Newest DCS plane F-18C?

Zero_Mass

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it is not a F-18; Wags said that the next aircraft is a very popular US fixed wing :smartass:

Actually, F-18 would be great because ED will have to make a new scenery (Aircraft carrier in Black sea? I don't think so). :thumbup:

i7 920@4.0Ghz, 12 GB RAM, ATI 4890, LG L246WHX@1920x1200, Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, TrackIR4, Audigy 2ZS, Logitech G9x, Vista 64bit.

I know it is not a F-18; Wags said that the next aircraft is a very popular US fixed wing :smartass:

Actually, F-18 would be great because ED will have to make a new scenery (Aircraft carrier in Black sea? I don't think so). :thumbup:

The F/A-18A/C is a very popular USN fixed wing aircraft. Every well known modern US aircraft (F-15, F-16, F/A-18...I think that covers them all except the A-10 we already have) has lovers and haters. People will say the F-15 is just for burning holes in the sky on BARCAP missions, that the F-16 has been over done and that the F/A-18 isn't as capable in either arena as the F-15 and F-16. Personally, I think any of these 3 aircraft fit the bill of a "popular US fixed wing aircraft". Sure, the F/A-18E/F would be more popular, but I do not personally believe that there is enough data on this aircraft that is unclassified for DCS to be able to model it to their preference. Same thing for the F-22A.

E-2C, F-117, E-3, KC-135, EA-6B...well I'd be happy if any of them are done to a DCS level, but I think these are the type of aircraft that fall out of the realm of "very popular".

@goldfinger35: You must have missed the earlier survey about the community choice. F/A-18 was selected by about 2/3 of the community. It was the same proportion in a similar survey performed on the 104th Phoenix squadron forums. The F/A-18 may not be your personal preference but it is for plenty of folk. Just so you know.

That said, no matter what ED do it'll be awesome. The realism is what makes it awesome (for me at least) even more than the platform (although I personally have my fingers crossed for an F/A-18).

Edited by Moa

They can in FSX lol.

No its not Slew mode :D Just FSX recorder bug.:doh:

BTW Hornet or F-16 would rock in DCS.

I did manage to fly an FSX F-18 with the wings folded and full fuel, but it took the entire lake bed at Edwards AFB to get enough speed. I'm sure it would work out better with 10% fuel.

On a completely unrelated note (more to do with DCS: F-18C) look what is parked at Nellis AFB: clicky

I know those are Super Hornets, but its still cool.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@goldfinger35: You must have missed the earlier survey about the community choice. F/A-18 was selected by about 2/3 of the community.

On a 4 choices survey, wich included the F22 and F35......:doh:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

That real life reality is unlikely to stop ED from making an F18 sim- if that turned out to be the next module. DCS does have a few realism sacrifices present right now. I do agree wholeheartedly that a new, more realistic map would be in order- I just don't think it would be a deal breaker for ED right now or in the very short term.. We've had to live with the carriers being here this long...

Edited by S77th-konkussion

On a 4 choices survey, wich included the F22 and F35......:doh:

There were other polls as well, if you were paying attention, with many other airframes. The Hornet still topped the lists by a large margin, for whatever reason.

Not that public opinion really matters, ED seems to choose their next simulator in something of a vacuum, as they should.

Y'know- the same E-2 hawkeye that takes off from the CVN's right after the rescue chopper, and right before the F/18's :D

Or A-6's ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yes- back before they were retired... I'm sure there's a huge demand in the military world to procure Intruder simulation/training software...

Call off the Bugg people...we're heading back to the 70's.

51VWGNVB2ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

yes- I know the movie was made in the 90's...

Edited by S77th-konkussion

That real life reality is unlikely to stop ED from making an F18 sim- if that turned out to be the next module. DCS does have a few realism sacrifices present right now. I do agree wholeheartedly that a new, more realistic map would be in order- I just don't think it would be a deal breaker for ED right now or in the very short term.. We've had to live with the carriers being here this long...

Weeeeeell... carriers may not be all that common in the Black Sea... but there's plenty of room in Nevada! ;)

(Some real life concerns, like shorelines, will of course have to be ignored)

But that's a Mig 28, not a Tiger. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Time to put ya'all out of your Misery:

ASW_Fake_FA37_1.jpg

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Viper ^^^^^^

WTF is that thing ?!:huh:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb