X-Plane News ONLY (not discussion)

Shaman

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you mean? this looks photoreal, much better than fsx.

I should have used quotations as "cartoony" wasn't my interpretation of the graphics. I forget who (too lazy go see who I was responding to in that post) but I'v decided a long time ago never to debate graphic in sims with people. Too many different expectations and perceptions.

I think the graphics are perfect for a civil sim with that much terrain data. :)

Indeed it does.

X-Plane v8 still had the 'cartoony' graphics with solid textured windows on airplanes and such, but 10 looks realistic.

Especially the scenery and weather looks ultra realistic when looked at from up above. Job very well done.

Now if there will be some serious addon developers making high quality stuff for X-plane just like they did for MSFS we could have a real winner.

So far, MS Flight looks like it will be a very low-entry level game rather than a sim to appeal to a mass market.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Indeed it does.

X-Plane v8 still had the 'cartoony' graphics with solid textured windows on airplanes and such, but 10 looks realistic.

Especially the scenery and weather looks ultra realistic when looked at from up above. Job very well done.

Now if there will be some serious addon developers making high quality stuff for X-plane just like they did for MSFS we could have a real winner.

So far, MS Flight looks like it will be a very low-entry level game rather than a sim to appeal to a mass market.

totally agree:thumbup:

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, JRollon really makes some sweet stuff for X-Plane. I hope many others will find the inspiration and go the same route.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

My X-Plane 10 arrived today!

The maker(s) claim that this features an adventure creation and playing suite for XPlane, just like the Adventures in FS were.

Does anyone of you have any experience with it? Is it easy to use? Are there (better) alternatives for getting more interactive tasks in Xplane?

I have heard that you can get FSEconomy going in xplane.

The recent news about MS Flight just prompted one more XP10 order. Looking forward to getting it.

I bought it but I am not happy enough to use it as my primary civ sim, its just to barren and my part of the world has nothing populated, its like flying over what it must have been like 100 years ago.

There is just too much work required on my part to trawl through freeware to spruce it up and there doesnt seem to be much freeware for my area anyway - or payware for that matter.

I bought it but I am not happy enough to use it as my primary civ sim, its just to barren and my part of the world has nothing populated, its like flying over what it must have been like 100 years ago.

There is just too much work required on my part to trawl through freeware to spruce it up and there doesnt seem to be much freeware for my area anyway - or payware for that matter.

That's every area, except Seattle, regarding out-of-the-box X-plane unfortunately.

It will get a bit better with the main airports over time with patches, Austin and his crew promised, but other than that we will need to rely on modders or third party devs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have heard that you can get FSEconomy going in xplane.

Thanks, I see that is the case for quite some time already.

http://x-plane.hu/x-economy/

It lists as Xplane 8 and 9 compatible, but I will try it today and see if it works in XP10 as well. Should be fun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ohh now that improves the look of a big city. Great mod.

The night lighting in unprecendented! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cool stuff Phantom. Do you have a link for those interested?

I would love to upgrade my cities in X-plane! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mucho gracias!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

That would be great news. Needless to say I hope they choose the NGX.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I already own PMDG 737NGX for FSX and would not mind switching to X-plane 10 if PMDG offers me this.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer