Broke my Track clip pro

They did state not long ago that the Track Clips were now made out of a different type of plastic and should be more robust.

Did they also mention how many of the old ones are still in the warehouse (or in the hands of distributors)? I have three currently (one broken), but I would consider another if it were actually sturdy.

I just ordered this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DelanClip-Motion-Tracking-FaceTrackNoIR-Free-track-compatibile-with-TrackIR-/231067557154?pt=UK_Motion_Sensors_Cameras&hash=item35ccb31d22

Now to see how well it adapts to my headgear.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah, I'm about to buy the DelanClip myself. Metal, simple construction, plug and play. Only thing is once you mount it with those zip-ties it's a permanent part of your headset. I may mess with ways to attach-detach it.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Yeah, I'm about to buy the DelanClip myself. Metal, simple construction, plug and play. Only thing is once you mount it with those zip-ties it's a permanent part of your headset. I may mess with ways to attach-detach it.

Agreed. The attachment system bothers me but I figure a solution will arise. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah I was thinking about using nice, strong magnets. That or I may just end up integrating the power of the DelanClip into my Logitech headset and mounting it permanently with the zip-ties.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Did they not replace for free? The did for me:thumbup:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Small cable ties provide a much cleaner look than duct tape. Plus if you need to take it back off it's much easier and you don't have to try cleaning off the tape residue.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Small cable ties provide a much cleaner look than duct tape. Plus if you need to take it back off it's much easier and you don't have to try cleaning off the tape residue.

...and I do happen to have a very large supply of cable ties! ;)

Even with the Track Clip Pro, I have found it to be somewhat of an issue to move it to another headset anyway. Once it has been clipped to something for a while, the foam rubber has form fitted itself and won't clip to anything smaller. That is how I ended up with two in the first place.

Edited by cichlidfan

• 7 months later...

A much better fix

I've found a miles better fix for this. You should look up Polymorph or Coolmorph on ebay. It's basically some plastic pellets that can be moulded and remoulded together by putting them in 60 degrees C water. Mine was just a quick job and it's solid but I'm sure you can do better

20140609_121559.thumb.jpg.e0ebd782c71fb2c4a7047513fbf35500.jpg

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Ugh. Trackir is junk, their software is junk. Look at the other products they sell: all garbage. They've sold that same lousy clip for 10 years now and they're too cheap to improve it. Make a comfortable 3 point setup using IR led's and a baseball cap, and be done with that lousy clip. Use Freetrack Or facetracknoir freeware. The improvement is astonishing. You'll never ever think about lousy TrackIR again.

• 5 months later...

Silly question, but how exactly are you duck taping it? Both the little prongs that hold the Pro clip in place broke last night. So only the cables are holding the clip to the arm and its flopping loose. Are you duct taping just the clip onto the arm or the whole clip an arm to your headsets?

Get some of this works a treat you will also find many more uses for it http://sugru.com/

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

• 5 months later...
Are there any cheap £20 approx alternatives in can buy? I see one's on ebay from China, but that's gonna take a while.

http://www.delanengineering.com/shop/

you broke your clip pro?? how about breaking the camera holder itself!

Tape is your friend.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

When my TrackIR started to fail (broken wires or failure of the LED's) I took the whole damn thing apart. I only reused the plastic case, took some 3mm IR LED's I had laying arround, some wire, a resistor, some paracord (for the sleeve) and made a nice looking TrackClip Pro.

But I removed the Headset clamp, because it didnt fit my new Beyerdynamics DT-880 Headphones. Instead I used cable ties to fix the TrackClip to my removable ModMic 4.

Its great. I can remove the Trackclip when its not in use. Its durable, since one of the most fragile parts was just cut away.

20150427_184403.jpg

20150427_184417.jpg

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

I've broken both hinges on my pro clip; I just super glued the second one yesterday. It's now one solid piece basically. I've been fortunate not to have to screw with the wires, but really it is a total piece of junk. One day the actual clip will probably break and I'll have to do something else to Frankenstein it. But given that I'm convinced a second purchase will result in a second broken pro clip I will not be buying one unless there is absolutely nothing left to salvage.

Edited by xaoslaad