Greb's Mission Revisions!

Greb

Greb... Do you work For World Wide? I do... Its slow where I moved to (Bend, Oregon). I was living in Pittsburgh before and was busy as hell but it drove me to the brink of insanity, LOL.

Hey Jeff!

I work for a local company. They are family owned and operated. I have work for them off and on for 20 years. They are good people and have always had a horse for me to ride whenever the need has arisen.

Oh yeah I know Bend OR! Driven through, around that city more times then I could count. There used to be a Truck Stop there called Jakes. It was right on the south end of town. They had the BEST breakfast in town. I used to stop and sleep there all the time. It's been gone now for quite a few years.

Yeah I could never live in the city again. It's is just beyond sanity. Funny though I will have to be in LA almost every week.....ah well...you know the best thing about Los Angeles .......leaving it! LOL!!!

Edited by Greb

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Mission for ya! This is a supply convoy strike. F16 pull SEAD on AAA, and F15's cover you while destroy convoy support units. When the B52's call RTB you are clear to engage. AWACS on site in case you want to check the area for bandits. Let the B52's carpet bomb before you head in. I like to lead my Wingy on to target area 1 and let him off the leash. Then I proceed to target area 2 and clean up. Search the ends of the burning convoys, that's where you find your targets. Set in winter so keep that idle up on taxi and runway areas. Read the Brief!

Have Fun!

*See File "SP Streets of Fire REV 01 B4" in the initial thread.

Edited by Greb

Hey fellas! Streets of fire had another issue with ground vehicles, my fault! I fixed it, but I want to run it again real quick before I repost it.

No more mission building while Superbowl is on.....I SWEAR!!!

• Like 1

AAAWWWEEESSSOOOMMMEEE!!!

Ok It's fixed! Awacs was the problem. Changed it around a bit and looks good to go. Sorry about that folks!

SEE "SP Streets of Fire REV 03 B-4" in original thread.

You are unbelievable man! I love your work! :sorcerer:

I can't find the time to fly 2-3 times a week and you just put out mission after mission, fly, test, correct, fly again and that beside running a job is somewhat time consuming as well! :thumbsup:

Keep up this awesome work!

Did you ever think about putting these Missions plus some variations together as a campaign? Would be the cherry on the cream on top of that icecream :cheer3nc:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You are unbelievable man! I love your work! :sorcerer:

I can't find the time to fly 2-3 times a week and you just put out mission after mission, fly, test, correct, fly again and that beside running a job is somewhat time consuming as well! :thumbsup:

Keep up this awesome work!

Did you ever think about putting these Missions plus some variations together as a campaign? Would be the cherry on the cream on top of that icecream :cheer3nc:

Thanks for that shagrat..... I really appreciate it!

I do have a couple of campaign ideas I would like to do. I have written them out scenario wise, but I am thinking I will wait until the final release. I also have a lot of MP stuff in mind, but once again it probably would be best to wait until final release.

Try that Streets Of Fire. I totally hosed it up yesterday....watching the Superbowl and building missions is not a recommended practice. LOL!!! It's all good now and the Visuals are just awesome. When you come back on the return flight home check out the moon....knock your socks off!

Thanks Again!

Edited by Greb

Hey Greb, thanks for all your great work past, present and futre!!

Messing up while watching the Superbowl is ok if you were on the Greenbay side.......... if a Steeler fan then you needed to hold on tighter to the mission or the ball or something!!

Thanks again!

SlapStik

TM Warthog #1547, TM TPR Pedals, TM MFD pack & TIR4

Hey Greb, thanks for all your great work past, present and futre!!

Messing up while watching the Superbowl is ok if you were on the Greenbay side.......... if a Steeler fan then you needed to hold on tighter to the mission or the ball or something!!

Thanks again!

Green Bay for sure! I use to deliver to Appleton all the time back in the early 90's. Plus Mike Holmgren was my high school football coach. Loved playing for that guy. He also taught typing class.....of course all we did was talk football! LOL!!!

tried streets of fire.... circled about 15 - 20 miles from the convoy, looking for the SAMs.

None of the other planes ever came in... I waited about 40 minutes.

I launched on the SAM, destroyed it and was promptly attacked by Mig29s and me and the wingie were blown out of the sky within 3 minutes. This scenario happened twice.

Am I doing something wrong? I tried calling the B52s and F15s but no answer.

thanks

Jeff

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

tried streets of fire.... circled about 15 - 20 miles from the convoy, looking for the SAMs.

None of the other planes ever came in... I waited about 40 minutes.

I launched on the SAM, destroyed it and was promptly attacked by Mig29s and me and the wingie were blown out of the sky within 3 minutes. This scenario happened twice.

Am I doing something wrong? I tried calling the B52s and F15s but no answer.

thanks

Jeff

You have to stay strict to your way points Jeff. I have it all set with triggers. Make sure you are flying file REV 03. Also watch your tad, you should see them all pop up in your TAD. Don't start your orbit until you get to the "ORBIT" way point. Try it again and let me know.

New Mission for ya!

This one is a goody! Sort of a Trick or Treat deal. Mission is set in Fall on Halloween, late afternoon. JTAC is on sight so check in with him when you get on station at the ORBIT way point. This is a longer flight and you are loaded FAT to inflict a lot of damage. There are live artillery units firing at each other and it's quite the show. Watch for Bandits. There is a Fuel Tanker on your way out to refuel with. I have the Fuel tanker set up so he is on your flight path from way points 7 to 8 at 5000 feet, same altitude as your flight. So you will have 70 or 80 miles of flight time to get hooked to him.....granted you survive the combat. Watch your Way point altitudes and fly your way points STRICT. If you can't make the tanker use the alternate airfield in the brief.

I have really started getting into dressing up the combat areas. When called for such as Artillery or SAM sites, I am adding the support units that go with them. Example if there is a Artillery unit then there will be Ammo trucks and fire control center and troops with them. Have fun and Read the Brief!

*See File "SP All Hallows Eve REV 01 B-4" in original thread.

You have to stay strict to your way points Jeff. I have it all set with triggers. Make sure you are flying file REV 03. Also watch your tad, you should see them all pop up in your TAD. Don't start your orbit until you get to the "ORBIT" way point. Try it again and let me know.

Worked fine for me, Greb. Once the B-52's laid down there bombs it was a piece of cake. Not Really! I took some damage and put down safely at the field which is just a couple of miles from where all the action is. I have a lot of fun watching the others in action. Looking forward to your new one. Good stuff as usual.

"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home."-----anonymous

Worked fine for me, Greb. Once the B-52's laid down there bombs it was a piece of cake. Not Really! I took some damage and put down safely at the field which is just a couple of miles from where all the action is. I have a lot of fun watching the others in action. Looking forward to your new one. Good stuff as usual.

Love those B52 Strikes! Gonna have to get more of them into my missions. Yeah Dane if you look in the direction of the incoming bandits you can see the missile trails and air explosions. Sometimes you are so head down in the cockpit you miss the battle.

This new one is scary! There are a couple of KA50's patrolling near the armor convoys and they are DEADLY!!!! LOL!!! Engage at some distance!

Spooky mission! LOL!!!

Thanks for all the nice comments fellas! If you like fly'em I'll keep building them!

Edited by Greb

Ahhh thats what i was doing wrong then greb... thanks

Let me know if you have any problems Jeff! Your Tad should lite up like a christmas tree.

Well I learned last night after flying that All Hallows Eve that my refueling skills SUCK!!!! I did make it back to Sochi though....on fumes!

I tried again last night (streets of fire) and still no bombers or F-15s. I followed the waypoints precisely but my Time Time on Target was -16:15 (+- 10 minutes or so). I dont know if this will throw off the triggers or not.

I arrived on station at the orbit WP (made sure it auto-advanced to the target 1 WP), circled for about 35 minutes , tried the radios, nada.

I watched the replay and noticed the F-15s and B-52s disappear soon after takeoff.

I dont know what Im doing wrong... thinking maybe its my TOT. Im not sure how to read that info... meaning if a negative time means Im early or late (Im guessing early)

Hey by the way... You may want to have your company call World Wide for Dell work. The company does 10,000 jobs a day nationwide and they very well may take on your company as a contractor. thats what they did in Bend before I came out here. not sure if you've heard of WorldWide before... used to be called QualxServe.

Let me know if you need contact info... My brother drives trucks and hates going back on the road LOL. Hell I drive a nice comfy car all day and I hate driving!

Jeff

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

I tried again last night (streets of fire) and still no bombers or F-15s. I followed the waypoints precisely but my Time Time on Target was -16:15 (+- 10 minutes or so). I dont know if this will throw off the triggers or not.

I arrived on station at the orbit WP (made sure it auto-advanced to the target 1 WP), circled for about 35 minutes , tried the radios, nada.

I watched the replay and noticed the F-15s and B-52s disappear soon after takeoff.

I dont know what Im doing wrong... thinking maybe its my TOT. Im not sure how to read that info... meaning if a negative time means Im early or late (Im guessing early)

Hey by the way... You may want to have your company call World Wide for Dell work. The company does 10,000 jobs a day nationwide and they very well may take on your company as a contractor. thats what they did in Bend before I came out here. not sure if you've heard of WorldWide before... used to be called QualxServe.

Let me know if you need contact info... My brother drives trucks and hates going back on the road LOL. Hell I drive a nice comfy car all day and I hate driving!

Jeff

I worked for Qualxserv for a few years as a salary employee. When they merged to World Wide they let tons of us go...me included! My boss was PISSED! There are a few contract companies in this area but the pay STINKS! ....and they want you to wait 30 days to get paid.

That is really weird on the Mission Jeff. The B52's at first with the F15's are window dressing at takeoff. They deactivate when out of visual range. You should be taking off and heading over the mountains and then into the flats. You make a left turn and that activates the F15 and F16's as well as the B52 bombers. Are you running beta 4 and have redownloaded the current file in the original thread? You aren't flying your waypoints backwards are you?

OK I got streets version3 B-4... downloaded 2 days ago after you said you fixed it. I flew them precisely but my TOT and likely my altitude were off... I dont know if that would do it. I didnt see or hear anything after the Left hander (next to the bullseye) which i beleive is WP 3.

Ya I just got hired at Banctec and then Qualx bought them a month later. Worked out great for me as my route had me racking up the miles in Pittsburgh... over 1,000 miles a week! The pay is pretty bad but working for Unisys would be the worst @ $16.00 a call which is an outrage. at least at World Wide i get $29.00 (as a part timer) which is fair enough. Sucks that they trashed all you guys... If you want I can see if they would want to hire you as a part timer like me. They prefer to use QSPs (part timers) than contractors most of the time. Your experience would make you instantly qualified Im sure.

Edited by jeffyd123

OK I got streets version3 B-4... downloaded 2 days ago after you said you fixed it. I flew them precisely but my TOT and likely my altitude were off... I dont know if that would do it. I didnt see or hear anything after the Left hander (next to the bullseye) which i beleive is WP 3.

Ya I just got hired at Banctec and then Qualx bought them a month later. Worked out great for me as my route had me racking up the miles in Pittsburgh... over 1,000 miles a week! The pay is pretty bad but working for Unisys would be the worst @ $16.00 a call which is an outrage. at least at World Wide i get $29.00 (as a part timer) which is fair enough. Sucks that they trashed all you guys... If you want I can see if they would want to hire you as a part timer like me. They prefer to use QSPs (part timers) than contractors most of the time. Your experience would make you instantly qualified Im sure.

Hey Jeff!

Way ahead of ya buddy! The guy who does the part time work here in my area is one of my best friends. I got him a job as a part timer and trained him when I was full time and he still covers this area. I remember Bantec. The two contractors that are bad is Unisys and freegin' smartech! Horrible! Here in WA I was getting 38 a call when I started with Qualxserv and I was covering the area of three techs. 6 months after starting as a part timer they hired me full time....I was making to much money as a part timer. I liked that job. They used to send me all over the country to cover areas where there was tech shortages.

That's really nice of you to offer Jeff. If you have a connection that may get me back in, for sure ask around. Would love to work for them again. Don't put yourself out though.

Don't know what the catch is with that mission. Altitude and TOT shouldn't matter. You should hear them over the radio calling targets at least. I'll PM you my email. Send me that mission!

Some Screens of my next mission, "Train Kepa' Rollin'". Fun setting up those train cars, and then loading them. Still got a lot of placement to do. Train will be in the unloading stage for the done version of the mission. This one is gonna be fun!

Train01.jpg.bb2df8d5cc2b8a4ecb0a821aecf7cd31.jpg

Train02.jpg.425f56ed43ef72e90c883ac07d0b2813.jpg

Train03.jpg.c9029a9bf730861660c5e3ee2e53aa8c.jpg