About FAQ an compatibility

Distiler

ED MUST be more quicker.. BS is on scene some 1,5-2 years,and then there is now a10.If ED continue to make new DCS series with this speed(1 aircraft for 2 years),they loose alot of players.

ED needs to build a firewall between FC2 and the DCS series - soon! FC2 must end from a software design/support point of view. It makes no sense to try and continue to maintian backwards compatibility between the two product lines. I know that's going to disappoint a lot of people out there, but thats the facts. IMHO ED should not have issued the FC2/BS patch. It should have been a clean break.

I think to A10C is a end of DCS and FC compability,and that is ok,BUT ED must be more quicker with new DCS series(AH,F16,F18,what ever).

Edited by =4c=sNIp

ED MUST be more quicker.. BS is on scene some 1,5-2 years,and then there is now a10.If ED continue to make new DCS series with this speed(1 aircraft for 2 years),they loose alot of players.

I think to A10C is a end of DCS and FC compability,and that is ok,BUT ED must be more quicker with new DCS series(AH,F16,F18,what ever).

I think a large reason that you saw a big gap between A-10C and Blackshark was because of FC2. FC2's great and all but I love the realism in DCS and the focus to attention and detail.

I think a large reason that you saw a big gap between A-10C and Blackshark was because of FC2. FC2's great and all but I love the realism in DCS and the focus to attention and detail.

Correct. FC2 prooved to be more work than was initially expected. While ED might not always make the 9 month schedule, personally i don't expect future modules to be that far apart.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Also, tell me any other study sims that were released in the intervening period, or any other study sim developer that manages anything even close to the release frequency that ED has.

I dare you. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Also, tell me any other study sims that were released in the intervening period, or any other study sim developer that manages anything even close to the release frequency that ED has.

I dare you. :)

ok,yeah,but other sim developer make 5-10 aircrafts(venciles,etc),and relese game(simulator).. ED make one,and then for two year another,then one year after that.. Finaly,we will have nice DCS in 2020???

Its not problem to me,I love to fly Ka50,but there is many people who want to fly fully simulated fighter jet.FC2 is near end,and we have just 1(2) flyable aircraft?

Edited by =4c=sNIp

ok,yeah,but other sim developer make 5-10 aircrafts(venciles,etc),and relese game(simulator).. ED make one,and then for two year another,then one year after that.. Finaly,we will have nice DCS in 2020???

Its not problem to me,I love to fly Ka50,but there is many people who want to fly fully simulated fighter jet.FC2 is near end,and we have just 1(2) flyable aircraft?

I have to admit I can't think of any developer making a study sim with more than one aircraft, the only other study sim with several units in very high standard is Steel Beasts Pro PE and that is another audience completely plus it doesn't have the amount of systems needed for an aviation sim.

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Because DCS!=FC2, different franchise, different standards, different everything.

That is totally beside the point. Part of the reason to split DCS completely off of FC was because FC is owned by UBI. Doesn't make sense to enter the realm of legal bull**** again by incorporating a FC element into DCS.

You didn't understand my post. I am NOT saying to make the FC2 compatability patch. I am saying to make DLC addons for DCS that allow one to fly FC2-like aircraft. NEVER did I say to put in FC2 aircraft- just FC2-like aircraft. ED could even put in the F-16 just to make the point that it WASN'T an FC2 aircraft.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

You didn't understand my post. I am NOT saying to make the FC2 compatability patch. I am saying to make DLC addons for DCS that allow one to fly FC2-like aircraft. NEVER did I say to put in FC2 aircraft- just FC2-like aircraft. ED could even put in the F-16 just to make the point that it WASN'T an FC2 aircraft.

And it seems you didn't get mine either. Is it so hard to understand that DCS is a study sim series? What is a FC ACs place in a study sim? If you want FC level of realism, go with FC. If you want DCS realism, well you gonna have to wait because it takes time. There are no cutsies, no matter how hard you want them.

Come let's eat grandpa!

And it seems you didn't get mine either. Is it so hard to understand that DCS is a study sim series? What is a FC ACs place in a study sim? If you want FC level of realism, go with FC. If you want DCS realism, well you gonna have to wait because it takes time. There are no cutsies, no matter how hard you want them.

What I offered was a SUGGESTION. Suggestions mean you offer an idea to the developer to do something they aren't already doing. I'm saying the obvious just because I want to stress that I KNOW that DCS is a realisitic sim, and that is the aim of future modules. But now ED has a history of putting survey sim aircraft in with DCS aircraft, and I am suggesting a way that they might be able to do it, make some cash, fill in a gap in the game (A2A), all following the market model (DLC) many software developers are using this day. You don't like it. Fine. Do you speak for ED as a whole? How do you know that something like definately isn't an attractive option for them?

Do you stand by the comment that they would have to open a can of legal bull##!@ in order to put a survey sim aircraft into DCS? Does this mean that ED has signed a legal agreement that they can never develop a survey sim again without paying ubisoft? I don't buy that. It seems to me that they COULD put a survey-sim level aircraft into DCS, but I wouldn't want them to obviously unless they could do it quickly. That's I think more a relavent question- how hard would it be? Would they have to completely start from scratch, or are they legally allowed to use some of the work they did on LOMAC for other things? They have to be, after all, DCS is based off of LOMAC.

This is why I suggest it. Why CAN'T they offer a quick little DLC? DCS is based off of LOMAC, obviously they have some agreement with ubi. That precludes adding any survey sim aircraft? Does it preclude using any of the flight models they did for FC2 to be used in, like, a F-15C DLC for DCS? I WOULD agree with you that ED seems set to have DCS be an all-high-fidelity-aircraft-world, BUT there is this little thing called FC2 and DCS Black Shark v1.02 that makes me think that ED isn't necessarily completely dead-set on that if a financially attractive alternative appears. Depending on how easy it would be, they could make money off a DLC.

Anyway, assuming there is a legal way for them to relatively quickly slap in a flight model, a non-clickable cockpit, and a few minor mods that allow one to set an aircraft to be flown by "client" or "player" in the ME- then why not offer a DLC? For some silly and arbitrary reason that DCS MUST ALWAYS have only very high fidelity aircraft flying around? They already broke that.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Lua scripts and mods:

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Heya Speed,

Unfortunately, a quick little DLC could still impact the DCS production line by months

Lets all just hope that DCS and FC2 can maintain multiplayer co-operability for a while longer!

If not, all is not lost... FC2 is still around for a long time yet :)

Heya Speed,

Unfortunately, a quick little DLC could still impact the DCS production line by months

If this is really true, forget I asked about it. On the surface, it seems like a simple thing to add, but I THINK one of the biggest determining factors is, since ED wants to leave ubisuck behind for good (I don't blame them), how much work could be salvaged from FC2 to make a DLC for DCS? It's just hard to believe that integrating a DLC into the game would be hard since DCS is supposedly designed for modularity- if so then creating the flight model and cockpit and radar modes and stuff should be the majority of the work. Of course, I'm just basing this off of what we have all been told about DCS.

Lets all just hope that DCS and FC2 can maintain multiplayer co-operability for a while longer!

If not, all is not lost... FC2 is still around for a long time yet :)

Not for me. I only fly DCS and I only really bought FC2 to support ED. I can spare the money to help keep one of my favorite hobbies alive. I just like it when I have real humans in the fighters overhead!

Edited by Speed

Lua scripts and mods:

..it does indeed rule!

..lets assume the worst, and FC2 support can no longer be provided...ie the DCS engine moves on too far.

In that case, we simply have to be patient ... don't forget what ED have mentioned as being "in the pipeline" in one way or another for DCS:

-Mig29a

-F15c

-F16c

not to mention that attack aircraft:

-A10c

-AH64a

-Mi24

As the months roll by (and trust me, you'll need MONTHS to "master" the A10c) , one of the above aircraft (or perhaps another that has not been mentioned?!) will be on it's way..

before too long, the skies will be filled with super hi complex machines of war..all of which you and your buddies can fly (well...assuming you can get them started and take off that is ;) )

Anyway, assuming there is a legal way for them to relatively quickly slap in a flight model, a non-clickable cockpit, and a few minor mods that allow one to set an aircraft to be flown by "client" or "player" in the ME- then why not offer a DLC? For some silly and arbitrary reason that DCS MUST ALWAYS have only very high fidelity aircraft flying around? They already broke that.

Neither is it silly, nor would it be easy, as has already been stated. It would hurt EDs rep to market the DCS series as the most realistic to date, just to pop a survey aircraft in. Besides, i don't know what gain you seek off of this. You can already fly FC2 AC in the DCS environment for now. Why should ED go to lenghts to enable you to fly FC AC from within DCS, distracting the staff and testers from the current task? That's sorta redundant, isn't it?

Come let's eat grandpa!

Nobody wants ED to be distracted so, can we mod the future DCS to incorporate FC2 airplanes someway?

I would love to still be able to fly Su-25 in the succesive updates of DCS, even if it's low-fi (well FM is not low-fi, cockpit, etc. is).

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Can we mod the future DCS to incorporate FC2 airplanes someway? (manually, using ED tools, etc.)

I would love to still be able to fly Su-25 in the succesive updates of DCS, even if it's low-fi (well FM is not low-fi, cockpit, etc. is).

I personally think that ED would not like that. If somebody created a Su-25 from scratch, matters are different, of course.

Come let's eat grandpa!

I understand, and that is a courtesy ED deserves, (tho can't really control modding community).

ED tools will be required in that case perhaps.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

if so then creating the flight model and cockpit and radar modes and stuff should be the majority of the work

You say that as if it means it would be a small work.

Basically, what you just mentioned there, is actually the majority of the work for a DCS product - so I'd wager an absolute minimum of 6 months to design, implement and test such a "DLC", and that is if quality demands on it are significantly lowered compared to the original DCS products.

Plus of course a lot of extra maintenance to make sure DLC content don't break versioning of the product(s).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

You can already fly FC2 AC in the DCS environment for now. Why should ED go to lenghts to enable you to fly FC AC from within DCS, distracting the staff and testers from the current task? That's sorta redundant, isn't it?

No, again, you fail to understand. It would be a DLC for DCS AFTER A-10C is released, which will apparently make FC2 permenently incompatable with DCS. It's so that we can fly A-10C, Ka-50, AND some fighter(s) that can do air to air till we get a DCS module that can feature air to air.

Edited by Speed

Lua scripts and mods:

I do not think ED wants to mix lo-fi with hi-fi aircraft.

No, again, you fail to understand. It would be a DLC for DCS AFTER A-10C is released, which will apparently make FC2 permenently incompatable with DCS. It's so that we can fly A-10C, Ka-50, AND some fighter(s) that can do air to air till we get a DCS module that can feature air to air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I do not think ED wants to mix lo-fi with hi-fi aircraft.

Nor should they IMHO. 2 different crowds, 2 different dynamics, styles, goals, mission planning needed.

I cannot see how mixing a survey liteweight sim (FC2) with a study hardcore one (BS/A10c) can work.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I really don't want to rain on your parade, but the only way this could happen would be another compatibility patch for FC2, which is not totally out of the question. As GG stated, for ED to mix DCS with SFM or AFM AC is highly unlikely.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Fighter/multi roll. USA FA/18 or the F-16 blk 52. either one will work for me. :thumbup:

IMHO, ED, don't' spend even 1minute on anything after DCS::A-10C except DCS:Fighter :) !!!!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

IMHO, ED, don't' spend even 1minute on anything after DCS::A-10C except DCS:Fighter :) !!!!

Sorry, after A10C it is DCS:AT-802U.

I wish. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester