Newest DCS plane F-18C?

Zero_Mass

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens if you attack the C130 from the right hand side ?

:)

But I agree with ya, C130 gunship is an amazing thing, one of my Fav's.

You will probably win, don't know of any C130's carrying any guns.

I think a more powerful version of this (such as with the YAL-1) would make large aircraft like the AC-130 more viable in air to air combat. It depends upon how much time the energy has to be directed on a target to destroy it and how long it takes between shots, but of course all of that kind of stuff would be classified...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Tactical_Laser

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Realistically the AC130 has zero A2A capability. It can only deploy it's weapons in a small cone shape area leaving roughly a 80% blind side.

I agree though that once it has you locked up and you do not get out of that firing zone you prob will be toast.

but

Talking under correction, it does not have radar, possibly only RWR and it's a huge target that can be seen much farther away than 15nm for sure, making it easy to track without radar.

So for a small fighter attacking it it will only know about you if you use your radar (which would be stupid) or they see you (small fighter, highly unlikely) or AWACS tells them in which case you will have to deal with a CAP yourself in anycase.

The chances of one operating where there is a hostile A2A threat is certainly zero me thinks anyway! It's too much of an asset with too many lifes to risk like that.

Edited by RogueRunner
spelling

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

Well I was lucky enough to get to take that picture. We have a airfest every year and we got to go into the cockpit of a B-52. Here is a couple of pics for you..

B-52 Bomb Bay...

l.jpg

B-52

l.jpg

Further away pic. Still did not get it all in.

l.jpg

Enjoy..

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This was a good one. I think some redflag would be fun if we could have one of these.

l.jpg

l.jpg

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The A-10C has skins for most of the factions in the game, and the Ka-50 has atleast one skin for all of the other factions in the game (except insurgents). This is without having to download any community mods. I would be very surprised if DCS:F-18 didn't come with multiple Russian skins, hopefully including a cool one like that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

oh yeah I know. But would be cool if we had navada and red flag exercises

=RvE=Atomic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, when we will be able to pre-purchase the f-18 module?

I'm still learning the CDU on the a-10C but I would put it aside for the f-18.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 64bit, Core I7 950, Nvidia GTX 260, 6 gig RAM, TIR 5, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Logitech attack3 :(

From this:

Notice: ED Moderators are neither confirming nor denying. We've stole the secret!

Those are Testers... not ED developers

yes... well moderators are also not ED developers and most of them, if not all, are testers also... again they are not developers, so they don't know unless they are given stuff to test :)

... and testers are under non-disclosure agreement...

So we just have to wait and enjoy DCS KA-50 and DCS A-10c (and his upcoming 1.0.0.7 patch:) )

To clarify to anyone who still didn't get it:

- ED Testers or Moderators are volunteers and have no insight of ED business processes.

Still, since the thread started it has created a new truth and questions like this is starting to emerge: :D

What will be the next questions?

"When will the boxed version be availble in Canada?"

"Where can I get a refund for it?"

:D

Allright, keep speculating - but keep in mind:

- What if .. ED owns the domain for other reasons?

I'm just saying - non of us knows why they own the domain.

o7 :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Haha...me too :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

So how come Canada gets it before the United States? Just because its a CF-18 doesn't mean they should get special access to it first.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

So how come Canada gets it before the United States? Just because its a CF-18 doesn't mean they should get special access to it first.

The RN might get it for our big boats.... unless we are still getting ski resorts.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

trololololo.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=TROLOLOLOLOLLL

:D:megalol:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Our dollar is worth more now :D

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Our dollar is worth more now :D

Ouch...:megalol:

Well if we do get a CF-18 they better add a new slider under bird-strikes called "Moose on the runway"

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum