A-10C Beta Flight Manual Available

SinandGrin

Are there plans to put the finished printed manual up for purchase, as with Black Shark?

Itkovian

Took the words right outta my mouth - if not, I better start shopping around for a decent printer.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

I'm sure you're already awash in corrections, but I no sooner start with the introduction than I'm accosted by a grave misnomer in the very first paragraph. The official name given to the A-10 is "Thunderbolt II". I know, I know - it has long since been the "Warthog", but in all accuracy it fulfilled the same role as an earlier tank buster also built by Republic: the P-47 Thunderbolt. It's kind of a pedigree/lineage thing.

After you correct the first mention of the A-10 to "Thunderbolt II" you can then go on to say something along the lines of "Being the tender bunch they are, A-10 pilots soon lovingly gave it the moniker 'Warthog', as we shall hence refer to it in this manual."

Okay, I feel better now that I've gotten that off my chest. :huh:

Anyway, thanks for making the manual immediately available to everyone. I'm looking forward to buying the printed one as I did with Black Shark.

Read Page 23.

The battle damaged Hog on pg 38 is just :shocking: Was that airborne when hit or parked?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

The battle damaged Hog on pg 38 is just :shocking: Was that airborne when hit or parked?

Just put the cursor over the Figure 29 and read the text in pop-up hint.

Source: http://www.af.mil/photos/mediagallery.asp?galleryID=16&page=40

030408-F-2034C-018.jpg

Close call

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM -- A-10 Thunderbolt II maintenance members from the 392nd Air Expeditionary Wing inspect their aircraft for any additional damage after it was hit by an Iraqi missile in the right engine. The A-10 made it back to the base safely. (U. S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Shane A. Cuomo)

Re the manual - great reading :thumbup: but I have one suggestion. Could you quit on adding shadows to technical figures? It could be good for contemporary Discovery Channel but in a serious production like DCS it looks like a cheap graphical effect, doesn't look good when fast reviewing the manual zoomed out and it's certainly not printer friendly. Just my two cents.

Man, this manual is a beast! I let her rip on the large copy machine/printer at work while no one was looking. Printed it out two sided and two .pdf pages per printed page and the thing is still almost 3 cm thick! ton's of reading to do.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Pre purchase manuals

Hi,

Avid Black Shark user and just curious to know if the A10 manual is available prior at all ahead of pre purchasing?

Not after anything for nothing - fully intend to pre purchase but rather wait a week for my new PC to do the download but would like to read up if its possible legally on the manual whilst I wait?

Kind Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious as to know if to download the final manual will have a price. For me, to buy the sim, should include the manual and not have a separate price... or is that only for a paper copy? :book:

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Just to clarify (thanks first for your response), the 700 page version, if we have to pay for it, is the paper copy and not the download version. Will we have to pay for a download version also?

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]