DRAGONs TRAININGPACK

[ATTACH]94318[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]94319[/ATTACH]

Thank you for your kind offer to fix these. I looked at them in the editor but don't have the know how of what is needed to fix them.

Thanks again!

Give it a go, I had a quick look last night. It may still need some adjustments, as it was just before I went to sleep.

DRAGONs_JTAC_Training_v1.2.7.miz

DRAGONs_JTAC_Training_Night_v1.2.7.miz

Edited by m9matt

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragons Training pack

Hi m9matt I can understand Dragons situation as I have been there under other situations. I hope him the best. I too thank you for taking some time to look at these radios as even on Hoggit Tuesday night we were flying these missions. The missions are great for training and I for one think there was a lot of work and insight put into developing them by Dragon and therefore feel they still provide a great training environment for us noobs. I tried out the two missions under version 1.2.7 last night that you posted and I was still unable to contact the local tower of Kolki. Again we appreciate the time you might contribute in fixing these problems for us

Give it a go, I had a quick look last night. It may still need some adjustments, as it was just before I went to sleep.

Thank you for your effort.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong because I still did not receive any radio response from JTAC on any of the assigned frequencies for either the day or night missions. I tried all the difficulty levels to test and see if it might work on the other radio frequencies but no joy.

Also, there are no responses from the tower regarding taxi and take off clearance.

It is possible that I may be missing something here. I'm new to this game and just learning the A10C, but aside from turning on the radios and setting the FM and AM freqs, I don't know what else to do.

I would work on this if I had a clue what is required. I've looked into the editor but cannot discern how the radios are set up, or what I need to do to get them operational.

Is this a relatively simple fix that you could briefly explain so that I might be more informed when looking at the editior?

Thank you, and sorry it didn't work for me despite your efforts.

Thank you for your effort.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong because I still did not receive any radio response from JTAC on any of the assigned frequencies for either the day or night missions. I tried all the difficulty levels to test and see if it might work on the other radio frequencies but no joy.

Also, there are no responses from the tower regarding taxi and take off clearance.

It is possible that I may be missing something here. I'm new to this game and just learning the A10C, but aside from turning on the radios and setting the FM and AM freqs, I don't know what else to do.

I would work on this if I had a clue what is required. I've looked into the editor but cannot discern how the radios are set up, or what I need to do to get them operational.

Is this a relatively simple fix that you could briefly explain so that I might be more informed when looking at the editior?

Thank you, and sorry it didn't work for me despite your efforts.

Have you tied the correct radio button ? Some players have a hotas and the FM and AM radio buttons are mapped. FM radio button is LShift + Num - and AM radio button is LAlt + Num +. Check the frequency, tune and use the correct radio. The Ground JTACs are using FM and the Air JTACs are using AM.

Hopefully you will have a response, and best to follow and respond to JTAC all the way through, or you may get the ABORT, ABORT, ABORT, you do not have permission. As for the Tower frequency, I will have to have a look over the weekend, but it may be a bug.

Good luck :)

Have you tied the correct radio button ? Some players have a hotas and the FM and AM radio buttons are mapped. FM radio button is LShift + Num - and AM radio button is LAlt + Num +. Check the frequency, tune and use the correct radio. The Ground JTACs are using FM and the Air JTACs are using AM.

Hopefully you will have a response, and best to follow and respond to JTAC all the way through, or you may get the ABORT, ABORT, ABORT, you do not have permission. As for the Tower frequency, I will have to have a look over the weekend, but it may be a bug.

Good luck :)

I initially only used the backslash key to bring up the menu, but just now did a test using the Lshift plus Num minus to bring up the menu but had no luck with that either. I get a radio menu, and am able to broadcast my request, but I do not receive a reply.

For some reason the Lshift + NUM + key doesn't bring up an AM radio menu.

I initially only used the backslash key to bring up the menu, but just now did a test using the Lshift plus Num minus to bring up the menu but had no luck with that either. I get a radio menu, and am able to broadcast my request, but I do not receive a reply.

For some reason the Lshift + NUM + key doesn't bring up an AM radio menu.

Have a look under your controls in options in the single player. See what it is mapped as.

Have a look under your controls in options in the single player. See what it is mapped as.

I've checked the mapping and it's as it's suppose to be. And I've looked for other conflicts but still no joy.

I did have success contacting JTAC in one of the Campaign mission but still no luck with Dragon's training mission.

Thank you for your help

Thanks again for your help.

All works as it is suppose to.

My problem was incorrect radio settings. I failed to have my radio switches in the correct position.

Also the option "Easy radio" can influence at this. Be sure to always set it to OFF (realistic).

@ tintifaxl: danke

@ m9matt: Thx for keeping the missions up to date. Maybe you are brave enough to take a look at the MISSIONPACK. :music_whistling:

If you have questions feel free to ask... but please apologise when my answer takes some time. :)

I'm not in the forum every day.

Edited by =STP= Dragon

Also the option "Easy radio" can influence at this. Be sure to always set it to OFF (realistic).

@ tintifaxl: danke

@ m9matt: Thx for keeping the missions up to date. Maybe you are brave enough to take a look at the MISSIONPACK. :music_whistling:

If you have questions feel free to ask... but please apologise when my answer takes some time. :)

I'm not in the forum every day.

Hi Dragon, congrats on the addition to your life, if your son keeps you up late, maybe you could get some flying done at the same time.

I've had a brief look at your Missions, and they are complex. A lot of time and effort has gone into them.

Thank you all for the nice response for the missions. :love:

@ Trooper: When you add new aircrafts to the missions without adding them to the triggers, no trigger gets activated and most missions will not work.

For the Training missions (without client based triggers) will it work but not for the complex missions.

@ ENO: Now it's your turn to keep DCS multiplayer alive.

I hope ED will learn that they have to keep the multiplayer community busy with new missions. Else DCS will die sooner or later.

Edited by =STP= Dragon

Better don't do it like that. It is very buggy if more than one client is on the same JTAC.

OK, I got the JTAC's fixed up at the "Easy" waypoint, except the radio menu has them as Pointer 1--, it's still difficult to discern which one I'm calling up. Where in the Mission Editor can I edit that so radio menu reads Pointer-1, Pointer-2, Pointer 3 with radio freq's 31 MHz, 32MHz, 33MHz respectively?? I think I can fix this up for 127 w/ Eno's help......

• 1 month later...

Hey Dragon could you adjust the tanker speed to more realistic levels? At the moment both tankers in the weapon training map fly below 200KIAS (250GS). I adjusted it to 280GS for the Tanker at 15000ft and 289GS for the one at 17000ft which is about 220KIAS. It feels much better, especially if you have heavy loadout

Edited by Derbysieger

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

You made them fly even faster? Sometimes I was not able to catch up on them with the speed I set to them...

Well, you did your change. I don't work on this missionpack anymore. Sorry. :)

Thanks for letting me know ;)

Yes, I made them fly faster (220KIAS). I feel it's a little bit easier to refuel at that speed. I have no problems getting to about 240-250KIAS at 17000ft with ~2000lbs of fuel left and a loadout of 2 Sidewinders, TGP, ALQ, 2 Mavs and 4 500lbs bombs, so an intercept isn't really a problem.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...
Congratulations on your new wingman, Dragon!

Thanks Harzach,

just a little photomontage from my side here.

May I introduce... my little son "Lars" (6 months):

attachment.php?attachmentid=98408&d=1400650129

Pilot_Lars.thumb.png.7ee47a98029347e04db5dd678b154126.png