WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got it mate, Thankyou for this, it's great.

Make sure you uninstall old TARS first ppl.

This, just use the uninstall function of the new installer and reinsall it. Had lot's of trouble to get it working before I read your post, thx! :)

Thanks a a lot! :thumbup:

Does TARS automatically recognize which intercom mode (radio) is selected?

Yes, it ties into the intercom. Your normal push to talk (PTT) button for Teamspeak is what you should use in the Huey. Set the intercom to the radio you want to transmit from.

The only issue I am having is the Left or Right channel only transmissions have no effect sad.gif

Allied or JTAC still come in as stereo regardless of settings - any ideas?

Send me your log. One suggestion would be to clear out your .ini settings that may be left over from an older version in your TeamSpeak directory.

How does CA work with that? All it says in TS3 is "Spectating" - no frequency is shown though ...

Export doesn't appear to support CA. I am working on another way to get around that without altering any of the core scripts in DCS.

51st just ran a test of TARS in FC3 aircraft. Worked great!

The only issue I am having is the Left or Right channel only transmissions have no effect :(

Allied or JTAC still come in as stereo regardless of settings - any ideas?

ty!

Try uncheck and recheck the checkbox in the ts3 plugin screen after(!) you started DCS or even after(!) you joined your virtual cockpit and report your results!

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Tars Problems

I got a strange problem

Cant get TARS to work. First off when i activate the Tars plugin in TS it seems to block the push to talk button . If i try to assign a new one it will not accept any on the keyboard.

And wen i get into game there is no connection between dcs and the control panel and ts.

Anyone thet have been in same situation and got it solved?

I got a strange problem

Cant get TARS to work. First off when i activate the Tars plugin in TS it seems to block the push to talk button . If i try to assign a new one it will not accept any on the keyboard.

And wen i get into game there is no connection between dcs and the control panel and ts.

Where are you assigning your PTT? TARS won't interfere with your normal TeamSpeak preferences. Make sure you have write permissions to the TeamSpeak 3 installation folder. Run the control panel as admin if necessary.

Also ensure that the server you are connecting to has Export enabled. You can test TARS in singleplayer mode (TeamSpeak will say that TARS is connected) to ensure that it isn't your install.

I'm also having severe problems since installing beta 4. Was trying to connect to the same server as Vaff above. Everyone else on that server but us two have it working perfectly. When I join the game TS shows "TARS not running" and I can hear everyone as if I'm an observer. In the log it says:

22:46:58.567 [4495578: 251] *** TARS Loading ***

22:46:58.567 [44955d8: 255] Tactical Aviation Radio System v1.0.2 Beta 4

22:46:58.567 [4495640: 259] Teamspeak Plugin API Version 19

22:47:01.572 [44954c8: 205] Connected to server: TS

22:47:01.576 [4495520: 210] DCS interface initialized.

22:47:01.576 [4494020: 320] TS3Interface: Detected Teamspeak channel change to 1.

22:47:01.576 [4494318: 543] TS3Interface: Refreshing peer listing for channel 1.

22:47:01.576 [4496048: 145] Listening for game client on 0.0.0.0:48101.

22:50:34.575 [44957b8: 493] Disconnecting from TS3 server.

22:50:34.976 [4495700: 299] *** TARS Unloading ***

I get this when connecting to the external server, and also when connecting to my own locally hosted multiplayer server and when trying to start it singleplayer.

The server was working fine with beta 3 just two days ago. TS version is 3.0.10.1

I have removed and reinstalled TARS thoroughly, first using the control panel uninstall, then tried again by manually deleting every tars file and scrubbing the registry of every TARS key. I've rebooted SO many times. Still nothing.

Edited by Sylvan

Where are you assigning your PTT? TARS won't interfere with your normal TeamSpeak preferences. Make sure you have write permissions to the TeamSpeak 3 installation folder. Run the control panel as admin if necessary.

Also ensure that the server you are connecting to has Export enabled. You can test TARS in singleplayer mode (TeamSpeak will say that TARS is connected) to ensure that it isn't your install.

As soon as i activate the TARS Plugin in teamspeak i cant use Teamspeak as normal. The PTT get blocked. but i can write to other player in text. If i try to assign a new ptt button i will not be allowed to whit any keys on keyboard.

I did a test and assigned a PTT key on my Joystick and the after activate the Plugin i still was allowed to talk to people as normal. But still gets a no tars when enter game in Multiplayer and Single player.

23:20:56.201 [55e5578: 251] *** TARS Loading ***

23:20:56.201 [55e55d8: 255] Tactical Aviation Radio System v1.0.2 Beta 4

23:20:56.201 [55e5640: 259] Teamspeak Plugin API Version 19

23:20:56.201 [55e56a0: 283] Already connected to a server.

23:20:56.201 [55e54c8: 205] Connected to server: The Mile High Club

23:20:56.202 [55e5520: 210] DCS interface initialized.

23:20:56.202 [55e4020: 320] TS3Interface: Detected Teamspeak channel change to 40.

23:20:56.202 [55e4318: 543] TS3Interface: Refreshing peer listing for channel 40.

23:20:56.202 [55e6048: 145] Listening for game client on 0.0.0.0:48101.

Hmm strange i now see that in the Tars Control panel i got a green text whit ( Teamspeak 3 Unknown Version (x64) Installed )

I have uninstalled it and removed all files then reinstalled it from a new dowload from Teamspeak.com so should it not say ver. 3.0.10.1 there?

Edited by Vaff

I got a strange problem

Hi Vaff,

I got the same problem and solved it by completly delete TARS and teamspeak, reinstalled the last versions as admin, and assigned a button on my HOTAS as push to talk. At first my button on the HOTAS-profil emulated the F8-key so i delete it and the button was clean and teamspeak accept it.

TARS is working well for A-10C, but when I join the Huey, TARS doesn´t me recognize as a Huey, but as DCS:WORLD Aircraft, and show me the 3 preset radios on TARS Control Panel. Any ideas?

Make sure you're using the current version of TARS. It sounds like you might not be--are you on 1.0.2.4?

Hi Headspace,

thanks for your incredible work!

Do you plan to integrate TARS direct into DCS (own module), so we can use it later without TS3, just as ingame voice communication?

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have removed and reinstalled TARS thoroughly, first using the control panel uninstall, then tried again by manually deleting every tars file and scrubbing the registry of every TARS key. I've rebooted SO many times. Still nothing.

Heads up, Headspace. I found the cause of my problems. It was in $HOMEDIR\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua:

function LuaExportActivityNextEvent(t)
	local tNext = t
	return tNext
endlocal Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewExportDCS.lua')
dofile(lfs.writedir().."Scripts\\TARSExport.lua")

Looks like TARS and Tacview had a bit of a fight here and left quite a mess. Everything worked fine again when I restored the end clause to LuaExportActivityNextEvent() and commented out the TacView bits.

Maybe something to look into.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Headspace!

I dont know if this is a bug or not, but after I have ejected, I can hear on all 3 radios (on the frequencies I had set when I ejected.

But I can only transmit on Guard, so that works, but i guess, i should only be able to listen on guard?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

Another question regarding the guardfunction:

Are any of the radios programmed to monitor on a guard freq, event though you are using the radio at another frequency? Or do you have to switch to the guard frequency to monitor on guard, and then not be able to use that radio for other communications other than guard?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

Hi Headspace.

We in our squad are enjoying a lot TARS in our missions. Thanks for your lovely work, but we have discovered one issue.

When using any of the radios ( UHF-AM-FM ) if one pilot has the radio on manual and other on preset, even with the same radio frequency, it´s impossible to comunicate between us.

TARS don´t recognize the same frequency with the radios adjusted one in manual and in the other plane in preset.

Before, other TARS versions this situation wokrs oppossite. Comms ok with the same frequency no matter if the radios are in manual or preset.

This is intented or maybe a issue?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Another question regarding the guardfunction:

Are any of the radios programmed to monitor on a guard freq, event though you are using the radio at another frequency? Or do you have to switch to the guard frequency to monitor on guard, and then not be able to use that radio for other communications other than guard?

The A-10C has a guard reciever built into the UHF radio (all NATO aircraft have the ability to monitor UHF guard in the background.). To enable it ensure the mode switch is set to BOTH.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL