DCS A-10C Warthog, Beta 02 Patch Available

glenm

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly encourage you guys to use just about any hosting service that ISNT mediafire... I get all kinds of fun malware and never-ending-popup loops from their site.

And thats in Chrome. I would imagine that for an IE user, their computer just explodes, spontaneously.

Apologies, I never realised, I have all of that stuff blocked automatically.

Any change of a changelog also?

Changelog would be brilliant...

Can't see one, sorry

Nate

I strongly encourage you guys to use just about any hosting service that ISNT mediafire... I get all kinds of fun malware and never-ending-popup loops from their site.

And thats in Chrome. I would imagine that for an IE user, their computer just explodes, spontaneously.

Firefox + AdBlock = mediafire is better than EVERYTHING. No waits, no popups, no ads, nothing but the file you wanted.

Can I download it in work from a mac and then tranfer the file to my pc at home or do I have to use the same computer with the original beta file??

Of course, it's just an exe file. Download it at work, bring it home and install it wherever you installed your game.

yes changelog would be great

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

FFS 500k download speed until 87% 15 mins to go turns into 55mins. Would everybody please stop downloading until I have finished... THANK YOU ;)

---------------

MSI GD65 Gaming | i7 4770k Haswell @ 4.7ghz, | H110 water cooler | 32Gb ddr3 | Sound Blaster Zx | MSI GTX 1080Ti | 1x 250Gb SSD's + 2x 500Gb SSD |

Acer Predator 34" (3440x1440) | TrackiR 5 + UTC Light | Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2x Thrustmaster MFD's | MFG Crosswinds (ordered) | Thrustmaster Warthog :smartass:

--------------------

Patch stopped downloading after 1.? mb and said was complete. Of course it was not but showed. Corrupted file, have no idea why, but downloading again. NOW rather than a 5+ hour download, it is 11!. Oh well, we will all have it within 36 -48 hours. We've waited this long, we can wait longer.

I left my computer for about 90 minutes, came back and after trying a 2nd download to the http:3 site, it had quit downloading at 223,948KB. Anybody have an idea of what could be wrong? This is a 2nd failure at an attempt to download. I haven't used a torrent yet. Guess Ii should!

"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home."-----anonymous

I have seen speeds ranging from 5kb/s to 500kb/s...and the latter happened only for about 20 seconds...sigh...

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Of course, it's just an exe file. Download it at work, bring it home and install it wherever you installed your game.

THankz!! But I have the administrator problem.

I guess that Iam in a company computer that I dont have the admin password, is this the case or Iam missing something??

cause I login to ED with the password.

Guess I will need to whait until I get home :cry: and whait for another day to see the fix :pilotfly:

<S>

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1018719&postcount=8

Known issue, temp hotfix in the post above.

I don't have access to this section of the Forum - can you post the Hotfix here please?

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

@CrazyOwl: You only need administrator rights to install the patch over the installed game. Not to download it or anything.

The patch is simply a file. It has no idea what PC/Mac/USB drive or whatever it's on. No rights are needed until you actually install it. So, as long as you can download from a webpage and save to your hard drive at work, then copy it to a USB drive (or burn to a DVD or something) to bring home you should be just fine.

I don't have access to this section of the Forum - can you post the Hotfix here please?

Until an official fix comes along, renaming Town31.fx and Town31light.fx to Town31.fx2 and Town31light.fx2 in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C Beta\Bazar\shaders\terrain\shaders31, will allow the simulation to load.

EDIT:- IF you modify these files, do not submit a bug report without changing them back first. If you can't replicate the bug after changing them back, then don't report it.

Nate

So I see there is a temporary hotfix... how quickly will it be fixed with a new build released? Hopefully it wont be a few months...

It is NOT a hot fix, it is a non official workaround, which if used invalidates any bug report. If you are to report bugs you must change those files back and replicate the bug.

Nate

kylania,

Thanks!

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64