224 members have voted

1. 1. New Map Idea's?

• Afghanistan
    • Greece
    • Cuba
    • Canada
    • Mexico
    • Madagascar

You might want to try and get a hold of Luckybob9 mapping is an epic amount of work he is the only one that know what it really entails

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Balkans Please

Many memories from there not all good .... but some ....

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

There is a high possability of that. It all depends on the terrain that I can get in the end. I was looking into that area and I have some of the geotiffs to it but I still need to work on grabbing the rest.

Waiting for a email back on grabbing basicallu all of middleeast,europe and some of asia. Figure out the best region to create.

-PonY

❤️

Well due to the information we have gathered Balkans is what we will do. Seems like alot of work though, but I Will get together with the team and we will get started.

Thank you to all who voted.

What is the chances of payware?

Anyone know if Eagle Dynamics allows that?

-PonY

• Like 1

❤️

Well due to the information we have gathered Balkans is what we will do. Seems like alot of work though, but I Will get together with the team and we will get started.

Thank you to all who voted.

What is the chances of payware?

Anyone know if Eagle Dynamics allows that?

-PonY

Shoot JimMack a PM to ask about this, I have no idea what EDs position might or might not be on Payware.

Nate

Maybe if they could sell it on ED's online shop?

The team gets paid, ED gets a percentage, win win, right?

I have no idea what EDs position might or might not be on Payware.

Edited by Mustur

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Alright, I think this will be suitable for the area. Part of the Balkans.

The Balkans in total before I looked at the area was... Well, 227000km sq. Too big for us to play with. I think.

Anyways. This is the area...

BalkansArea.png

-PonY

❤️

Not too big at all. Less than 500km on each side. An A-10 can do that distance in an hour or less. A fighter, 30 min. It would be a great area to play in, and if you can get even more of it, even better. I'd reccomend working on it but also waiting on Nevada/EDGE before you publish it. EDGE will be superior to the current terrain engine.

Alright, I think this will be suitable for the area. Part of the Balkans.

The Balkans in total before I looked at the area was... Well, 227000km sq. Too big for us to play with. I think.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I was hoping Afghanistan would see the light of day some time (I would like to do some touch and go's in Kandahar with my A-10) .. Balkans sounds good though.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

If the next aircraft will be an F/A-18 or any carrier capable jet fighter, a country with open sea will be nice like Morocco, Senegal, Somalia, South Africa, Mexico, or the Argentina.

If its not, the Libya, Iraq, or Afghanistan.

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

DCS: Balkans on Fire. :)

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So far things are working out. The images (GEOTIFF) we are getting are coRrupted at time so redownloading them happens.

The gathering of information will take to longest. The balkans and surrounding area is a little harder to get images for. Of buildings, cities etc.

What about the coast of USA. New York? I mean thge russians in the game and americans could make a very interesting situation.

Taking info for the area is easier too. Acceleration of the process means you guys get it faster.

I am wondering if we can pull our old modles of bulding for flight sim and use them for DCS providing they are converted.

Yes they are all our own stuff.

-PonY

PS. I have a fulltime job. Kinda weekend work.

❤️

Korea.

What about Kosovo ?

Eastern Med from Aviano to Kosovo (Basher52-esque)

Sea of Japan - North / South Korea.

Gan.

Indonesia - Northern Australia

Germany - Fulda Gap.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men