WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

Hi Headspace,

what's the status of TARS?

+ Is it compatible with the last patch of 1.2.4?

+ What's with future features?

Looking forward to an update by you. Thanks in advance.

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danke. ;)

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this possible for FC3 aircrafts, or will it be implemented later, with the overlay ?

Yes and yes. If you want to listen in on guard, tune one of the three radios in the control panel to the guard frequency.

As for the P-51, you can use it, but it has FC3 functionality. When its clickable cockpit gets added it'll have less functionality since the real P-51 doesn't have three radios.

My TARS is working, but I had to use some backup files (from old TARS version) to achieve that. The main differences are related to 2 files Export.lua and TARSExport.lua. Basically the difference inside the file is related to the lines that use lfs.writedir.

eg:

dofile (lfs.writedir().."TARS\\tarsexporter.luac") (new file)

dofile(".\\TARS\\tarsexporter.luac") (old file)

For some reason this lfs.writedir() doesn´t make my TARS work, so I´m using the old version for the two files (only dofile). But it sucks, because everytime I have to do something in the control panel, I have to restore these 2 old files from the backup folder. Can you explain what this command do, and why it is not working for me?

Besides, in my Control Panel, I see "game not found" ( in green!) by the side of the little picture of the A-10, but it´s working. Is this normal?

Have the last update of DCS world changed the use of guard frequencies for the A-10?

Guard both 243.00 and 121.5 was working until the update a few days ago, but now when I tested it, it appeared that when listening on guard i lost the other frequency i am monitoring on that radio.

I dont have the logs here now, but I will continue testing this the next times I fly. Just wanted to know if anyone else have had the same problems?

Some squadronmates flying in KA50 also reported that there were some issues using guard after the last update.

Neck

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

Some squadronmates flying in KA50 also reported that there were some issues using guard after the last update.

Said squadmate here, reporting that as of the latest update, activating the guard switch on the R-800 panel causes you to transmit and listen only on 121.500 despite of what you have keyed on the rotaries on the R-800. This is changed from before where all the guard switch did was cause you to listen to 121.500 in addition to what you had keyed yourself.

I have no idea if this is a DCS or a TARS issue, but here's hoping someone can figure this out. :helpsmilie:

• 3 weeks later...

TARS

Hello,

All updated software, TARS, Teampeak 3 DCS world. But TARS control panel shows under Games: DCS World "A10" Icon Game Not Found (Tars Installed). Anyone have any experience with this and able to figure out how to get it to recognize each other. All programs installed in own separate directories. Not default program files folder.

Thanks,

Steve

Work is progressing on the SDK. I'll be rounding up volunteers in the coming weeks to test certain SDK features. Hopefully some of you working on your various ATC projects will be interested. Later on, we'll make the SDK the de facto method of client-to-TARS communication.

Steve,

Please redirect your question to the TARS thread in the DCS Mods forum. This can often happen when you have an older version of DCS, since quite a bit was changed on the DCS: World side when it went modular, and during the 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 phases of DCS: World. I know you say your software is updated, but if you PM me the specific version numbers, I'll tell you what's going on.

It might also be due to a registry issue, in which case your TARS is likely installed fine and it may not be able to verify a few things.

As soon as i activate the TARS Plugin in teamspeak i cant use Teamspeak as normal. The PTT get blocked. but i can write to other player in text. If i try to assign a new ptt button i will not be allowed to whit any keys on keyboard.

I did a test and assigned a PTT key on my Joystick and the after activate the Plugin i still was allowed to talk to people as normal. But still gets a no tars when enter game in Multiplayer and Single player.

23:20:56.201 [55e5578: 251] *** TARS Loading ***

23:20:56.201 [55e55d8: 255] Tactical Aviation Radio System v1.0.2 Beta 4

23:20:56.201 [55e5640: 259] Teamspeak Plugin API Version 19

23:20:56.201 [55e56a0: 283] Already connected to a server.

23:20:56.201 [55e54c8: 205] Connected to server: The Mile High Club

23:20:56.202 [55e5520: 210] DCS interface initialized.

23:20:56.202 [55e4020: 320] TS3Interface: Detected Teamspeak channel change to 40.

23:20:56.202 [55e4318: 543] TS3Interface: Refreshing peer listing for channel 40.

23:20:56.202 [55e6048: 145] Listening for game client on 0.0.0.0:48101.

same here

Hey Headspace I have the same problem with the PTT. I don't understand what you mean by Set your input mode to DirectInput??

Menessis

In TS 3 go to "Settings"

"options"

"Hotkeys"

And in the lower right of the window is an dropsown menu.

There you will find "DirectInput"

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Roger that. Any update avail on CA integration Headspace, or has the effort been on the SDK recently?

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]