menendezdiego

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iPhone002.jpg

Comming soon 2 Mini LCD for the MFD´s

Hi there,

please where can I get thoose nice MFCD's ? I've noticed that theese are used by more ppl. Is it a custom MFCD or it can be bought anywhere?

Edit> ergh, now reading desription I realised it's only prepared for mini LCD. I was just confused to see thoose MFCD's several times here and there...

Edited by Hanzales

CPU: Intel Q9550 @2.83GHz | RAM: 4GB 1066MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 560 Ti | HDD: 1TB SataII | Keyb: Logitech G19 | Mouse: Logitech G9 | Knypl: Logitech G940 | OS: W7HE x64

Hi there,

please where can I get thoose nice MFCD's ? I've noticed that theese are used by more ppl. Is it a custom MFCD or it can be bought anywhere?

Edit> ergh, now reading desription I realised it's only prepared for mini LCD. I was just confused to see thoose MFCD's several times here and there...

You have here the official web: http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=168

and you can buy here or another web:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Replica-Force-Cougar-Flight/dp/B002HH9TRY

---=ONLY ANGELS FLY HIGHER=----[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cuando llegues al final de tu cuerda, haz un nudo y aguanta. Franklin Delano Roosevelt

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. Franklin Delano Roosevelt

:pilotfly::thumbup: Buenos Vuelos-Good flights

Açso try e-bay

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Oh thanks a million! I'm usually sucesfull with searching stuffs but all I googled today was useless :/ Great to know there is no need to build customs. I really like to build things, but time is the biggest problem in my case :/ I will get them as soon as I get TrackIR (is it working with 64bit executable now btw?). Need to save some finances first again :) Thanks again for your tip!

Btw all that setups in this tread looks amazing. Your wifes must be very happy to have such a skillful guy at home ;o)

Here's my humble nothing (yet) with at least something :)

http://i.imgur.com/r24Nx.jpg

EDIT: I will need also two proper sized LCD's and use it with helios, correct?

EDIT2 Not sure what I was thinking during last EDIT question :) Sure I found whole thread and found liliputs can be used :)

Edited by Hanzales

CPU: Intel Q9550 @2.83GHz | RAM: 4GB 1066MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 560 Ti | HDD: 1TB SataII | Keyb: Logitech G19 | Mouse: Logitech G9 | Knypl: Logitech G940 | OS: W7HE x64

• 4 weeks later...
Awesome work everyone. Here's mine, about to get a refresh for A10:

centrestick.jpg

pit0809_overhead.jpg

pit0809_front.jpg

pit0809_headdetail.jpg

for the Black Shark WSC working

Cool setup man.. My old lady keeps trying to eject me and my stuff out to the garage but that's not happening.. lol

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

Kon check out these

http://rogerdodger.net/diyflightsims/floor_unit_f321.html

http://www.obutto.com/flightsim.html

I would caution you against center mounting a stick. It seems these sticks are not designed to be used that way comfortably (your wrist will constantly be torqued to keep your hand square on the stick). Also it increases fatigue because you can't rest your arm. Over time playing with your wrist like that may even lead to serious permanent damage.

In my Obutto, I have my stick center mounted. I rest my arm in my lap. Been flyin' that way for years, still no issues. Just sayin'.

:joystick:

Here's My Setup.

I always thought I was the only one who tried to keep it multi purpose.

Everything is fully attached and fully functional all the time. I always hated switching things out to race and then fly. This way it all works all the time! Shifter for driving is a little bit of a tight squeeze but all in all it this setup works fantastic.

Soon to add two more monitors, hence the extra large back board.

IMG_0814.thumb.JPG.bcfd22cd82f9c299f6d48fced2e1e2bb.JPG

IMG_0813.thumb.JPG.086b10757818173e764b9e8235e56eb6.JPG

IMG_0816.thumb.JPG.3a4ebe3629477d76786bd3dec660c510.JPG

IMG_0815.thumb.JPG.0c93658386990629f2cb2044a2d411f7.JPG

IMG_0819.thumb.JPG.2f85656b7a9a85902e6f77b27707ffcc.JPG

Oh my god what have i done to my self:joystick:

[quoteQuote:

Originally Posted by ZQuickSilverZ viewpost.gif

Kon check out these

http://rogerdodger.net/diyflightsims...unit_f321.html

http://www.obutto.com/flightsim.html

I would caution you against center mounting a stick. It seems these sticks are not designed to be used that way comfortably (your wrist will constantly be torqued to keep your hand square on the stick). Also it increases fatigue because you can't rest your arm. Over time playing with your wrist like that may even lead to serious permanent damage.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

@ WRFirefox. What did you use for screens behind your MFD's?

I want to try to stay away from using one bigger screen so I can leave my steering wheel in place. Well what i really want to do is build a second pit for racing, but dont have a second computer with enough horsepower yet to make that happen.

Edited by Bad-Mo-Fo

Hey

This is my old set up looking to do a new one similar to this for a 32" LCD TV...

hpim1169q.jpg

:pilotfly::joystick::thumbup:

Well, just received my " Obutto " and finished putting it together..nice ... but will take a bit of getting use to it...one small problem is my Saitek pedals don't fit inside the front panel area..damn .. some major adjustments to be sorted out...once I have all in place will post some pic's..my playseat I gave to a friend who's I just got hooked on flight sim's thats all he talks about now...LOL what was I thinking...LOL :doh:

Edited @ 1:12pm

Ooops! Just tried fitting my pedal's and now they fit but barely...have to now make a make shift board to hold it in place no movement...

Edited by Bearitall

Hi Folks,

Here's my set-up. I finally found the screens I was looking for. This was the step I wanted to achieve i.e. put those screens behind my TM Cougar MFDs. These are Lilliput UM-80/C/T 8" Touch Screen Monitors

(see : http://www.lilliputuk.com/monitors/usb/um80/)

I've ordered them last tuesday afternoon from Amazon.fr and they arrived this morning today. Wow !!

I went for those USB monitors following the input made by WRFirefox (recalled few posts above). Apparently, an USB monitor with an integrated GPU is really worth trying. I tried it with the monitors above mentioned and I don't regret it at all, allthough their price might be frightening. I would have prefered to go for a cheaper deal but wasn't able to find one. I wanted 8" displays and the Lilliputs are definetly great. Cougar MFDs could be easily stuck on them thanks to Velcro stripes and making the .lua file was much much easier than I could ever think of, thanks to this wonderfull thread :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60815

Less than 2 hours after I received them, I was already able to display something decent. I would say that I haven't noticed so far a big inpact on my FPS, which remains almost unchanged to roughly 50-60 fps depending on the mission.

Sorry for the bad quality of the images. I took them with my cell phone. Better ones will come, especially after I have dressed something up around the MFDs.

I hope it will help those who haven't decided yet wich way to go. Nevertheless, whatever the way you choose, you'll never get lost here.

One last word. I don't know where all of this will lead me and how far I will go. For sure, I found many answers here thanks to the great contributions of many great members. I also feel that ED made me recover some of my teenage excitement for this amazing world of modern war jets ;)

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Photo0296.thumb.jpg.540e5c0ce2013d6f7bcc3d2373d97868.jpg

Photo0299.thumb.jpg.2e015a4c99705912914a95a8fc572616.jpg

Photo0272.thumb.jpg.f1df152daf4709b6e3f97215d5690e14.jpg

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

Hi Folks,

Here's my set-up. I finally found the screens I was looking for. This was the step I wanted to achieve i.e. put those screens behind my TM Cougar MFDs. These are Lilliput UM-80/C/T 8" Touch Screen Monitors

(see : http://www.lilliputuk.com/monitors/usb/um80/)

I've ordered them last tuesday afternoon from Amazon.fr and they arrived this morning today. Wow !!

I went for those USB monitors following the input made by WRFirefox (recalled few posts above). Apparently, an USB monitor with an integrated GPU is really worth trying. I tried it with the monitors above mentioned and I don't regret it at all, allthough their price might be frightening. I would have prefered to go for a cheaper deal but wasn't able to find one. I wanted 8" displays and the Lilliputs are definetly great. Cougar MFDs could be easily stuck on them thanks to Velcro stripes and making the .lua file was much much easier than I could ever think of, thanks to this wonderfull thread :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60815

Less than 2 hours after I received them, I was already able to display something decent. I would say that I haven't noticed so far a big inpact on my FPS, which remains almost unchanged to roughly 50-60 fps depending on the mission.

Sorry for the bad quality of the images. I took them with my cell phone. Better ones will come, especially after I have dressed something up around the MFDs.

I hope it will help those who haven't decided yet wich way to go. Nevertheless, whatever the way you choose, you'll never get lost here.

One last word. I don't know where all of this will lead me and how far I will go. For sure, I found many answers here thanks to the great contributions of many great members. I also feel that ED made me recover some of my teenage excitement for this amazing world of modern war jets ;)

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Thank you for posting this.. you gave me some really good ideas for my build. an idea i have is possibly use tow of these for the mfcds like you did then customize my helios profile for all the other front console gauges. That way i can resize and position the gauges for a more realistic feel...

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

A small but significant start on my hardware side.

Taking what i have at the moment, it has a functional throttle but not connected. Will also redo the base + the inner workings that is iron (waay to heavy) once i get all the wiring and bodnar card that i need in the mail. It will get me flying for now tho.

I'm thinking of going for a snap on handle for the collective so i can change between a bell 206 and Blackshark

img3403s.th.jpg

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Evolution of my pits

Hey;

Well, I first started with a desktop setup...

mysetuplc4.jpg

Now here is my first made pit...which was better suited for flying...

hpim1169q.jpg

Then got my 42" LCD TV and tried this...but didn't work out too well..

hpim1179e.jpg

Now I just received my Obutto on Friday Sept.2/11 and now just finished setting it all up

obutto1.jpg

obutto2.jpg

And managed to get my Saitek Rudder Pedals to fit and work freely

obutto3.jpg

Now if only I could get " Flim's " front panel to somehow fit in...be great...:thumbup:

No disappointments with the Obutto..still need to get the Throttle/Joystick attachments then really good to go..

Oh as for my Playseat...I gave it to a friend whom I managed to get hooked on Flight Sims...LOL...

Edited by Bearitall

No, cause I can't see a HOTAS or anything related to flying. All I see is a bunch of fake guns :D, trying to impress us? Big guns means lacking in other areas.....

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

No, cause I can't see a HOTAS or anything related to flying. All I see is a bunch of fake guns :D, trying to impress us? Big guns means lacking in other areas.....

Lol I just found that pic on the internet. But damn would that be a nice setup. Mine consists of 3 monitors (one a 42 inch lcd tv) with an x65.