On Station

Grimes

Attached below is a slightly modified version of Bitter Winter. Its wind is abit less insane.

Side note: Version 7 occasionally still has error messages occur within the mission. Weirdly I've seen the mission work flawlessly for a 3-4 hour flight, yet in another instance with nothing changed it bugged out on the first task. I am reasonably certain that no specific task has screwed up triggers causing the mission and the message system to create the error. However I think that there might be 2 or more triggers that "step over each other" causing the error to occur. Basically *I think* instead of trying to play 1 and only 1 message type at a time, 2 message types get triggered to play. In some instances it completely screws up the mission, in others it just takes the automated error messages and a cycle of the message system to fix it. I'm going to tweak the triggers a little bit to see if I can get it working flawlessly. If that doesn't work I'll modify the error triggers to clear all message related flags in hopes that it will act as a reset button.

In Summery, Version 7 is functional most of the time however a slight error potentially can occur requiring the mission to be restarted.

co16.On Station_V7 Bitter Winter.miz

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Does this mission require the SLMOD on the host/yourself if you try it "singleplayer" style, alone?

The reason i'm asking is, that our Host didn't get anything on the F10 radio-menu..

- also the "getupdate" and "spawntask" didn't seem to do anything either...

Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

It requires slmod for the "getupdate" and "spawntask" commands to work. However the mission itself is completely automated and it will spawn tasks and give you mission updates without input. You are free to change any of the client aircraft to "player" to enjoy the mission in single player.

As for F10 radio commands, I had to check to see how it works. It appears that the host must be spawned in their aircraft when the mission triggers "add radio items". This occurs approx 5 seconds into the mission. If the host switches aircraft or dies after the F10 radio commands were added, then they won't exist.

I'm gonna throw version 7a up on the 3Sqn server for the purpose of publicly testing it. I modified some of the stuff in the background that made the mission "tick", which should hopefully fix some of the issues that occurred. The only noticeable change on the back-end is the time it takes for messages/commands to be received. Basically I made a looping trigger that says at "time = x play message type y if available." So there is up to a 24 second delay or so until a message actually starts.

Change log:

-Night versions will have night equipped payloads. (IR mavs to replace CCD)

-Aircraft slots are now labeled with their starting default payload (Mixed, PGM, CBU)

-"Suspicious Persons" task now assigns JTAC when task is assigned

-Patrols spawn differently (could have caused mission to get bugged)

-Changed backend stuff

-(Might add) Spam filter for 'spawntask' command.

Hi Grimes, I wanted to try this "SP" last night, but once loaded I just had a peaceful view of a town at night. I tried clicking on a couple of units in the ME to see if I could change them to "player" but it all seemed greyed out. I gave up pretty quick because I though it must only work online.

Are the playable aircraft the ones up at Tbisili or those at Batumi?

Sorry for being a bit thick!

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

Did you try this one:

You are free to change any of the client aircraft to "player" to enjoy the mission in single player. .
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Hi Grimes, I wanted to try this "SP" last night, but once loaded I just had a peaceful view of a town at night. I tried clicking on a couple of units in the ME to see if I could change them to "player" but it all seemed greyed out. I gave up pretty quick because I though it must only work online.

It sounds like you opened it up as a mission and tried using the mission planner. To change a client aircraft to player you need to use the mission editor. You can change any client aircraft you want to player or add however many AI wingmen. Keep in mind the AI will pretty much see everything and warn you about unassigned tasks.

It sounds like you opened it up as a mission and tried using the mission planner.

Yes I did do that!

Great I will do what you said tonight, It looks great! Thanks!

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

Hi Grimes

Your mission sounds great. I play as a singleton mostly. I downloaded the latest version, but it is a rar file, not a miz. Moved it into the missions folder but it doesnt show up. As you can tell I am not very clued up PC wise, can you help point me in the right direction?

Thanks in anticipation. Tonym

tonym, .rar is a compressed archive, like .zip. Install WinRAR, for example, and uncompress. The .miz is inside.

While I'm at it, this is a great mission, thank you very much!. I've flown it three times now. My only problem has been getting access to the DCS command console, I can't find its key assignment in Options -> Controls...

I fixed a few issues that were discovered with the first test version. This updated version is currently running on the 3Sqn server.

Thanks for your help Grimes! I tried the morning one, I loved the atmosphere of the lighting and weather. Unfortunately some punk hit me with a SAM as I closed in on the first target. False sense of security from flying around enjoying the peaceful morning! Looking fwd to having another bash at it, seems very real.

Version 7a has been uploaded to the ED files page. Or can be downloaded HERE

As stated in the previous post the changelog is pretty small. The biggest change was the backend stuff which will make messages take a tiny bit longer to play in order to prevent the mission from hanging up on trigger logic.

Change log:

-Night versions will have night equipped payloads. (IR mavs to replace CCD)

-Aircraft slots are now labeled with their starting default payload (Mixed, PGM, CBU)

-"Suspicious Persons" task now assigns JTAC when task is assigned

-Patrols spawn differently (could have caused mission to get bugged)

-Changed backend stuff

http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/38322/

Its there now, its just when I updated the 7.0a version there was a little bit of user error and the file didn't get uploaded. Besides the dropbox link from a few posts back should also work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Grimes :) flew your "co16.On Station v7a Summers Night" version a little while ago, seems the mission has a problem with one of the tasks (see screenshot below) all that was visible at those coords was a forest.

screen120220232343.jpg

Edited by Mustang

Ok then, well i scanned the surrounding area but saw nothing but endless trees....guess it must be my scenes settings that are forced to high thats the problem - you created this mission with either low or medium scenes?

edit - i flew with another guy during this mission (Matt) and he said he couldn't find anything either, so i'm wondering.

Edited by Mustang

Exact coordinates are LAT 42* 24.246', LONG 042* 59.666' , which will be updated on the downloads soonish. I think the coords were the original placement of the building but it was later moved for some reason. Its not terribly difficult to find at daytime, but then again I know exactly where its at anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Master Arms had a nice multiplayer session last night playing this mission.

We were 9 pilots in 4 flights. I acted commander and handed out the tasks from Wizard. It worked really well.

I used default settings and we had 2 or 3 tasks all the time but there was very little air defense. No SAMs. Only AAA units.

Would it be better if i set it to AO Threat High?

Thanks for sharing this mission. Please continue to improve it or make new ones like this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are looking for Swedish members!

http://www.masterarms.se

Is it possible to tweak the type of tasks generated?

Last night when we flew it, we had 88% bunkers to hit. Gets boring really quick. Would like to see more vehicles and persons to take out.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]