Inflight refueling

RogueRunner

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah hah! So that's how the nose gets all dented up on a lot of these birds. Been wondering that for a while :)

Dell Aurora R11, Windows 10 Home 64bit English, Intel i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost), 64GB Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6, 24” 1080p 144Hz Free-Sync/G-SYNC compatible monitor, 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD.

Most USAF jets get beat pretty bad by the boom. Caused by inexperience ( boom operator or pilots)

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Most USAF jets get beat pretty bad by the boom. Caused by inexperience ( boom operator or pilots)

Nothing to do with how difficult it can be in some circumstances ehhh......

:huh:

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

i dont think the boom causes airframe panel damage , mainly paint scrape if anything, and aviation fuel wash on the aircrafts skin, when the boom releases, youll notice a sudden spray..

the aircraft thats getting fuel, gets washed with this. most of it vaporizes away though.

Edited by diveplane

Does it work in MP with the new Beta 2, did anyone tested it yet?

And, what speed should the tanker be set to in the mission? I tried this in beta one and the tanker thought we were drag racing. :doh: Well, I was never able to catch up to the tanker.

asus p7p55d deluxe | intel i5-750 @ stock | g.skill ripjaw 4gb | asus geforce gtx 470 @ stock | trackir 4 | thrustmaster hotas warthog | win7 home premium 64bit

Re speed: I remember a passage in "Warthog: Flying the A-10 in the Gulf War' where they transferred from the US via the Atlantic in really bad weather with no autopilot, and they had to refuel mid-flight. The tanker (KC-135?) was barely able to maintain minimum speed with flaps extended in order for the A-10A's to refuel.

Can someone explain how you setup your radio etc to make contact with the tanker? Don't get me wrong... I did read all info but the tanker in the comm menu stay's black and therefore unable to contact him.

Much appreciated!

PS

A track file attached would be nice so i can see in the mission editor how the settings are been made...

Nothing to do with how difficult it can be in some circumstances ehhh......

:huh:

Nope, seen the difference when an experience pilot does it as oppose to a new guys. Experience pilot look like he was on rails, connected in seconds. It took the new plot three time longer to get in position and it look like the first time a child stand up, wobbly as hell.

I'm no pilot, just what I seen.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

i dont think the boom causes airframe panel damage , mainly paint scrape if anything, and aviation fuel wash on the aircrafts skin, when the boom releases, youll notice a sudden spray..

the aircraft thats getting fuel, gets washed with this. most of it vaporizes away though.

It does not happen all the time, which I'm very grateful for, but they can damaged each other. I seen canopy scratches, antennas broken of, IFR door itself or the receptacle gauged to the point it requires replacement, etc. Same that and aircraft can destroy the boom.

To whom it may concern,

Re speed: I remember a passage in "Warthog: Flying the A-10 in the Gulf War' where they transferred from the US via the Atlantic in really bad weather with no autopilot, and they had to refuel mid-flight. The tanker (KC-135?) was barely able to maintain minimum speed with flaps extended in order for the A-10A's to refuel.

If they were crossing the pond, they probably would be carrying external tanks, which would slow them down even more.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly