Osama bin Laden - Killed.

636_Castle

Mower its not the Pakistans actually. Alkida is simply very strong in particular areas of Pakistan and Somalia etc ......

So then the Pakistani government has no control over all of their territory? I think not. :megalol:

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That guy was anything but brave; he just didn't want to surrender; was scared of having to face justice that is all.

Affirmative.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

This article on the BBC's site has some details, mostly from eyewitnesses and the like: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13257330

I've quoted a fair bit of the article below for those that can't be bothered going to another site.

The end of the article has some background information in what led up to the operation:

One local resident told the BBC Urdu that the house had been built by a Pashtun man about 10 or 12 years ago. The resident said that none of the locals were aware of who was really living there. However, the New York Times said US officials believed that the house was specially built in 2005.

Intelligence officials in the US are quoted by AP as saying that the house was custom-built to harbour a major "terrorist" figure.

As details of the raid emerged it became clear that the operation had been long in the planning. US officials said they received intelligence that Osama Bin Laden might be in that compound as long ago as last summer.

CIA experts analysed whether the "high value target" living at the compound could be anyone else but they decided in the end that it was almost certainly Bin Laden.

US intelligence agents focussed in particular on one of Bin Laden's couriers - a man identified as a protege of captured al-Qaeda commander Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. The courier's pseudonym was reportedly given to US interrogators by detainees at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba, US media reported.

He appeared to be one of the few couriers completely trusted by Osama Bin Laden, who helped keep the al-Qaeda figurehead in touch with the rest of the world.

For years US intelligence had been unable to name the courier. But four years ago they worked out who he was and two years later they discovered where he operated.

and reports from eyewitnesses as the raid occurred:

The operation against Osama Bin Laden began at about 2230 (1730 GMT) and lasted about 45 minutes, military sources told BBC Urdu. Two or three helicopters were seen flying low over the area. Witnesses say they caused panic among local residents.

One report of the operation emerged in real-time: Sohaib Athar, an IT consultant living in Abbottabad, posted on Twitter at about 0100 (2100 GMT) that a helicopter was hovering above the city.

He continued tweeting as the operation unfolded before eventually realising: "Uh oh, now I'm the guy who liveblogged the Osama raid without knowing it."

The target of the operation was the compound, which had at its centre a large three-storey building.

Its occupants were so concerned about security that they were reported to burn their rubbish rather than leave it out for collection as other residents in the area did.

The raid was conducted by a special team of between 20 and 25 US Navy Seals.

As it got under way the helicopters - which had reportedly flown from Afghanistan - landed outside the compound, and the commandos emerged from them.

People living in the area, known as Thanda Choha, told BBC Urdu that they were commanded in Pashto to switch off their lights and not to leave their homes.

Shortly afterwards residents said they heard shots being fired and the sound of heavy firearms.

At some point in the operation one of the helicopters crashed, either from technical failure or having been hit by gunfire from the ground. But no US commandos were injured.

Any new, strong, proof? Pictures, or something like that?

I have not seen any convincing evidence.

Well if he's not dead he's being very quiet about the whole thing...

Oh and BZ to the SEALS, good hunting gentlemen.

Oh great, I guess now we have to wait for a video to emerge of Osama saying "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated". :lol:

Al Qaeda and their sister organizations are being quiet and I'm feeling quite uneasy. There has been no official statement/video/recording from them in a while. I know for certain they have not given up. They could be waiting for the dust to settle down to fire retaliation. All I know is that in internet forums (friendly to Al Qaeda) some very scary comments have been said if "they" find out that OBL is really dead.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Report says the downed helicopter had a mechanical or similar failure, wasn't 'shot down'.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/03/3205976.htm

Their helicopter stalled as it hovered above the compound, with the pilot managing to set it down inside the walls but unable to restart it.

The assault team went ahead with the raid, not knowing if they had a way out. There was a brief firefight as bin Laden resisted capture and was shot in the face.

The Seals blew up their crippled chopper and used a back-up aircraft to evacuate.

Body is confirmed to be bin Laden, the reason for burial at sea, was that they didn't want any fuss about in which country he should be buried.

This is not just about a military or an organization leader, but also a spiritual leader and an ethnic symbol of jihad against the west.

US acted accordingly, by cremating his body and throwing the ashes in the north arabic sea (All done before sundown according to the muslim law) it automatically removes the possibility for any worshippers to conduct any spiritual ceremonies around any burial place.. also no country would take the body for the most obvious reason --> Al Qaeda on its ass to reclaim the body.

I'm sure a finger or some hair would be taken before the cremation to conduct DNA tests.:puke:

Edited by Innerloop

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

This is not just about a military or an organization leader, but also a spiritual leader and an ethnic symbol of jihad against the west.

As well as I, receive the prevention. Local moderators entirely rejoice, without recognizing other points of view. In Russia this operation is considered nonsense and to anybody, except Obama, not necessary. Just because Osama for a long time has lost a wheel. If at all employee CIA had a wheel....:megalol:

Enjoy:lol:

russian comments on the one of most internet-news agency... For example...

Its a very bad Smells of this history.. Time is show... And show mast go on....

http://readers.lenta.ru/articles/2011/05/02/lamort/

Edited by vanveken

What exactly is "sick" about JUSTICE? :gun_smilie:

Execution is NOT a justice. Maybe in somebody's sick "wild west" mentally ill head.

He should have been brough to court, not executed, not jailed in Guantanamo or anything alike.

This is only glorification about putting a bullet into somebody head. Second to what Osama did is only the drunken celebration on the WTC monument.

Yours and other similar comments are most disturbing from human point of view. Criminal has to be brought before the court, regardless of the price. Everything else turns his crimes into one-sided accusations and hearsay, thus adding more fuel to Osamas supporters.

I was shocked by what happened on 9/11, but it was my hope that USA - supposedly only bright light in legality and democracy - will stick to their constitutional roots. Instead, they turned the World into a Tombstone.

Much discussion in this topic has nothing to do with "military" or "aviation". Especially since there is no discussion about news (and video!) of US soldiers killing that couple on a motorcycle, and later posing any enjoying themselves "about the kill", what you can find on Rolling Stone website.

I call upon moderator to close this sick topic.

• Like 1

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Capturing him and putting him on trial might have been an even better US propaganda coup than his death. The snatch squad may well have had orders to take him alive if possible. It is credible that they had no choice than to shoot him if he was armed and refusing to surrender.

Whichever, he is no loss to the World.

Burying him according to the correct Islamic rituals is good PR too. Shows that someone in the US Govt was thinking ahead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

[...]

While i agree with you somewhat on the attitude towards the killing, i assure you that the media reports coming to europe from the US showing people in mindless celebration are quite biased, the celebrations might very well have been PR stunts.

I have read some articles by austrian journalists living in the US and the tenor was that the US population over all seems to have a rather ambivalent feeling about the killing, much like people in europe.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Just to inform you guys that bin laden was shooting an ak74 at the navy seals ,from the roof top of the building whist they were assaulting it,he then went into the building.

After the seals entered he was behind one of his wife's who was acting as a human shield.

Conituing to fire at us forces.

THATS why they killed him.

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

While i agree with you somewhat on the attitude towards the killing, i assure you that the media reports coming to europe from the US showing people in mindless celebration are quite biased, the celebrations might very well have been PR stunts.

I have read some articles by austrian journalists living in the US and the tenor was that the US population over all seems to have a rather ambivalent feeling about the killing, much like people in europe.

It deepends, wich American's are filmed, I mean, as you can see people from NY, are much more happy then any other American, but I find it ok. There are MANY who lost some family part's, or close friends, I guess I would not act different if I have a close loss by OBL 9/11 attack, and you get the kill message one day after a decate, from this guy.

By just watching the news, I guess we just cant feel the feelings from those who are been involved, and so in this case, we cant understand maybe, why some are soo happy...But I let them...

Just to inform you guys that bin laden was shooting an ak74 at the navy seals ,from the roof top of the building whist they were assaulting it,he then went into the building.

After the seals entered he was behind one of his wife's who was acting as a human shield.

Conituing to fire at us forces.

THATS why they killed him.

Well Sure but he wouldn't be having truck load of AK mags while he was behind his wife. So if he was shooting at US forces they could have let him empty his mag and pounded on him later. If there were any intentions of taking him alive there are lots of equipments with many police departments in US to capture an armed man. So I believe if he was killed it was meant to be.

It deepends, wich American's are filmed, I mean, as you can see people from NY, are much more happy then any other American, but I find it ok.

Quite the contrary, it seems that those who lost ppl in the war are among the least eager to celebrate. I think we should all come realize that the concept of revenge does not work. No amount of violence or punishment can right a wrong.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Original photos:

S = simple

E = education

A = about

L = layers

S.E.A.L briefing :megalol::

Ok soldier! Now you are ready to kill! Go, go, go!!!

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH!