[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

icemaker

Hi guys

I am a noob in DCS, that is for start.

I like it very much and I am trying to set the A-10C cockpit to show nicely on dual monitor setup.

I have 2 monitors: 24" 1920x1080 on top and 22" 1680x1050 below.

Also I have Thrustmaster Coguar MFD pack.

I want to use the 22" monitor to display

• both MFCDs
  • engine and APU gauges
  • RWR
  • Air Speed Indicator
  • ADI
  • HSI

I did success with showing MFCDs on the bottom display. Did that by just extending monitors, changing resolution and creating my custom .lua file in "DCSWorld\Config\MonitorSetup" folder.

I did this according to pdf from http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/214771/

Oh, by the way, I have Steam version, and it is v.1.5.2.49392.

So, I think I am in a correct thread of the correct forum... And I tried to read it, and I honestly ended up with sleeping on my keyboard.... since it is 55 pages + evening :cry:

And somehow I see that the thread started a long time ago. Many posts speak about folders and files that I don't even have in my DCS directory.

Guys... can anyone give me a hand with this? :helpsmilie:

Gauges are not setup this way. Only displays..

Search for Helios for the Gauges setup.

Cheers!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, a quick question about in game Text, chat and radio directives. Is there a way to move those windows to another location (in my case second monitor) as you would do for MFCDs etc.. ???

thanks in advance for any help.

HB

Funny.... I was just looking into that yesterday.

So far, all I could find was how to move the radio menu further left. Here is how I did that:

1. Open this lua file: C:\My Programs\DCS World\JSGME MODS\+Move Radio Menu\Scripts\UI\RadioCommandDialogPanel\CommandMenu.lua
  2. Change line #60 like this: menuWidth = 1915

Also, there are 2 menu mods in the DCS User Downloads. (search for Radio) I don't believe they will work anymore. But I was looking at what files they changed to try and figure this out. One of them changed some files that end in '.res', but I could not find those anymore. I think they may have moved the dialog text on the screen at one time..

I did read PeterP's comments about his clickable mod, and he said he could find no way to move the menus off of the game's screen area yet. So, that may not be do-able.

But if you figure out how to move the chat and dialogs, please post your findings..

I hate having to look far right for game dialogs.. I quite often just miss them. And the game's training text is the same way. And of course the chat is just as bad off to the left! :joystick:

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I gave up after 3 hours yesterday.. But I think the Mission dialog text might be in the MissionEditor dialogs folder.. No idea about the chat..

• 2 months later...

Hello guys. I recently had to reinstall everything and now am having a bit of a problem getting my touchscreen to connect to the A10C game using Helios. I had it all working before, but now I seem to be missing something.

Essentially, I managed to get the gauges to display properly using the Capt Loz profile. I created a monitor lua that exports all the game data correctly positioned on my touchscreen. My touchscreen is calibrated so that it operates properly -- accepting and responding to touch and mouse inputs OUTSIDE the game environment. I can run the Helios Control Center independently of the game and the touchscreen will enable me to flick switches via touch or mouse. However, when I start the game, the various button or mouseclicks entered on the touchscreen aren't being recognized by the game.

I downloaded the various indicator .init.lua files that were posted from PeterP a few years back. The Export.lua is the most recent one from CaptZeen's site and stored it at this location:

C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

I made no modifications to it.

In the past, I had followed PeterP's recommendation to modify the last code block of ViewportHandling.lua, but in later DCS A10C versions, I found it wasn't needed. I tried it both unmodified and modified this time, but still no joy. The viewport handling software just isn't handling my input. Can someone please help me out with this?

Edited by bigbear

=====================================

Intel I7-6700 32GB RAM, Krait Z170A, NVIDIA RTX 2080ti 11GB, TrackIR5, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG pedals, Samsung CRG9 49" monitor, HP Reverb VR, 500GB SSD.

A friend I have been helping with Helios had a problem where Windows had changed his desktop icon size to 125%,which caused his touches to miss the switches. But it only seemed to effect Helios. MS Paint would touch just fine.. As would other apps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hi!

Have you links your New dcs installation in thé helios config ?

Envoyé de mon SM-T800 en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi Hellflyer,

Thank you for replying, but I don't understand what you are saying.

Intel I7-6700 32GB RAM, Krait Z170A, NVIDIA RTX 2080ti 11GB, TrackIR5, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG pedals, Samsung CRG9 49" monitor, HP Reverb VR, 500GB SSD.

Hi guys,

Last week I posted a message asking for help configuring everything so that I could get Helios working again.

I looked through previous postings and downloaded the export_display folder that RightStuff provided on this thread where he has examples of his init files. I copied those init.lua files to the proper locations using his batch file (which I modified to work for my configuration). The result was that NONE of my instruments were displayed on my Helios touchscreen, so I replaced my init files to what I had before.

This is all so frustrating! I also saw his posting suggesting that all you now have to do is add these line to the init files:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

try_find_assigned_viewport("your viewport name")

So, for the CMSP_init.lua, I have this:

try_find_assigned_viewport("ED_A10C_CMSP")

...where ED_A10C_CMSP is the name of my viewport for the CMSP that matches what I have in my monitor setup file.

Well, that didn't work either.

So, now I am stuck. My viewports are exporting properly from the game to my touchscreen, but nothing I enter into the touchscreen by touch or mouse is being recognized by the game itself.

As someone else mentioned, what we badly need is a detailed step-by-step guide to getting Helios to work similar to what PeterP provided some years back. I would like to put this together myself and post it here, building upon what others have done, but I am just stuck at this final point in my setup. If anyone knows of a resource that provides such a guide to getting this configured, please let me know. I know I am missing one little piece of info to make all working again, but after endless hours, I just can't figure it out.

Its been to many years for me since I setup Helios, I don't recall all the details. The only help I can offer you is to send you copies of any files you request so you can view what is working for me. PM me with requests

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Helios Editor problem 4 monitors installation

Hi everybody,

I am a beginner in Helios, while long time with DCS team. I have problem with installation of my fourth touch screen monitor Prolite T2252MTS - 1920x1080, as a origin tree monitors Benq XL2420T, 1920x108 installed on DCS, and work perfectly. I followed CapLoz, AND DerekM instructions being trying to install profile Loz SM v2.1 for A10C.

My actions:

- Configured 4 monitors in one line in Windows 10;

- Installed Helios editor, and Helios Control center;

- Install a Helios Profile (Loz SM v2.1) into D:\Users\YourName\Documents\Helios\Profiles

- The images copied to the folder: users\YourName\Documents\Helios\Images

- Started Helios Editor, four my monitors uppeared in Preview tab;

- Opened Loz SM V2.1 profile;

- did Reset Monitor

- Started Helios Control Panel, and push START, immediately note appeared "" Can not display this profile basause invalid, Please open editor and select reset monitor"" ,

I did it several times, without RESULT.

Does anybody have experience with 4monitors configuration in Helios ???

Please help with with this issue.

Thank in advance

P.S. Already spent one week without any success {SEE ATTACHED PHOTOS}

KIVI

:doh:http://forums.eagle.ru/images/smilies/doh.gif

Notes.PNG.13e807ddfededfdd0dd670379c776289.PNG

167047187_PreviewTab.PNG.4111030078b95c0b86cca11dc71ea6c5.PNG

Windows 10/64 | Intel® i7-3930K CPU 3.20Hz | 64GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz DDR3| 2x GTX980 TI w/c | 3x BenQ XL2420T, 1920x1080 |1x IIYma T2252MTS 1920x1080 Multy Touch|TrackIR5 | TM HOTAS | Saitec Rudder Pedals |

Hi guys,

Last week I posted a message asking for help configuring everything so that I could get Helios working again.

I looked through previous postings and downloaded the export_display folder that RightStuff provided on this thread where he has examples of his init files. I copied those init.lua files to the proper locations using his batch file (which I modified to work for my configuration). The result was that NONE of my instruments were displayed on my Helios touchscreen, so I replaced my init files to what I had before.

This is all so frustrating! I also saw his posting suggesting that all you now have to do is add these line to the init files:

try_find_assigned_viewport("your viewport name")

So, for the CMSP_init.lua, I have this:

try_find_assigned_viewport("ED_A10C_CMSP")

...where ED_A10C_CMSP is the name of my viewport for the CMSP that matches what I have in my monitor setup file.

Well, that didn't work either.

So, now I am stuck. My viewports are exporting properly from the game to my touchscreen, but nothing I enter into the touchscreen by touch or mouse is being recognized by the game itself.

As someone else mentioned, what we badly need is a detailed step-by-step guide to getting Helios to work similar to what PeterP provided some years back. I would like to put this together myself and post it here, building upon what others have done, but I am just stuck at this final point in my setup. If anyone knows of a resource that provides such a guide to getting this configured, please let me know. I know I am missing one little piece of info to make all working again, but after endless hours, I just can't figure it out.

I'd be glad to try and help you get this working. I don't use RightStuff or Icemaker's stuff. And yes, with everybody doing their own kind of thing to get this working it actually makes it harder to help someone.

I started with PeterP's viewports mod a few years ago, and I think that was partially broken with v1.5. But it has been fixed recently, and I am using that, plus my own MonitorSetup lua file.

If you use JSGME, and can undo any other stuff you have for this, you can try my Export(viewport) jsgme mod, and MonitorSetup LUA file here. Or at the very least you can look through this and use some of my files. Or do a compare to your files to see what's different. (I use a Plugin for Notepad++ for easy file compares).

As far as Helios not recognizing your touches... Do the switches and buttons move, but the game does not respond to them? Have you checked that your profile is setup for the correct interface? What profile is it? If it's an A10c profile for instance, it should be using the A10c Interface from the File menu in the Helios Editor. That Interface window is a bit screwy, because I think the only way to know if it is using the A10c Interface is if that interface is not in the list. Another way to check is to start a New Helios profile and click on Add Interface and one the A10c Interface. A window/tab appears to edit that interface information. It should already have the correct path to your DCS World game folder. If not, fix it and try your profile again..

Hi everybody,

I am a beginner in Helios, while long time with DCS team. I have problem with installation of my fourth touch screen monitor Prolite T2252MTS - 1920x1080, as a origin tree monitors Benq XL2420T, 1920x108 installed on DCS, and work perfectly. I followed CapLoz, AND DerekM instructions being trying to install profile Loz SM v2.1 for A10C.

My actions:

- Configured 4 monitors in one line in Windows 10;

- Installed Helios editor, and Helios Control center;

- Install a Helios Profile (Loz SM v2.1) into D:\Users\YourName\Documents\Helios\Profiles

- The images copied to the folder: users\YourName\Documents\Helios\Images

- Started Helios Editor, four my monitors uppeared in Preview tab;

- Opened Loz SM V2.1 profile;

- did Reset Monitor

- Started Helios Control Panel, and push START, immediately note appeared "" Can not display this profile basause invalid, Please open editor and select reset monitor"" ,

I did it several times, without RESULT.

Does anybody have experience with 4monitors configuration in Helios ???

Please help with with this issue.

Thank in advance

P.S. Already spent one week without any success {SEE ATTACHED PHOTOS}

KIVI

:doh:http://forums.eagle.ru/images/smilies/doh.gif

I have had problems once in a while with that Reset Monitor thing. I had to reboot and reset a few times. Did you try check that 'Scale' checkbox when you Reset Monitors? Also, when you Reset Monitors, does it look like it worked? Does it look like it is moved to the monitor that you want? You can try and press Ctrl+A to select all of the things in the profile and then resize them a little and see if that helps?

I would also start from an original file if you have problems and have saved the profile. If you still have the original download, or download it again and start with the original profile files.

Helios Editor problem 4 monitors installation

I have had problems once in a while with that Reset Monitor thing. I had to reboot and reset a few times. Did you try check that 'Scale' checkbox when you Reset Monitors? Also, when you Reset Monitors, does it look like it worked? Does it look like it is moved to the monitor that you want? You can try and press Ctrl+A to select all of the things in the profile and then resize them a little and see if that helps?

I would also start from an original file if you have problems and have saved the profile. If you still have the original download, or download it again and start with the original profile files.

Hi Snacko,

Thank you for quick reply, unfortunatelly I could nor fix the problem followed your advises.

I did as follows;

- Rebooted, and reset several times, meanwhile the Scale window with cockpit looks Ok, I can zoom it;

- Started Editor several time with original profile file;

The problem I found - Editor does not recognize the right sequence of monitors, please see attached photos.

- original profile image IMG_0253, 0254

- reset monitor window IMG_0255

- preview window after reset, configurated monitor no.2, while the touch screen monitor no.1

I read some advise from forum, guys not recommend to set up touch monitor as a default, but when I tryed to do that, touch reflect action on default one. In my case touch is default.

Thank you

Best regards

KIVI

IMG_0253.JPG.9e1210989b0f74fb708d69243d4646d5.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG.bb2e1946f4775bd2814b2b3a03c2d773.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG.9771bd9e2703ba3bcd3e156c621f1090.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG.2a1f6c22b9086c1a5ac581e812406a5e.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG.16eb28b15849cf01992093b0dc938523.JPG

Windows 10/64 | Intel® i7-3930K CPU 3.20Hz | 64GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz DDR3| 2x GTX980 TI w/c | 3x BenQ XL2420T, 1920x1080 |1x IIYma T2252MTS 1920x1080 Multy Touch|TrackIR5 | TM HOTAS | Saitec Rudder Pedals |

Are you running your 3 matching monitors in nVidia Surround as 1 large monitor? I have the same setup and always run my 3 monitors as 1 monitor.

If you are changing to use nVidia Surround 'after' you have done the Reset Monitors, it won't work because Helios will think you have 4 monitors, but now you have 2 within Windows.

I have not heard not to setup Touch as Primary monitor. My primary is my Surround, not my touchscreen.

"dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."Viewpor tHandling.lua")

try_find_assigned_viewport("ED_A10C_CMSP")"

Remove the space in ViewportHandling.lua

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hi Snacko,

Good point, about 3 matching monitors in nVidia Surround as 1 large monitor. I tried to do this, but nVidia can not identify 4th monitor (touch), as soon as I put surround for three monitors, in my case.

You are right, it seems to me, I have some problem with monitors configuration.

Would you give any idea, why 4th monitor is not recogniseble?

thanks

Best regards

KIVI

Snacko,

I saw your photo attached. Did you connect three monitors to one video card, and touch one to another video card ?

Best regards

KIVI

I think you might need to check the multiple monitor page in Nvidia after you turn on Surround to make sure that the touch monitor is enabled as part of the desktop. Or look in Windows desktop display properties..

Yes, I have all 4 connected to one card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Are you running your 3 matching monitors in nVidia Surround as 1 large monitor? I have the same setup and always run my 3 monitors as 1 monitor.

If you are changing to use nVidia Surround 'after' you have done the Reset Monitors, it won't work because Helios will think you have 4 monitors, but now you have 2 within Windows.

I have not heard not to setup Touch as Primary monitor. My primary is my Surround, not my touchscreen.

Snacko,

Thank you, will come back from business trip, and continue the exercise.

Meanwhile, please advise, what ports did you use to connect monitors?

Best regards

KIVI

I don't know which ports that I used. If they work it doesn't really matter.