Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

A-10C Beta Flight Manual Available

SinandGrin

I am so thankful that a beta version has been released and we are able to get our hands on this awesome sim a bit sooner!

As I write this my desktop computer at home is downloading the sim and it should all be there when i make it back from this business trip i am on. What I was hoping for though was some way to download the User Manual now on my laptop so that i may start to read through it at the hotel tonight. I do not have the fastest internet connection here at the hotel, so the idea of download 4+ GBs of data just to get my hands on the 300-500 MB User Manual does not make a whole lot of sense.

Is there anyway someone might be able to host a torrent or share the user manual online so that I and anyone else could get this document without having to download the entire sim?

Thanks in advance!

It looks like it could be the beginning of the end of my simulators adventure. I don't play enough to conserve my skills even in primitive Black Shark... Or I will have to improve my noting skills even further http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Creating_Automatic_Tables_of_Contents

;)

I think the YA-09 looks sexy... But I think that of the SU-25 aswel... And a two seater A10 oh yes...shame it never took off [no pun intended]

DCS: prototype..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

+1:thumbup::pilotfly: :book: :book: :book: :book: :book: :book: :book:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Oh my, just got a cursory glance at the manual and I am in love. Now I just have to get at the large copy machine at work and print this baby out when no-one is around!

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Thanks for the manual, now to do a little reading.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Oh my, just got a cursory glance at the manual and I am in love. Now I just have to get at the large copy machine at work and print this baby out when no-one is around!

Wait for the final version. Wags is still fixing errors.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Beta Manual Typos

what i got so far: :smartass:

pg 27 1st paragraph "A-10 MissionsIn the 30+ years of operational service..." > "A-10 Missions" as a header, then "In the 30+ years of operational service..."

pg 101 Figure 81. Landing Gear and Flap Control Panel the Landing Gear Position Lights all three say "N|SAFE" when one should have L, another R.

pg 102 Landing Gear and Flap Control Panel: 7. Turbine Engine Monitoring System (TEMS) switch: "Not function" > "No function" or "Not functional"

each reference to the T-Handle: "...shaped handles is located..." > "...shaped handle is located..."

pg 130 Fuel System Control Panel: 5. Tank Gate Switch: "...can lead fuel center..." > "...can lead to fuel center..."

pg 132 Throttles Panel: 1. APU Switch: "Batter Power" > "Battery Power"

pg 133 Throttles Panel: 4. Engine Operate Switches : "Moving one of the switches to the MOTOR position will a throttle..." > Moving one of the switches to the MOTOR position "when" a throttle...

• Like 2

2600K @ 4.2GHz, MSI P67A-GD55, 16GB G.Skill @2133 , GTX 970, Rift, SSD boot & DCS drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Nate, your a god send :). I can read before I head home and start the configuration of the Hotas :).

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.