To Devs: Regarding trimmer

Brainless

When I release the trimmer button, sim wait me to recenter controls. That is normal. But in sometimes I accidently release trimmer and press it again, which leads to confusion for 1-2 seconds (Helicopter doesn't respond). I need to release trimmer and recenter to regain control.

My question is: Is it possible to make trimmer button always to activate trimming mode, even when after last trimmer release, recentering is not done?

p.s.: Sorry for my poor English.

Ryzen 5900X (Water), 64GB DDR4@3600CL16, RTX 3090 (Water), U4021QW, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, 2x1000GB RAID 1, 2000GB,

Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswind, Reverb G2 V2

Could you make a short track showing the issue and attach it here?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I think what he means is that he wants to be able to trim even if during the previous trimming he didn't return controls to center position. Sometimes I click the trim button by accident too so I reverted back to default trimming method.

Edited by Mustur

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My question is: Is it possible to make trimmer button always to activate trimming mode, even when after last trimmer release, recentering is not done?

Yes.

Navigate to the SP GUI/Options/Misc screen and untick the 'CENTRAL POSITION TRIMMER MODE' box.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I will make a track when I get home. But this is not a issue, everything working as supposed to be. I just suggest a new feature about trimmer. Simulator to not wait for recentering after trimmer button is released, if it (trimmer button) is pressed again.

Ryzen 5900X (Water), 64GB DDR4@3600CL16, RTX 3090 (Water), U4021QW, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, 2x1000GB RAID 1, 2000GB,

I think what he means is that he wants to be able to trim even if during the previous trimming he didn't return controls to center position. Sometimes I click the trim button by accident too so I reverted back to default trimming method.

That's right.

I just suggest a new feature about trimmer.

Feature already present - see post #4.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah, then do as Viper suggested. As he said, feature is already there. :)

EDIT: LOL Viper, one day... :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yes.

Navigate to the SP GUI/Options/Misc screen and untick the 'CENTRAL POSITION TRIMMER MODE' box.

This is not solution for me.

I want to use 'CENTAL POSITION TRIMMER MODE'!

Just if I press trimmer again (without recentering after last release), I want to regain control over helicopter.

This is not solution for me.

I want to use 'CENTAL POSITION TRIMMER MODE'!

Just if I press trimmer again (without recentering after last release), I want to regain control over helicopter.

Sounds like you don't want to use central position trimmer mode if you want to be able to press trimmer again without recentering it.

Turn Center off and see how it flies. Have you tried that?

Sounds like you don't want to use central position trimmer mode if you want to be able to press trimmer again without recentering it.

Turn Center off and see how it flies. Have you tried that?

No. I WANT to use 'CENTRAL POSITION TRIMMER MODE', but if I press trimmer again, without recentering after last release, to regain control of the helicopter (sim to stop waiting to center controls).

Only Mustur understand me so far.

The ONLY difference between 'CENTRAL POSITION TRIMMER MODE' and no 'CENTRAL POSITION TRIMMER MODE' is the fact that with the former, you must re-centre your controls. With the latter, you do not need to centre your controls.

That is the only difference. As such, your request makes no sense. The feature is already catered for.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think I'm getting what he's going for, though I don't see it as a meaningful feature to implement, basically consider this:

1) Trim release

2) Waiting for center

or

1) Trim release

2) .5 second wait until resume

What he wants is

1) Trim release

2) Wait for center or trimmer depression

I don't really see the use for it, but I think that's it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Viper is right.

No. I WANT to use 'CENTRAL POSITION TRIMMER MODE', but if I press trimmer again, without recentering after last release, to regain control of the helicopter (sim to stop waiting to center controls).

Only Mustur understand me so far.

I also understand what you want to achieve , but:

To get it working and combine both methods - it would really need some heavy scripting and a unknown factor will still be there because the machine can't read your mind when each of both methods is needed ....

So you would need a fourth command to tell it the computer (the three command that are used now : press/hold/release) .

This would make it even more complicated that you have it right now.

So please try the trimming without central positioning - and give yourself time to get used to it.

Edit:

If this is no option for you - considdre to get a FFB joystick like the MS-FFB2 or Logitech G940 - even if you have read of problems with the G940 - Trim works better with the Logitech than with any other non-FFB stick.

Edited by PeterP

I think its a valid request.

Due to the nature of the way the trimmer is in the sim you a forced to fly alot with the trimmer pressed. Sometimes it is inadvertently released and causes you to HAVE to centre the controls to regain control.

Makes sense if controls are not recentred that pressing the trimmer again allows to to "resume" from last trimmer release.

I think I'm getting what he's going for, though I don't see it as a meaningful feature to implement, basically consider this:

1) Trim release

2) Waiting for center

or

1) Trim release

2) .5 second wait until resume

What he wants is

1) Trim release

2) Wait for center or trimmer depression

I don't really see the use for it, but I think that's it?

I want:

1) Trim release

2) Wait for center or trimmer press (to enter in trimmer mode again)

When I flying (or hovering) and I press trimmer, to change helicopter position, sometimes I release and press trimmer again for couple of microseconds (without notice). I still hold trimmer and think that I have control over helicopter, but at this moment helicopter doesn't respond because I released trimmer just for couple of microseconds. At this moment I must center controls to regain control.

I want if press trimmer without centering controls after last release, to enter in trimmer mode (to regain control over helicopter, without centering controls).

Due to the nature of the way the trimmer is in the sim you a forced to fly alot with the trimmer pressed

Incorrect.

The correct way to trim is Press Trim and the Immediately release Trim. You do not hold the trim button depressed at all. You can, but then you're doing it wrong - not the SIM's fault if it does not work for you if you are choosing the incorrect method for the sake of convenience.

Sometimes it is inadvertently released and causes you to HAVE to centre the controls to regain control.

Which will never happen with the 'CENTRAL POSITION TRIMMER MODE' box unchecked. No prerequisite to recentre controls at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I want:

1) Trim release

2) Wait for center or trimmer press (to enter in trimmer mode again)

Which is exactly what I said. ;)

Spikenet:

"Due to the nature of the way the trimmer is in the sim you a forced to fly alot with the trimmer pressed."

This, to my mind, indicates a problem with your trimmer handling, actually. I only seldomly fly with trimmer continually depressed - only for continuous pre-planned maneuvers. Heavy maneuvering (evasives etc) is done without trimmer depression and I get myself into trim afterwards.

I can see what you guys want.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Incorrect.

The correct way to trim is Press Trim and the Immediately release Trim. You do not hold the trim button depressed at all. You can, but then you're doing it wrong - not the SIM's fault if it does not work for you if you are choosing the incorrect method for the sake of convenience.

Which will never happen with the 'CENTRAL POSITION TRIMMER MODE' box unchecked. No prerequisite to recentre controls at all.

But if you trying to change helicopter heading, position, etc. without pressing trimmer, You will start to fight autopilot, which will try to hold last helicopter state.

But if you trying to change helicopter heading, position, etc. without pressing trimmer, You will start to fight autopilot, which will try to hold last helicopter state.

No - see here:

4l_LhCRIRgo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

my understanding of the trim is if you try to fly outside the trim parameters, the autopilot will try its best (up to 20%?) to put you back to your existing trim. So you end up fighting the autopilot.

therefore, if you want to freeflight, you either use FD or you hold down the trim to move around then release it when your done.

Please correct me if this understanding is flawed!

I prefer "CENTRAL POSITION TRIMMER MODE" the other method is even more annoying as you get .5 second to centre or it adds more control onto the trim..

Incorrect.

The correct way to trim is Press Trim and the Immediately release Trim. You do not hold the trim button depressed at all.

That's not right regarding RL procedures and using a FFB-stick.

Could be different with a non FFB stick but when you are controlling a Real or simulated Helicopter that is equipted with a force trim system - you will end up holding the trimmer down for several seconds in some manoeuvres.

....therefore, if you want to freeflight, you either use FD or you hold down the trim to move around then release it when your done.

Please correct me if this understanding is flawed!..

Did you watch the video I posted?

No FD and no 'hold down' of trim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Which autopilots are you using? Are you also using Flight Director?