiza
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

From the flight manual:

RED station. A red station generally indicates a profile and inventory conflict. This will happen if a loaded weapon profile includes a weapon that is not loaded on the aircraft. This can be remedied by using DSMS Inventory to set the correct store or clear the station showing the error.

Sounds like a problem with either the multiplayer settings or auto-startup sequence.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

From the flight manual:

Sounds like a problem with either the multiplayer settings or auto-startup sequence.

Yup i read that too after locating my current manual, as training does'nt seem to touch much on troubleshooting upload errors etcs or least not that i recall. Either way thanx for the help an tips guys.

I just noticed that in that screen shot, the procedure isn't completed. I can't remember, when during the auto-start up is the data loaded from the cartridge? Maybe it hasn't been done yet?

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

I just noticed that in that screen shot, the procedure isn't completed. I can't remember, when during the auto-start up is the data loaded from the cartridge? Maybe it hasn't been done yet?

Yeah thats what it was:music_whistling: auto start does'nt auto load data just gets to DTS upload than u have to click one of the OSB's(load all data etc) to upload pertinint data which i nvr did in the past hence the errors on weapons stations.

Re-Loading DSMS

Last Night I was half way to a target zone after landing and re-loading. I realized that the DSMS showed no weapons but they were clearly there.

What is the procedure to re-poplulate the display?

I tried every combinations possible for almost a half hour and couldn't figure it out.

Thanks

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

First you need to reassign one of the bottom-row OSBs to the load function. Do this by holding it pressed, and then selecting 'Load' from the menu that appears. After selecting load, press the chosen bottom-row OSB again to assign that function to it. Pressing it once more will get you into the load menu, where you can load the DSMS. :]

Thanks

Does that have to be done each mission or is it a one time deal?

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Thanks

Does that have to be done each mission or is it a one time deal?

The aircraft/sim has no memory of anythng you did to the cockpit in a previous mission.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any possibility of a co-operative multiplayer mode in which each one of two players controls a different aspect of a single aircraft? Like a two-seater aircraft? So one crew member can look after navigation, avionics, payload, communications, etc. while the other crew member has the flight controls?

Edited by oktal

Is there any possibility of a co-operative multiplayer mode in which each one of two players controls a different aspect of a single aircraft? Like a two-seater aircraft? So one crew member can look after navigation, avionics, payload, communications, etc. while the other crew member has the flight controls?

If you do some searches you will find that subject discussed in several places. No answers yet, just a lot of speculation.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: