WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll be spending some time on the UH-1 integration this weekend, then on to the FC3 overlay + extra stuff.

Awesome news, many thanks for your efforts ;)

PS: is there a possibility to have the KY-58 for encrypting the comms using the TARS ?

As we know, this radio panel isn't implemented on DCS A-10C but I think that can be very usefully for tactical employment.

Edited by _Heater_

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

Awesome news, many thanks for your efforts ;)

PS: is there a possibility to have the KY-58 for encrypting the comms using the TARS ?

As we know, this radio panel isn't implemented on DCS A-10C but I think that can be very usefully for tactical employment.

I've seen a few people ask for this but i personally dont understand how would it be useful? It would definately be cool to have the distinctive cypher 'beep' for immersion, but apart from that I don't really see the point?

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Couple of things:

We've located Eddie's guard mode bug. I believe it's been squashed but regression testing will confirm that.

FC3 integration (those three radio channels in the control panel) will be released concurrently with UH-1 compatibility this week provided testing goes well. We're very close! A more immersive experience will be had when we finish our overlay system, but that's going to be a little while, so in the meantime users can play TARS with FC3.

You'll be able to set your FC3 frequencies while the game is running; but I realize that switching to the CP is unwieldy and not a viable long term solution. Our overlay will fix that, but in the meantime I've given FC3 and CA aircraft three radios similar to how the A-10 has them.

FC3 integration (those three radio channels in the control panel) will be released concurrently with UH-1 compatibility this week provided testing goes well.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

Great news, thanks Headspace.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

The KY-58 was in the original roadmap, to be looked at when all other goals had been accomplished. It is very low on the list of current priorities.

rgr.

thanks for the update :thumbup:

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

I´ve installed TS3 v3.0.10.1 (64bit) and the TARS 1.02 beta 3.

But it doesn´t work anyway, I ´ve tried TS3 in 32bit already.

In TS3 TARS is installed as plugin, but "not running".

In TARS control panel you can see DCS:World 1.2.3 installed, but not 1.2.4 with latest update patch, which is indeed installed.

What´s wrong..?

(Is it o.k., that there is the picture of DCS:World in the TARS control panel instead

of the two pics from A-10C/BlackShark2 on your screenshot on the TARS-Homepage?)

Running Win8 @ 64bit, all updates installed.

tars014ysf1.jpg tars02qcs77.jpg

tars035yjq8.jpg

Edited by Purzel

I´ve installed TS3 v3.0.10.1 (64bit) and the TARS 1.02 beta 3.

But it doesn´t work anyway, I ´ve tried TS3 in 32bit already.

In TS3 TARS is installed as plugin, but "not running".

In TARS control panel you can see DCS:World 1.2.3 installed, but not 1.2.4 with latest update patch, which is indeed installed.

What´s wrong..?

(Is it o.k., that there is the picture of DCS:World in the TARS control panel instead

of the two pics from A-10C/BlackShark2 on your screenshot on the TARS-Homepage?

The TARS control panel only shows the A-10C icon.

Check you screenshot. It detects your teamspeak as x64, you should use x64 TS3.

TARS will not show that it is running in the teamspeak pane before you have joined an unpaused multiplayer game. It will show frequencies of radios, when your radios are configured correctly. You might have to update the pane by clicking a channel for example and then your nick again.

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

I currently use x64 TS3 and I´ve tried x32 TS3 also...,

nothingtheless there is that "unknown version installed" message.

The TARS control panel only shows the A-10C icon.

but not the correct current version, or what do you want to say to me?

I also have BS2 installed in DCS:World, where is that icon then?

Check the TARS-Homepage-Picture:

cpanel1.png

So you´re telling me, my TARS is running correctly?

Why is my shown game version not correct?

Why do I have only one Icon? (maybe someone should update the homepage picture then?)

Indeed in the homepage screen you can read: "Installed with TS3...", but in my Screen "Unknown Version installed", which sounds like "detected" but not like "installed with"...

Where do the path (hidden behind the A-10 picture) has to point to, which data file is related to this searchpath? Maybe I´ve just set the wrong path?

That installation looks fine.

TARS only displays the A-10 icon now, since we have moved to DCS World.

From what I have seen the DCS World version displayed seems to be the one that the client installed using the full installer. If you use DCS:World autoupdate, it doesnt seem to change this number, but that is fine, that is how it is for everyone else also and does not affect TARS.

I have the unknown version message also, but my TARS is OK. One thing you have to make sure is that if you have a 32bit operating system, is that you use 32bit TS. TARS uses your operating system to decide which version of TARS to install, so your OS has to match your TS.

Other than that I have no idea, it looks like it is all installed correctly.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Purzel: That documentation is from an old version of the TARS control panel. Send the logs to my email as described on the website if you are having problems. The logs usually say what's going on (if it could find a connection to the plugin, for example).

I'd do a full uninstall, make sure you downloaded the newest version of TARS, then full reinstall.

Ignore the version of DCS: World it says you have; that's a bug. I'd assumed the registry got updated but it doesn't. It'll say what version of DCS: World you installed first.

TARS uses your operating system to decide which version of TARS to install, so your OS has to match your TS.

It uses the "bit-ness" of your TeamSpeak installation to determine this. If it detects a 32-bit TeamSpeak, it will attempt to install its 32-bit DLL. Virtually all TeamSpeak middleware plugins tend to follow this paradigm for that reason.

Edited by Headspace

Roger that! I heard otherwise, must have been an old wifes tale. Thanks!

Edited by Kaiza

Preliminary changelog for 1.0.2.4 is as follows:

- Added UH1H Huey support.

- Finished 3-radio FC3 support.

- Fixed issue with A10C Guard channel not working.

- Fixed an issue causing a crash during MP aircraft switching while other players were transmitting.

- Fixed an issue causing a crash during MP aircraft switching when transmitting at a distance.

- Fixed issue with stereo sound feature for different radios not working.

If final testing goes well you will see it this weekend to test for yourself. I especially would like to see x32, Windows 8, and FC3 looked at.

When you switch frequencies in FC3 you can do it through the Control Panel. The overlay method is still being worked on. After that's done we will be focusing on CA if possible, then our SDK.

From the TARS website:

TARS 1.0.2.4 for DCS: World and Flaming Cliffs 3

We are pleased to announce the release of TARS 1.0.2.4 for Flaming Cliffs 3. In addition to several bug fixes and improvements, this release of TARS represents the first “out of beta” version of the product. In addition to full FC3 support, TARS is now compatible with the newly-released DCS: UH-1H Huey module and will work with the Huey’s three radios out of the box.

The Flaming Cliffs 3 mode of TARS uses those three radio frequencies you’ve been seeing in your TARS control panel. You can change them live in the control panel as you play the game. As discussed in several posts in the Eagle Dynamics forums, we will be implementing a Fraps-style overlay for further fine-tuned control of FC3, as well as future Combined Arms integration when the opportunity presents itself.

While the TARS roadmap from a few years back was altered significantly with the release of DCS: World, making the core engine more generic resulted in the opportunity to customize TARS to more than just the Digital Combat Simulator series of flight sims. We are currently exploring opportunities to integrate with other flight simulators and training software. To make this a reality, work has begun on the TARS SDK, which will provide an API for developers to integrate their product with TARS. A higher fidelity radio simulation is also in the works.

Have at it! There was an issue with the CAPTCHA on the bug submission page, I think we've fixed it. I'll try to get any low hanging bugs found by the community fixed this weekend.