ServMan v3 for DCS:A-10C Warthog

Panzertard

What happens when you login as a squad member and type "/m"?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ASUS Rampage II Extreme, i7 930@4.2GHz, Water cooled, 6GB G.Skill Trident DDR3 1600, RevoDrive3 X2 240GB, ATI 7970, Antek 1000w, Sony 46", HP TouchScreen, Helios, TIR 5, TM Warthog, CH Rudder Pedals, Win 7 64.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have the "serverconfig" file misconfigured. find a working config fil to try and test it. a comma in the wrong place can do it.

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the quick response, I thought it was that because I was having a Wrong folder name in the DCS World folder.

I got half of it working, It auto unpause the mission when somebody logs in, it auto start the mission when nobody is in.

But Im not able to run the commands with "/" for example I type "/help" on the chat and it says "Paranoik: /help" like im saying it.

Am I doing something wrong?

I can see from the server side that says "Paranoik" send command" "/help" but its said like a chat and is not working like a command.

EDIT:

Im thinking because the main.lua from the ServMan is old, if that solves it, can anyone attach his working main.lua?

Thanks!!

If the "/info" or the "/help" does not give any response that indicates that ServMan is not running or missconfigured. You must open up chat again to se the actual response!

(HJ)

Thanks all for answering!!!

I got it solved with:

you have the "serverconfig" file misconfigured. find a working config fil to try and test it. a comma in the wrong place can do it.

Adding the Default serverconfig it made it work perfectly.

Im being really carefull on the edition of it with the "," "SPACE" and everything, it seems that something in the configuration that i really want for my server is having problems but i will go line by line with it testing the server to be able to identify what is the problem.

As soon as i do, i will post it like "FYI".

Thanks everyone again for the Support to our Latin Community.

:thumbup:

Comunidad Americana de Arma

i will go line by line with it testing the server to be able to identify what is the problem.

As soon as i do, i will post it like "FYI".

Ok, I found out that im a retard :doh:

It is already posted, the problem was the Misssion Timers Restart and Cycle in "0".

We use servman right now with 1.2.0, and it works well.

Just I had to change this parameters :

restart_miz_after = 360,

rotate_miz_after = 0,

If you set both parameters to "0", the parameters:

"pause_if_server_empty" "resume_if_server_not_empty"

"restart_if_server_empty" and vote option dont work.

Thanks everybody!!!

Edited by Paranoik

Comunidad Americana de Arma

My bad, I kicked out a "generic" config file a bit too quickly.

Please check the conf_serverconfig.lua and the section down at:

Format/Example:
-- Please pay attention to the commas at the end of the line, it is required.
local subadmins=
{
["BartS"] = "Ay!Caramba12",
["Homer"] = "doh!!",
["name"] = "password"
}
]]

Change it to include the following:

Format/Example:
local subadmins=
{
["Homer"] = "doh!!",
["name"] = "password"
}
]]
[color=blue]local subadmins=[/color]
[color=blue]{[/color]
[color=blue]}[/color]

You might want to add yourself or others as subadmins while you're at it.

I dont understand this config set up for password and admin name?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I dont understand this config set up for password and admin name?

The top bit is examples, the bottom part is what you actually edit.

Examples, dont edit

Format/Example:
local subadmins=
{
["Homer"] = "doh!!",
["name"] = "password"
}
]]

Edit this.

local subadmins=
{
}

local subadmins=
{
   ["Mastiff"] = "MastiffsSuperSecretPassword",
}

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thank you Grimes. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anyone had luck with servman and 1.2.1 and subsequent updates. I noticed that the main.lua file is replaced with the smaller updates that are being pushed out. I am wondering if its ok to keep putting the old serverman main.lua back in?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have to keep changing the options in graphics.cfg, too. :D

No, all you need to do is copy all of the files out of the latest _backup folder in the main DCS directory, and then just paste the files back into the main DCS directory, merging all folders and over-writing all files. That will re-install all your mods.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

No, all you need to do is copy all of the files out of the latest _backup folder in the main DCS directory, and then just paste the files back into the main DCS directory, merging all folders and over-writing all files. That will re-install all your mods.

I believe, that assumes that there has not been a change to one of files (i.e. graphics.cfg) which you need to keep along with your own modifications.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I believe, that assumes that there has not been a change to one of files (i.e. graphics.cfg) which you need to keep along with your own modifications.

Very true- and some of the auto-upates may have touched graphics.cfg, I think, in order to improve frame rates.

For most mods though, you shouldn't have to worry.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Lua scripts and mods:

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

So, the compatibility between Servman and DCSW 1.2.1 is confirmed?

If between the server and the clients there is some minor differences on the version this can lead to some problems in multiplayer?

Not sure I'd use the word "compatibility" when Servman causes constant Lua errors to be reported to dcs.log.

But does Servman mostly work with DCS 1.2.1? Probably.

Lua scripts and mods:

We're getting pretty consistent chat logs from it, and though we're not getting any of the public messages I learned today without a doubt that it is running in the background doing what I configured it to do.

Looking forward to a new update but even without it- it SEEMS to be working silently in the background in its current form.

I can't speak for the .lua errors being reported and whether that might cause instability, connection issues... etc? We have had a few more instances of connection difficulties recently- but then it's tough to lay that on Servman or a particular update.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I just got word from c0ff that servman was causing compatability errors as mentioned above-

Not sure if it's related to the connectivity issues we've been having lately-

Any forecast on an update for servman or integrating its functionality into the actual game?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Is there any confirmation that using LAN instead of 256asdl for connection really helps?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I just got word from c0ff that servman was causing compatability errors as mentioned above-

Not sure if it's related to the connectivity issues we've been having lately-

Any forecast on an update for servman or integrating its functionality into the actual game?

We are all waiting for a dedicated server from ED. Panzertard (ServMan modder) have not been active on this forum for at least 3 monts.

(HJ)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Windows 10 build 10061 works with DCS as dedicated server and servman as admin tool. :thumbup:

Windows 10 build 10061 looks great so far, although there are some bugs, so I may also test out that version as client. Anyone else on this build?

Edited by HiJack