Flight Qualifications Campaign

BFT 02 v1.2 gets stuck on flight line if you dont close your canopy. No fail etc, but it continues if you close it.

I think this BFT is such a great idea, but so far, it has proved very frustrating to do.

Does accelerating time effect the mission? I find full startup takes me about 6 minutes and I get sick of having to wait to move on, especially BFT1 @ 15min!

I don't think accelerating time has any effect in the mission. I've done it several times and nothing wrong happened to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI GT72 6QD Core i7 6700HQ 2.6GHz-3.5GHz - 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia GTX970M 3GB DDR5 - 256 GB M.2. SATA SSD + 1TB HDD 7200 RPM - 17.3" 1920 x 1080 Full-HD IPS Screen - Trackir 5 - HOTAS Warthog

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you having problems is it during the startup? I've found that the Interactive startup did add more to the procedure and could not be used for BFT 2 onwards as it takes too long to startup using the checklist that comes with the interactive ramp start mission. So I'm using a modified list that was made a while back but also adding the missing buttons that are in the Interactive startup mission.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=73178

This list is quicker and has the bird ready quite quickly. For shutdown don't forget the TACAN, ILS and oxygen supply which have caught me out in the past. Whenever I screw up I write it down so that I don't make the same mistake next time.:thumbup:

(BTW its worse to screw up shut down than it is to screw up startup.:doh:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Where are you having problems is it during the startup? I've found that the Interactive startup did add more to the procedure and could not be used for BFT 2 onwards as it takes too long to startup using the checklist that comes with the interactive ramp start mission. So I'm using a modified list that was made a while back but also adding the missing buttons that are in the Interactive startup mission.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=73178

This list is quicker and has the bird ready quite quickly. For shutdown don't forget the TACAN, ILS and oxygen supply which have caught me out in the past. Whenever I screw up I write it down so that I don't make the same mistake next time.:thumbup:

(BTW its worse to screw up shut down than it is to screw up startup.:doh:

Thanks for the tips. I personally do 90% of the startup during the apu powerup and engine spooling. After that I just spend minutes waiting for the ins to align. Atm im stuck at the visual approach, I cant see the papi well enough to get a perfect glidesope w/o ils. Also when i get on the glidescope im told im below approach altitude, at some steps its just not very clear if im supposed to follow atc or the flight plan or the instructor. Therefore I drift off course and am lost between the three. I need to see what the perfect run would look like so that I get an idea what is expected.

ps: nice lists, you might also want to add extend speedbrakes to the landing (~40% on approach and full on touchdown)

Edited by degoe

I didn't write that list the person who posted it made that up. I just finished traffic pattern BFT 03 and now I'm where you are so I'll make a track as I've passed that one before from memory its 2 approaches the first being a touch and go. I recall that I got told off last time I did that one for powering up the ILS so I'll have to see if hes kept that line in there.:D

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I've just passed it and saved the track files but now have to find a good server to upload it to I'll include my other missions tracks for the previous missions as well. Just excuse my lack of resetting the G meter, I'm always forgeting.:doh:

Heres my tracks if anyone wants to see my awesome skills:D.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2842890433/Subs_tracks.zip

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I just got through BFT05.. wow.. got my blood boiling a number of times with unexpected "you exceeded limits blah blah.."

Not sure if its my setup, or just the way I fly, the script just doesnt like me and I have to change the way I do things so I can pass these things.

There's nothing worse then it says "slow to 160.." ok.thens say "accelerate to 220", so I hit full throttle and then fail as I dont get to 220 fast enough. like duh.. what do I do, put it in a dive?

Some clearer direction would be good, like turn at 45 degrees to 040. Climb to Angels 8 at 15 degrees pitch.. I generally do every request as quickly as possible now, no slow turns climbs etc.

anyway, its very rewarding to get through the missions eventually, weaving yourself between the strange parameters.

I just dream of how good it would be to do these sorts of checkout flights in multiplayer using teamspeak with a good pilot giving you instructions. that would be awesome.

Thanks Subs.

I am working to setup a youtube channel but converting trks to avi has been a royal pita! It takes forever on my system and the disk space usage is horrendous. I guess that is expected with 25 frames for every second of video.

I have a webcam setup now so hopefully I can get some vids showing how all the missions should play out.

I will update the missions if the instructions are not clear so I'll continue retesting.

BFT02 was just recently updated as part of the paid campaign.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Hey subs, just had a look at bft 4 approach and landing and it looks like the track is screwed. On taxi to runway you drive into the grass right of the taxiway, then you get failed and take off into a building.

ps nice music :p

Thanks Subs.

I am working to setup a youtube channel but converting trks to avi has been a royal pita! It takes forever on my system and the disk space usage is horrendous. I guess that is expected with 25 frames for every second of video.

I have a webcam setup now so hopefully I can get some vids showing how all the missions should play out.

I will update the missions if the instructions are not clear so I'll continue retesting.

BFT02 was just recently updated as part of the paid campaign.

I've done BFT 01, BFT 11 as movies already, I can easily make movies of the others.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

The paid versions have been updated to make them campaign compatible plus some music and a few other tweaks added.

The paid missions get priority for any bug fixes or updates.

Also any future updates to the campaign missions are free once you have purchased the campaign.

On purchase you get a mission key to unlock the campaign and the same key will work for any future mission updates to the campaign.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Hey subs, just had a look at bft 4 approach and landing and it looks like the track is screwed. On taxi to runway you drive into the grass right of the taxiway, then you get failed and take off into a building.

ps nice music :p

thats the problem with tracks.. they rarely replay as intended.

Anyone have a movie of the correct execution of spiral dive and lazy eight for BFT06? I cant seem to manage to do it the way the mission wants me to.

Also, on BFT06, could you mention in the txt about the alternate engine out landing strip? I never look through the pictures so when I got to that part I failed as I headed to Batumi.

cheers

Edited by spikenet
added stuff

Shame on you for missing the mission brief ;)

There is a spoiler posted for BFT06 here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1286141&postcount=219

thanks.. yes I now know the pictures contain vital information :)

I tried the mission again last night but for some reason after I climbed to Angels 10 the IP went quiet and I flew out of the MAO by the time the IP woke up and started my manouvers..

Is there a faster way to align the EGI? Surely we dont need super-accurate nav for these missions. I read somewhere about starting an engine to taxi, then spooling up other engine and doing align on the taxi to runway.. any thoughts?

Edited by spikenet

Ok, I got through BFT 04 approach and landing thanks to subs track files (took control).

Seems afterward that I kept failing because I tried to fly the glide scope right from the moment it descended below the approach altitude.

If you do this you get an off altitude (approach altitude) and get failed.

So first you should wait till you get the fly x knots to the runway message and then you can start to descend to the glide scope (which you will be above when you get the message).

As far as I know from past fsx experience you should start flying the glide scope from the moment it descends below the approach altitude and keep the papi at 2 white.

I am not 100% sure about this so if somebody knows...

Ps. is the jeep supposed to crash into to jets at the beginning of bft 5 and 6?

Edited by degoe

The BFT for traffic pattern and Landings are missing promting for landing. If you drop your gear and flaps early it fails the mission, also for glide slope the script needs "ok set up for landing and make your approach" IMO the down wind leg is where this should be happening IRL then a turn to base leg all thats required is lining up with runway and catching the glide slope. The below glide slope call has caught me out a few times as you can get a fail if you descend below 2400ft. :doh:

These are still really good missions, these guys should do FSX as well like carrierops could use missions like BFT.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

The BFT for traffic pattern and Landings are missing promting for landing. If you drop your gear and flaps early it fails the mission, also for glide slope the script needs "ok set up for landing and make your approach" IMO the down wind leg is where this should be happening IRL then a turn to base leg all thats required is lining up with runway and catching the glide slope. The below glide slope call has caught me out a few times as you can get a fail if you descend below 2400ft. :doh:

These are still really good missions, these guys should do FSX as well like carrierops could use missions like BFT.

Yup, also definitely waiting for the dcs fighter with hopefully carrier ops and a bft for that. Will also certainly buy the next bft if we can get the bugs ironed out and get a bit more complete commands so that I wont have to find out what im supposed to do by trial and error.

That's SWEET! Something to practice with until Seven G is out. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!