Pre-Purchase "DCS: A-10C Warthog"

Wags

I just want to clarify my post :lol: Some of you are awfully quick to jump on someone...

No ill will intended towards ED. Seriously, it was taken out of context I guess. It was intended as humor. I meant that to mean: its a bit like throwing a scrap of meat to a dog that has a long history of begging at the table when it has been told to go wait patiently in the corner for it's next meal like it should.

I am more than happy with the way ED is handling the beta and development process, I was entirely ecstatic to get the beta when we did and I will patiently wait (without posting stupid "where is the update" posts) as long as I have to until the next beta or even the final version is released.

Thank you ED for your hard work and I truly appreciate you giving us the beta. We all good here guys?

Edited by gekoiq

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot what a diet of only noodles (ramen) taste like.. Luckily I spend so much time flying around trying to learn all the systems, so I forget to eat. :pilotfly:

I've set up my X52 pro, to work with just the pinkie as a modifier, and still have a lot of buttons to spare, without programming boring modes. I wish I still had my old TrackIR 4, but it works ok to look around with a hatswitch.

I'm not even envious of the people that have the Hog Hotas!

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

Who guarantees me that really all Bugs I recognized, will be fixed by upcoming update? What about new things I´ll recognize...screaming starts again for the second update!!!

I have a dream that one day simmers will take the time to reflect and think about if what they have at their hands is a bug or a feature.

I have a dream in which open beta users read the bold lines in the sticky post on the open beta forum.

Oh wait...;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I have a dream that one day simmers will take the time to reflect and think about if what they have at their hands is a bug or a feature.

I have a dream in which open beta users read the bold lines in the sticky post on the open beta forum.

Oh wait...;)

I wasnt speaking about my self....

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

May it be that you totally dont understand what I wrote? Read more carefully before posting...

Hold your horses, m8. I'm not talking about you. That i quoted your statement in it's entirety should already tell you how this post is meant.

Spare me the combatativeness. It's all good.

Edited by sobek

Come let's eat grandpa!

Hey MemphisBelle I like the cut of your jib...you know, in a non-homo way. :D

Ha ha ha. I don't care if they're late as long as they provide us with information, and they seem to be doing that. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Hold your horses, m8. I'm not talking about you. That i quoted your statement in it's entirety should already tell you how this post is meant.

They do seem quite combative in here today... The internet makes it hard for people to get their real point across, its too easy to misconstrue things.

Apparently it's serious business in here.

reread your post...and saying sorry...I was the one who havent read carefully...:cry:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

They do seem quite combative in here today... The internet makes it hard for people to get their real point across, its too easy to misconstrue things.

reread your post...and saying sorry...I was the one who havent read carefully...:cry:

No harm done, no offense taken. beerchug.gif prost.

Come let's eat grandpa!

I apparently do not have access to this area of the forum .. can someone tell me what it/they said please?

Thanks -- am enjoying the sim (as-is) -- just having a hard time getting the graphics settings set to its optimum [a challenge within itself]

=======================================================

Computer: Alienware M17x-R2; 8GB RAM, Win7-64, i7 Quad-Core, ATI Radeon 5870, 1TB (RAID 0), etc....

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Currently we're working with Open Beta 2 candidate, it's tested by our Test team. Beta 2 will be available as a patch to Beta 1 with size of approx. 2 Gb, all later builds are going to have an auto-update system.

No dates as usual, but we hope to provide this update very soon.

This is the post being quoted.

Thanks for the quick update / clarification!

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Here we go - that should settle it. Should hopefully put an end to the 'ETA' threads sprouting like mushrooms all of a sudden :yes:

Currently we're working with Open Beta 2 candidate, it's tested by our Test team. Beta 2 will be available as a patch to Beta 1 with size of approx. 2 Gb, all later builds are going to have an auto-update system.

No dates as usual, but we hope to provide this update very soon.

Edit: Too slow :)

For access to the Beta forums, see here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hi to all, i am new here, came in following this that seems to be (FINALLY!!!) a very nice modern combat flight simulator since the lasts 6 years. I love Flight simulators (i have thousand hours of civil' and combat' flights on my shoulders) and me, and many passionates like me, were missing a modern air combat simulator like this (stop that booring WWII air combat simulators! and modern jet combat simulators are really too much old), so thanks to YOU ED!

[presentation mode=off]

Now, i have some question to you, please i hope you want answer to all that.

I have downloaded Warthog from torrent cause it said that was a demo but it isn't, it's the complete beta version. Do you think you will release a serial to have a trial/demo (one or [better] two play' hours) to check how it goes on old pcs (as mine)?

Will be released an Italian version of the simulator when it will be finished? (i really hope a lot in you for this) And, if yes, buying the Pre-purchase english's version will give us the Italian's one when it will be released? (only me and my friends are 20 that will buy it for sure if it will be also in Italian, many of my friends passionate of this don't speak english..)

Can you send me a link for the manual of the game, to read and learn about the start engine' procedures, checklists, weapons and defence usage, etc etc.. ?

Sorry for my english, i hope it was all fine and understandable.

Continue the good and wonderful work!

Dude...all your questions are well answered in the stickes and the FAQ

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Ok I have a small problem here. I had none of the available means of payment, so basically i put some money in a mates account who has a mastercard to get me and him a copy. So he purchased 2 copies and sent me a key, but how do I register my key to get access to beta forums? Also, how do updates for the beta work?

"Eject eject eject! Say goodbye, a**hole."

"Eject eject eject! Goodbye, a**hole!" :megalol:

i7 980x, Corsair H70, Asus Rampage 3 Extreme, 6Gb Corsair Dominator GT, 2x 6990 Crossfire, OCZ Vertex II 60Gb, 2x WD Caviar Black 1Tb, X-Fi Fatal1ty PCI, G19, Roccat Kone+, HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5 + Trackclip Pro

[presentation mode=off]

Now, i have some question to you, please i hope you want answer to all that.

I have downloaded Warthog from torrent cause it said that was a demo but it isn't, it's the complete beta version. Do you think you will release a serial to have a trial/demo (one or [better] two play' hours) to check how it goes on old pcs (as mine)?

Will be released an Italian version of the simulator when it will be finished? (i really hope a lot in you for this) And, if yes, buying the Pre-purchase english's version will give us the Italian's one when it will be released? (only me and my friends are 20 that will buy it for sure if it will be also in Italian, many of my friends passionate of this don't speak english..)

Can you send me a link for the manual of the game, to read and learn about the start engine' procedures, checklists, weapons and defence usage, etc etc.. ?

Sorry for my english, i hope it was all fine and understandable.

Continue the good and wonderful work!

There is no way you're getting a serial for two hours lol.

Here is a link to the manual http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=58315&highlight=manual

Here's a link to the short manual in Italian http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1006628&postcount=97

Pretty sure there was a localized Italian versions of FC2, so I would think there would be one for A10C-lot's of Italians, and Italian squadrons flying DCS sims)

Italian Squadrons

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=938746&postcount=29

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=851158&postcount=26

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok I have a small problem here. I had none of the available means of payment, so basically i put some money in a mates account who has a mastercard to get me and him a copy. So he purchased 2 copies and sent me a key, but how do I register my key to get access to beta forums? Also, how do updates for the beta work?

If he bought the copies for you and him at once so you got a problem, since the systems recognizes him as someone who got 2 copies for his account...so now you´ve got a problem. Do you have an account at DCS.com? If not so get one and contact support to get your product over to your account.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

There is no way you're getting a serial for two hours lol.

Here is a link to the manual http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=58315&highlight=manual

Here's a link to the short manual in Italian http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1006628&postcount=97

Pretty sure there was a localized Italian versions of FC2, so I would think there would be one for A10C-lot's of Italians, and Italian squadrons flying DCS sims)

Italian Squadrons

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=938746&postcount=29

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=851158&postcount=26

Wow what an answer, Thank You man!

Unfortunally i can't access the Italian's guide, it's in a unaccessible area for me, but thanx anyway.

Can you tell me also where to find the "faq" and "stickes" that Memphisbelle is talking about? sorry, this is my first time here..

So, i could be quite sure that buying this Pre-purchase english version will have also the update to the Italian's one? (Pls ED answer this question to have an official answer)

So, i could be quite sure that buying this Pre-purchase english version will have also the update to the Italian's one? (Pls ED answer this question to have an official answer)

AFAIK ther is no official italian version of FC2. ED does not have an italian translation team, unfortunately.

Come let's eat grandpa!