[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

icemaker

[ATTACH]141162[/ATTACH]

Snacko,

Thank you, will come back from business trip, and continue the exercise.

Meanwhile, please advise, what ports did you use to connect monitors?

Best regards

KIVI

Hi KIVI,

Although I am having my own problem of the game not recognizing my touch or mouse input from my touchscreen, I can say that I did solve the problem of getting (3) regular monitors and 1 touchscreen to work off of one GTX 980ti card without any other special software or hardware. The game correctly sends viewport data to my touchscreen and all the other three monitors correctly show the outside view.

What I noticed is that there is a bug in the Helios Profile Editor when you click the Reset Monitor button. Maybe something broke with the newer version of Windows. It can make a real mess of things when you use it, so what I did was this:

Start with a clean monitor setup by arranging the monitors as is shown in the Windows Display Settings.PNG file contained in the zip attachment here. Adjust the monitor cables and the ports off the card to get that configuration. Make #4 your main display and your touchscreen will be #1. Make sure they are numbered 4-to-1, left-to-right, as I have shown here. This is critical when using my modified version of the Loz hpf file I have also included in the zip attachment.

Because the Monitor Reset program within the Helios Profile Editor is broken, I just went and modified the Loz - Single Monitor_6a.hpf manually with Notepad ++. Loz had it configured to handle two monitors so I modified it to handle four. You can take it just as it is here and don't need to modify anything. I never got around to renaming it from "...Single Monitor..." to "...Triple Monitor..." but that doesn't affect anything.

Now load the Loz hpf file included here in the zip within the Helios Profile Editor. Verify that the monitors on the Preview screen match what is on your Windows Display Settings screen and that the background instrument panel image is associated with monitor #1. See the attached, Helios monitor configuration.PNG screenshot. Go to the Profile Explorer, choose the DCS A10C option under Interfaces, enter the correct Install Path to your DCS World folder, and then click the Setup key. (Actually, I am no longer sure what clicking the Setup key does anymore. If I recall, it used to create an Export.lau file, but if you download Zeen's latest version of the Export.lua file, maybe that is all that is needed in that regard. Somewhere -- and I don't know where -- the system is writing out the location of the DCS World folder to link it to the game. This may be related to the problem I have in getting my touchscreen to link to the game, but I just don't know. Hopefully, you got that part working.)

Getting that hpf file configured right drove me crazy for many hours. The key to it is the <Monitors> section. The order of each <Monitor> node defined within the <Monitors> section is critical. Each monitor defined from the top of the file to the bottom corresponds to the numbers of the monitors in the Windows Display Settings. So, the first monitor listed in the file is monitor #1 (the touchscreen) and continues down until #4 (the leftmost screen) is defined. Note also that there is a <Background> element for each monitor. For the touchscreen, there is an <Image> sub-element defined, FPBackground_1.png, which is your main instrument panel image. The other monitors have no backgrounds defined. Since I am providing you the hpf file for four monitors and don't have to make any of these changes yourself, you can ignore what I am saying here, but if you get into trouble, understanding this may help you fix things easily.

If you mess up the ordering of the monitors within this file or reorder the monitors defined in Windows Display Settings, you will get an, "Error loading profile," message when starting the Helios Control Center and may tell you to run the Reset Monitors function in the Helios Profile Editor. If you do, it will likely make a bigger mess out of your hpf file, so be careful if you start moving monitors around and make a backup of what I have included here.

Finally, I am including here my modified monitor setup/config file, which I named, 3Benq24in_22inTouch_5760x1080. It still needs a bit of tweaking (in particular, the CDU needs to be moved to the right a few hundred pixels and the RWR text needs to be adjusted a bit), but you will see everything else just fine.

Of course, you still need to set up the in-game settings properly. Use this:

Resolution: 7680 x 1080

Aspect Ratio: 7.1111111111111

Montors: 3Benq24in_22inTouch_5760x1080 (or whatever you name yours)

From here, however, I can't help you with anything more. This is where I am stuck. There is some sort of configuration setting that I am missing somewhere even after making the instrument .init file changes and loading Zeen's Export.lua. When I touch a button on the instrument panel, the game doesn't recognize my input. I expect it is something to do with those files, but I am now going to look more at what some other kind folks here are suggesting to help with that. If and when I finally get everything working again, I will post a complete Helios setup instruction manual, similar to what PeterP did some years ago (assuming that nobody has done it since). There really is no reason to go through hell trying to get this thing to work. And yet, I see that is what happens to many of us. Gosh, it would be so nice if ED took the initiative and made this process simple. In the meantime, you can take what I provide here and can get all the monitors to display viewports from a single card.

HeliosSetup.zip

Edited by bigbear

=====================================

Intel I7-6700 32GB RAM, Krait Z170A, NVIDIA RTX 2080ti 11GB, TrackIR5, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG pedals, Samsung CRG9 49" monitor, HP Reverb VR, 500GB SSD.

I'd be glad to try and help you get this working. I don't use RightStuff or Icemaker's stuff. And yes, with everybody doing their own kind of thing to get this working it actually makes it harder to help someone.

I started with PeterP's viewports mod a few years ago, and I think that was partially broken with v1.5. But it has been fixed recently, and I am using that, plus my own MonitorSetup lua file.

If you use JSGME, and can undo any other stuff you have for this, you can try my Export(viewport) jsgme mod, and MonitorSetup LUA file here. Or at the very least you can look through this and use some of my files. Or do a compare to your files to see what's different. (I use a Plugin for Notepad++ for easy file compares).

As far as Helios not recognizing your touches... Do the switches and buttons move, but the game does not respond to them? Have you checked that your profile is setup for the correct interface? What profile is it? If it's an A10c profile for instance, it should be using the A10c Interface from the File menu in the Helios Editor. That Interface window is a bit screwy, because I think the only way to know if it is using the A10c Interface is if that interface is not in the list. Another way to check is to start a New Helios profile and click on Add Interface and one the A10c Interface. A window/tab appears to edit that interface information. It should already have the correct path to your DCS World game folder. If not, fix it and try your profile again..

Thank you so much for your assistance, Snacko! It is late now so I will have to work on this tomorrow or over the next few days, but I sure do appreciate your quick response. I figure there is something very simple I am missing in my knowledge here and I hope what you have is the key. I will let you know.

=====================================

Intel I7-6700 32GB RAM, Krait Z170A, NVIDIA RTX 2080ti 11GB, TrackIR5, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG pedals, Samsung CRG9 49" monitor, HP Reverb VR, 500GB SSD.

I started with PeterP's viewports mod a few years ago, and I think that was partially broken with v1.5. But it has been fixed recently, and I am using that, plus my own MonitorSetup lua file.

For anybody who is interested, here's the link to the file:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1411604/

It works fine in 1.5.3 and 2.0.2.

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I have a problem with Loz profile; I am not able to see the preset UHF, clock, and when open the panel radio also not UHF and frequency. There is a grey color in that position but if I stop the Loz profile the correct number there are in the second screen. (I put the correct coordinates)

I have 2 screen (1 Monitor 28" 2560x1440; 2 monitor (Used for Loz profile) 24" 1920x1200).

What I have to do?

Thanks in advise for your help.

Cheers

Edited by _Lion_

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

132virtualwing.org

I able to see all the frequency in my 2° screen without Helios profile.

When I have actived the profile I am not able to see preset UHF and when open radio panel no UHF frequency etc...

There is the grey color in the background profile in the left side and in this case cover all the frequency.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

132virtualwing.org

Im not at home now but I think I know what the issue is. You have to open up your Helios profile from the Helios Profile editor. on the right side of the screen, at the top, there are some check boxes as I recall. One of them greys out the area in which you are exporting. I cant remember exactly what it says but Im pretty sure that is your problem. I wont be able to send you a screen shot for at least 12 hours. In the mean time, maybe someone else can advise?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

You have to check or uncheck the box that I described in Helios Profile Editor. I can only send a screen shot later today to tell you where that is.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Check out this tutorial, especially at time frame 8:20. Its the "Back Ground" fill box that needs to be unchecked.

It seems to me that your monitor configuration is incorrect because what I see in those screenshots are some remnants of the blue desktop. you need to post your monitor config lua resolution and a screen shot of your monitor config from the Helios profile editor so we can see what you have going on. did you happen to do a Monitor Reset in Helios Profile Editor when you created this profile? This is what I'm thinking in an effort to help,, I could be wrong, but that's the basic thing I would check right now.

It seems to me that your monitor configuration is incorrect because what I see in those screenshots are some remnants of the blue desktop.

That is what Helios should look like if DCS is not running.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes, I agree to a certain point, but do you see where "some" of his export openings are only partially greyed out and you see some of the blue from his monitor 1 desktop? you can almost visualize the rectangular outline between monitor 1 and monitor 2 on his Helios monitor. look at the small blue sections in some of the greyed out locations.

You posted your Export .lua, please post your Monitor Config lua located:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup

Also, it would be helpful if you took a screen shot within DCS of your graphics settings, just to make sure your resolution is set properly along with the use of the monitor config file you need to use.

Edited by Fakum

Thanks for your replies.

Here is my picture configuration DCS and the .lua that I got from:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup

and non from: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup

because I use Loz on DCS and not on DCS Open Beta.

If you need the open beta please let me know.

2_monitors_A-10C.lua

IMG_3984.JPG.737dfc20b5f4a46400bd112ba843c7d1.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

132virtualwing.org

Since your monitor configuration is stacked Upper and Lower, your resolution setting should be the width of your widest monitor, which is monitor 1 at 2560. The height of your resolution setting will be the total height of both of your monitors combined, which is monitor 1 at 1440 + monitor 2 which is 1200. This totals 2640.

So you resolution in DCS and in your monitor lua file should be 2560 x 2640. Your DCS settings and your monitor config lua do not represent that at all.

I forget how to calculate the aspect ratio, but I believe DCS automatically sets this when you change your resolution settings. You can then take that value and edit your monitor config lua to represent 2560 x 2640 and also enter the correct aspect ratio and then save it.

Now,,, all of you X,Y, locations that you have set in your monitor config lua will have to be adjusted again for all of you exports.

Well. I'm glad that you seemed to have got your resolutions resolved, but I still see a lot of laws in your bottom monitor. Helios is not stretched down to the bottom of your monitor bezel, and there are still quite a bit of sections of your desktop background that are greyed out still? I have attached a snapshot of mine just for comparison. Your clock is not even displaying properly. I think you have some gaffed files or need to create a new profile from start now that you have the appropriate Graphics lua and presumable a valid export lua? maybe watch the install tutorial to make sure your doing things correctly?I have to run right now but I will see what I can find out when I get back tomorrow. Maybe someone else can chime in as well?

Edited by Fakum

Hi I've followed this guide and I still cannot get any MFCDs RWR ect. exported. I have a 1920x1080 TV and a 1920x1080 monitor. I Followed this guide and installed the files https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125195 omitting the touch screen setup in windows and every toggle and gauge is working fine.

Here is my monitor export .lua

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Export_Helios_1920x1080');
Description = '2 Monitor Helios 1920x1080';
Viewports =

{
Center =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 1920;
height = 1080;
viewDx = 0;
viewDy = 0;
aspect = 1.7777778;
    }
}

GUI=
{
	x = 0;
	y = 0;
	width = 1920;
	height = 1080;
}	

UIMainView = GUI

--//////////////////////////////////////
--	   Eagle Dynamics A-10C =
--//////////////////////////////////////	

ED_A10C_LEFT_MFCD =
{
    x = 60;
    y = 1200;
    width = 445;
    height = 445;
}

ED_A10C_RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = 1415;
    y = 1200;
    width = 445;
    height = 445;
}

ED_A10C_CLOCK =
{
	x = 480;
	y = 1910;
	width = 122;
	height = 122;
}	

ED_A10C_RWR =
{
	x = 600;
	y = 1241;
	width = 175;
	height = 175;
}

ED_A10C_CMSP =
{
	x = 1075;
	y = 1270;
	width = 270;
	height = 70;
}		

ED_A10C_CMSC =
{
	x = 856;
	y = 1221;
	width = 230;
	height = 49;
}

ED_A10C_UHF_FREQUENCY_STATUS =
{
	x = 635;
	y = 1645;
	width = 12;
	height = 30;
}

ED_A10C_UHF_PRESET_CHANNEL =
{
	x = 748;
	y = 1557;
	width = 30;
	height = 30;
}

ED_A10C_UHF_REPEATER =
{
	x = 656;
	y = 1775;
	width = 110;
	height = 30;
}

Also My ViewportHandling.lua

-- positioning on screen in HUD Only view 
function update_screenspace_diplacement(aspect,is_left,zoom_value)
local aspect     =     aspect or 1
local zoom_value = zoom_value or 0
local default_width  = 0.5 * LockOn_Options.screen.height + (64 * zoom_value)
if default_width > LockOn_Options.screen.height then
   default_width = LockOn_Options.screen.height
end

if default_width > 0.5 * LockOn_Options.screen.width then
   default_width = 0.5 * LockOn_Options.screen.width
end

local default_height = default_width / aspect
local default_y      = LockOn_Options.screen.height - default_height
local default_x      = LockOn_Options.screen.width  - default_width
if  is_left then
	default_x   = 0
end
dedicated_viewport 		  = {default_x,default_y,default_width,default_height}
dedicated_viewport_arcade = {default_x, 0	    ,default_width,default_height}
end

function make_viewport(aspect,is_left,is_top,default_width,zoom_value)
local aspect      	 =     aspect or 1
local zoom_value	 = zoom_value or 0
local default_width  = default_width or 0.5 * LockOn_Options.screen.height
	  default_width  = default_width + (64 * zoom_value)

if default_width > LockOn_Options.screen.height then
   default_width = LockOn_Options.screen.height
end

if default_width > 0.5 * LockOn_Options.screen.width then
   default_width = 0.5 * LockOn_Options.screen.width
end

local default_height = default_width / aspect
local default_y      = LockOn_Options.screen.height - default_height
local default_x      = LockOn_Options.screen.width  - default_width
if  is_left then
	default_x   = 0
end
if is_top then 
    default_y 	= 0
end
return {default_x,default_y,default_width,default_height}
end

function set_full_viewport_coverage(viewport)
  dedicated_viewport 		 = {viewport.x,
							viewport.y,
							viewport.width,
							viewport.height}
  dedicated_viewport_arcade = dedicated_viewport
  purposes 				 = {render_purpose.GENERAL,
							render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW,
							render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_OUTSIDE_COCKPIT,
							render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_INSIDE_COCKPIT} -- set purposes to draw it always 
  render_target_always = true
end

-- try to find assigned viewport
function try_find_assigned_viewport(exactly_name,abstract_name)
local multimonitor_setup_name =  "Config/MonitorSetup/"..get_multimonitor_preset_name()..".lua"
local f = loadfile(multimonitor_setup_name)
if	  f 	then
	  local env = {screen = LockOn_Options.screen}
	  setfenv(f,env)
	  pcall(f)
	  local target_env = env[exactly_name]
	  if not target_env and abstract_name then
		 target_env = env[abstract_name]
	  end
	  if target_env then
		 set_full_viewport_coverage(target_env)
	  end	  
end