My warthog extender

Hi Kuky, and this goes for anyone else as well.

I can send the full 200mm (8") extension and you can chop it up with a hacksaw no prolem. Just sand the edges before putting them in the ends.

If you lie, I can do that for you, either way its not a problem but if you get it longer you can sneak up on the length you like.

Kuky, send me a PM and I will get back to you.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should fit the HOTAS Cougar stick also (image comparing HOTAS Cougar and HOTAS Warthog sticks)

technology_174a_017t.jpg

so count me in this production run

Edited by Kuky
typo

No longer active in DCS...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Hopefully most of the sticks ordered will be shipping at the end of the week and then the rest in the first half of next week.

I think these will be my last because the $$ does not cover the frustration in dealing with some people. I hoped that my last post was enough to help people understand that these are made to order in my spare time and I do my best to get them done as fast as I can. If you cannot wait a couple weeks then don't order.

*deleted rant about someone* looks like his order will be taken by someone else.

To the rest of you, I hope you enjoy them when they arrive.

Thanks.

Edited by metalnwood

Best intentions and all but those that were going to go this week didn't..

Good news is that they are all done and everybody that has ordered (except one who ordered a couple days ago) will have one in the post tomorrow along with your tracking numbers emailed.

One thing. It would be good to get feedback from people who have them about how well they are staying on the base.

The design - and the only simple one is that it screws on and when you have screwed it the full amount you tighten it a little. I guess there is the possibility that while playing you end up twisting the stick and have it come undone.

With all the ones I have been making, I havent got around to using one for myself so I dont know!

One change in design and existing people can do it is to get some thin rubber, 1-2mm and make a washer to go inside the bottom adaptor. It will act like a spring washer and resist twisting of the stick.

Anyway, I dont know if it is a problem for anyone but I may see if I can add them to future ones.

• Like 1

I've had no problems with your work on mine. The only issue I've had is 100% my own fault (I left too much extra length on the PS/2 extension and it popped loose once due to the way I had it stuffed in).

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome MnW,

Thanks for sending the tracking number. Mine is in US customs now (has been for 5 days). Can't wait to try it.

09.45 AM 19/04/11 Picked up 05.50 AM 20/04/11 Left New Zealand 07.54 PM 20/04/11 Arrived overseas 07.55 PM 20/04/11 Held for clearance .

Awesome MnW,

Thanks for sending the tracking number. Mine is in US customs now (has been for 5 days). Can't wait to try it.

09.45 AM 19/04/11 Picked up 05.50 AM 20/04/11 Left New Zealand 07.54 PM 20/04/11 Arrived overseas 07.55 PM 20/04/11 Held for clearance .

Actually, it was at the post office today! Yeehaw!

Thanks Jason!

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine today... took 10 working days for them to deliver and I noticed the box was opened at customs, probably looked like a suspicious package to them :D

Anyway, I have to say good job on the extension Jason, but you're right there is a bit of space between stick and extension for me (maybe because I am using on the HOTAS Cougar and Warthog has it different?) but was easily solved by getting a washer type material in between (I used some rubber ring I found in hardware store)

Now I have to get used to the less tension in the stick and much more travel... tried the DCS A-10C and it still felt good but for FC2 did feel a bit weird... I'm thinking now of adding some extra springs to make the stick need more force to move.

Thanks again for your work...

Ordered mine a couple of days ago. Jason is very easy to deal with. :thumbup:

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Well done with this. I want one when/if you do a new batch

+1 for your skillz

You cannot rep this post. Doh, I get you it another thread :)

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This morning I activated DCS Ka-50 again and took it for a quick mission... I have to say the HOTAS Cougar with this extension is really nice for flying the chopper :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

IF any of you guys with the extension want covers let me know and i will make a batch i can do set by 4 to work with the material so 4 would need to be order min

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Any one else 4 will make it easier on me and cheaper for you guys:thumbup: as soon as I can get some pictures and measurements from some one I can do a pattern and make some. They will be avalible with or with out the throttle cover

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

metalnwood Thanks For the heads up i am still looking for a profile picture with a tap net to it some people are all ready ordering them .:thumbup:

I didn't realise they had been made at differing lengths. What I've been after (and don't really have the experience or nous to do it right myself) was the shortest extension possible, barely enough to clear the mini-din sockets to allow for necessary rewiring but at the 15-30 degree angle offset.

I'm not keen on the hacksaw/drill or Target methods of putting rotation into the stick I've seen, and would probably throw away a fair chunk of cash trying to get some custom CNC job done with trying to get the threads and such right.

With the design being used here, how 'low can you go' do you reckon in terms of extension length? Also I'm unsure if this is something you've decided to stop or take a break from.

I still don't have my stick center mounted, as I would need to get this sorted first really. The sooner I can overcome that now the better though.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

I think the determining factor is how you wire them together. Most people have got a ps2 extension cable and used that. You are limited by the length of the connectors.

So, if you take a couple of connectors and put them end to end I think it is longer than you want it to be? plus you have to have some length of wire between them .

I see - I was thinking more like an item (of the correct dimensions) such as this with appropriate wiring done, which wouldn't have occupied a lot of length: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=0776123

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]