Which Ledgends Aircraft if WWII plane?

Wild Weasel

Which Ledgends Aircraft if WWII plane?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Which Ledgends Aircraft if WWII plane?

• Messerschmitt Bf 109
    • Supermarine Spitfire
    • Focke-Wulf FW 190
    • North American P-51 Mustang
    • Yakovlev Yak-3
    • Mitsubishi A6M Zero
    • Lockheed P-38 Lightning
    • Chance Vought F4U Corsair
    • Republic P-47 Thunderbolt
    • Hawker Hurricane

Was just watching Dogfights on the History channel and was thinking, "What aircraft would you all like to see if the DCS Flying Legends aircraft is a WWII Plane?"

I bet most of you would like to see the P-51. I myself would like to see the P-47 Thunderbolt. How cool would that be to see the Grandfather of the A-10.

I know ther are more then 10 WWII aircraft that people would like to choose from but the poll only allows 10.

Other examples in no piticular order.

Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate

Grumman F-4F Wildcat

Grumman F-6F Hellcat

De Havilland Mosquito

Curtiss P-40 Warhawk

Messerschmitt ME 262

Messerschmitt ME 163

To name a few.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see the P-47 Thunderbolt, Spitfire and P-51 Mustang :p

But, to be honest i prefer see jet aircraft for the flying legend, like Vietnam war, F-4, A-6, A-8, Mig19 or Mig21, Mirage III, or maybe something like AV8 Harrier or the best F-14 Tomcat !

And i don't imagine old aircraft like WW2 Warbird in one of the most realistic and modern aircraft simulator, we don't will flying long time in a modern warfare ^^'

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

Very sure it's the P-51b.

See this for more info:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1327994#post1327994

Not just a guess - this is the answer:

It will be the P-51 Mustang

other thing I noticed:

\DCS Black Shark 2\Data\EagleFM\

A10 isn't the only folder - new Folder:

P51B

seems the Developers at ED forgot to remove this folder from the beta before the release of BS2.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1328039#post1328039

DAAAAAAAAAAD. Take me to Duxford now. I've got to found out. biggrin.gif

Check out the aircraft that we fly:

http://fighter-collection.com/pages/tfc/legends/index.php

Though the exact varient that is being modelled we no longer own.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1328604#post1328604

Though the exact varient that is being modelled we no longer own.

I am with PeterP on this one, I reckon its the P51B also. It appears that TFC sold a P51B back in 2007, so it would tie in with what Jim said above. The fact Jim says "exact variant" would also suggest they do own a different variant, ie the T51D......

What ever it is, I just hope they don't cookie cut so much that things like Nvidia or TIR software can't tell what you have running!;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hat's off to Wild Weasel

Well done laughed my a** off

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

My guess is around 3 months till they announce it. In their newsletter we were told it would be released first half of 2012 and announce it when it's in Alpha testing. I'd assume that that could be around that time before release. (Me guessing here.) And that vid is brilliant.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Would love to hear a beta tester give a quick review of how ED is doing with modeling prop physics.

metalsp.png Where does one start........

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Its that good??:music_whistling:

EDIT.....I wanna see finally a realsitic yaw model on takeoff.No sim has ever captured the fact that you do not go full power on a Corsair until your a good way down the runway....from what I have heard.There was a beta version of IL2 that the beta testers were raving about due to the excessive prop effects that were annoyingly realistic feeling but the final version was just way washed down sadly.

Edited by wolfstriked

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle