iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)

iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)  

222 members have voted

1. 1. iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)

• Hell yeah!
    • Nah, TouchIR stuff is good enough

There's an issue when Helios and iControl DCS are enabled at the same time. It's my fault and I need to fix it in the server. Can you open a ticket at http://support.bit-shift.com and I'll make sure that the fix works for you as well as someone else who had the problem before I release a new version of the server?

Thanks!

done

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the full iPad iControl DCS running on my iPad and it works realy well. I was wondering if it is possible to provide software that would do exactly the same thing but instead of the information going to my iPad I want it to go to my Laptop.

I know there are software packages out there that will do similar kinds of things but whats nice about the iControl App is that its idiot proof (well almost) and I would really like to have all of this on a larger screen such as my laptop instead of my iPad. I don't want to get into modifying files and installing complex software just to make this happen.

BTW, the iControl App is excellent. Keep up the good work.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

I have the full iPad iControl DCS running on my iPad and it works realy well. I was wondering if it is possible to provide software that would do exactly the same thing but instead of the information going to my iPad I want it to go to my Laptop.

I know there are software packages out there that will do similar kinds of things but whats nice about the iControl App is that its idiot proof (well almost) and I would really like to have all of this on a larger screen such as my laptop instead of my iPad. I don't want to get into modifying files and installing complex software just to make this happen.

Maybe there will be an app for that? *hope*

I would be interested in having icontrol for my macbook pro. It should not be so hard to transfer from Ipad to Mac...

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

I'm toying with the idea of a Windows 8 application. I'm very busy with my day job lately, so I don't have much time to work on it. Here's a really, really early proof of concept from ... a long time ago

http://twitpic.com/aqaa0n

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Hi boarder,

I bought your app the past week for my ipad and works fine, even achieved to export the mfd's and cdu to a virtual monitor on windows 8 and everything is perfect to me at this moment .

Hope the updates of your app continues to make it even better, and wait for a bs2 version.

Keep the good work mate

Radio, Tacan and ILS dials not working

I submitted a help ticket but thought that I would post my problem here also.

I have Icontrol working nicely and love the MFDs. However, I am having a problem with the varies dials for the radios, Tacan and ILS. I cannot seem to get them to change settings and no numbers appear in the radio, Tacan and ILS displays in Icontrol.

It is probably something that I am not doing right, but I don't know what to do next. I have updated the scripts and everything is installed properly.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I submitted a help ticket but thought that I would post my problem here also.

I have Icontrol working nicely and love the MFDs. However, I am having a problem with the varies dials for the radios, Tacan and ILS. I cannot seem to get them to change settings and no numbers appear in the radio, Tacan and ILS displays in Icontrol.

It is probably something that I am not doing right, but I don't know what to do next. I have updated the scripts and everything is installed properly.

I check this in my ipad and have the same problem :doh:, in my case the numbers appear in the radios ( because it I don't notice the problem until I read your post ) but if I try to manage the radio panel in the ipad, nothing happen on ipad and on the computer. Otherwise I can manage the radios from the pit, but the changes don't appear in the ipad.

If you get a solution share it here please. :thumbup:

Can somebody confirm if server util works with 1.2.3 patch?

Regarding frequencies unable to change, could we get some info from developer - Could you please fix the app so we can change freqs? Boarder, what do you say?

Edited by hreich
Nicer post

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I informed him already.

Hope this will be fixed soon, I feel strange on the A-10 without the touch control :joystick:

You can fix it. See above!

• Like 1

boarder2

Yes the fix works. If you are going to modify your program, please let us know if we have to unfix the fix.

Also, I had asked a question above about the dials on the radio, tacan and ILS not working.

sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

There is a new version of A-10 VC Server for DCS World v1.2.3 available on the site.

For those of you who manually edited files - just make sure that in your Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua if there's a dofile line for A-10 VC, delete it before you run the script updates within A-10 VC Server.

If you have any issues, open a ticket at http://support.bit-shift.com

Enjoy, and Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Also, I had asked a question above about the dials on the radio, tacan and ILS not working.

sobe

If you're playing multiplayer, the server needs to enable scripting. Otherwise, open a support ticket and we'll get it sorted out.

There is a new version of A-10 VC Server for DCS World v1.2.3 available on the site.

Will this also work with the previous version of DCS World/A-10C v1.2.2.7570 as well?

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Will this also work with the previous version of DCS World/A-10C v1.2.2.7570 as well?

No, it will only work with 1.2.3.

PROBLEM AFTER YOUR UPDATE

BOARDERS2

I created a help ticket with the following informatin:

When 1.23 came out, I applied the following fix and everything worked:

Configure DCS World 1.2.3.9871

DCS World needs to have the following two directories created (standard installation path quoted below):

Export in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config

Scripts in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Additionally you have to copy/ create two files in the newly created: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export

Copy Export.lua from (a new empty file will probably also work): C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts

Create a new (empty) file called Config.lua (that would normally contain this statement: EnableExportScript = true, but is now handled in network.cfg see post #5 by c0ff below)

I GOT RID OF THE NEW FOLDERS AND APPLIED YOUR UPDATE. NOW THE BUTTONS AND SWITCHES DO NOT WORK.

• 2 weeks later...