DSMS not loading weapon info

Megagoth1702

I have a "general testing mission" which I use for test flights. I once did a flight with center fuel tank and all other pylons had travel pods.

Then I switched loadout to CBUs for testing, saved the mission and went into the pit.

The DSMS did NOT have the CBUs loaded into it, even after repeated "load DSMS" command. I even tried deleting the plane in the ME, putting a new plane, putting a new loadout on it, still the same problem. Apparently the mission editor has a lot of issues properly updating code lines etc. But that's for another thread.

Mission and track attached.

DSMS not loading weapons.trk

general testing mission.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

Hmm, I have the same issue here when editing your mission file. Even if I add another flight and set it to player, it won't use the correct loadout. Not even fixable through "prepare mission" ...

Could it be due to usage of custom loadouts?

Apparently the mission editor has a lot of issues properly updating code lines etc.
Looks like this is the case.

Hmm, I have the same issue here when editing your mission file. Even if I add another flight and set it to player, it won't use the correct loadout. Not even fixable through "prepare mission" ...

Could it be due to usage of custom loadouts?

Looks like this is the case.

I don't think it is related to custom loadouts. Some user made missions that you can download come with the craziest loadouts and they work fine.

I would delete that mission and start from scratch. :)

Well guess what I am going to do. ;)

Just wanted to report this, it is clearly a bug with the ME.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Try unpacking the miz file (it's just a zip file by another name), then delete the DSMS folder, re-pack as a zip and change the file extension to .miz.

Once that's done open it in the ME and save again. Then see if it works.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Try unpacking the miz file (it's just a zip file by another name), then delete the DSMS folder, re-pack as a zip and change the file extension to .miz.

Once that's done open it in the ME and save again. Then see if it works.

Thanks for the response. I know what to do try now in case something like this happens in a more important scenario.

It's not really important to me that it works, I am not looking for a workaround, I will just delete this and make a new "mission". I just wanted to report the bug.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

• 2 months later...

Run into the same problem... 1.1.1.1

Made a mission where my HOG had Ferry Flight payload.. travel pods & fuel pods..

I then used the same mission as the base for the next mission.. but this time had a combat payload. No matter what i did the DSMS would always show the the payload from previous mission.

Reloading DSMS..

Using inventory to reset it up..

I tried deleting the plane and resetting it up..

Deleting the plane and setting it up with a new name & new payload.. same issue.

Nothing works..

clipboardimagey.png

I'll try deleting the DSMS folder... and report back..

EDIT: Deleting the DSMS folder fixed this,Thanks for the tip.

Edited by MadTommy

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

• 1 month later...
same problem! it just refuses the to load the new loadout!

How do I unpack the mission and then pack it again?????

1. Rename the mission file from *.miz to *.zip
  2. Open zip, delete the DSMS folder.
  3. Rename *zip back to *.miz

There are only 3 essential files: mission, options, warehouses, you can delete the rest and the mission will still load.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

• 3 weeks later...
  1. Rename the mission file from *.miz to *.zip
  2. Open zip, delete the DSMS folder.
  3. Rename *zip back to *.miz

There are only 3 essential files: mission, options, warehouses, you can delete the rest and the mission will still load.

Well, don't delete any images or sound files you have added into the mission.

Also, the "options" and "warehouses" files are not essential. They can be deleted too. In fact, the "options" file sometimes can cause problems, and needs to be deleted.

BTW, this problem arises when you use the "Prepare Mission" button. Don't use it unless you honestly want to set up the avionics specifically. Even then, I'm not sure exactly how it works.

Sorry for not seeing this forum thread and giving timely advice to fix the problem when it came up. This problem results in a new topic on these forums on average of once every 2 months.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

• 8 years later...

Same issue hear where I created a mission in the editor and assigned custom payload, which worked fine the first flight but if I go back and change the payload the DSMS doesn't pick up the new load even after reloading DSMS. I also used one of the default loadouts with no joy.

• 3 months later...
  • ED Team

Hi all, 

the prepare mission bug has been reported to the team, for now it is best to avoid using it, and for older missions delete the DSMS file in the .miz

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, [31st] Spider said:

This bug is still present. It's simple to reproduce. Create a mission with an A-10C. Save it. Quit ME. Re-load it in ME. Change weapon load-out. Save it. The information in the DSMS does not match with the weapons under the wings.

I just tried this in DCS 2.7 OpenBeta 3 times in a row and did not run into any problems.

Are you certain that's all that is required to reproduce the problem? I've been trying to hunt down the source problem for years and would be surprised if it was that simple. But like I said, I can't reproduce it that way.

• 1 month later...

This is what happen to me :

I started to create a mission with the OB 2.7.

When the stable was released in 2.7, I copy and paste the mission in DCS stable and notice those issue :

- DSMS does not load properly

- The altitude set at 25000ft in the OB was reset to the ground in the Stable, without the possibility to change them

- In Stable, when I delete a waypoint in the ME, the deleted waypoint still appears in the cockpit

To reproduce the issue, just create a mission in OB, then copy-paste in Stable

Edited by vctpil

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

• 3 months later...
On 1/30/2021 at 9:42 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

the prepare mission bug has been reported to the team, for now it is best to avoid using it, and for older missions delete the DSMS file in the .miz

thanks

This bug was report 10 months ago, and I'm still having the same issue with DSMS not loading correctly. When can we expect this bug to be fixed?

• Like 1