MAKS, MOSCOW, StPete PICS!!!

bSr.LCsta

nice pics....both the plane and "companion" so did she comewith the mig flight package;) .looks like she either got dressed for going out the next day or for that late evening.....U dog u:D

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

bSr.L()Csta!

Very Cool! I would love to go up in the Mig 29! I got to see one fly at the Abbottsford Airshow in B.C. Canada several years ago. It screamed off the deck and went right into a Hard Roll! It had me at hello! Not only is the 29 a Raw all Powerful Brute, it's as sexy as 25 Year old Super Model!

The SA-6 in the first post looks like an SA-11.

The ladder ;) I think it would be easier to answer a specific question than try and explain the experience in a un-just summary.

I hear you. I wanted to make "the web page to end all web pages" about my own flight too, and then discovered (a) that being a good writer actually takes a lot of skill, that (b) I don't seem to have... :)

1. Physical movement in the jet was very limited. (I'm not sure if all pilots are strapped in as tight as I was, but I did not have the ability to move like we have seen in some of those videos like archer123, or Eagle rage. I was not able to see the chase plane until he was at my 3o'clock.

Concur. How was the rearward view from the mirrors? For my flight, they were folded away, and I was too chicken to move them for fear of breaking something else, after they told me "don't touch anything!"

3. Going afterburner's is one of the coolest feelings in the world!

I never got to experience this, nor going supersonic. Details welcome.

4. Supersonic flight is fairly uneventful as it is in Lockon. I did notice a sense of silence like in the game, but it was not that pronounced.

Was the dominant sound still the cabin air pressure system? Did you hear the engines through the aircraft body at all?

5. I have a pretty strong stomach when it comes to physical forces, but it definately didn't like the 1st aleron roll. I hadn't eaten much, so after puking up a little water, and taking a 30sec breather I was fine for the rest of the flight.

What I would have given for a 30sec breather! My instructor and I could only communicate with "I'm fine give me more!" or "Sick! stop please, back to base" - we didn't agree on how to communicate the need for a breather with the translator on the ground before the flight. I was in very rough shape by the end as a result. Did you have an oxygen mask on? Where did the "water" go? :)

6. The G-suit is nice to were and is extremly helpful. It has airtubes running through it, and is conected to the plane by a pneumatic fitting. As the plane pulls g's the suit automatically fills with air, and squeezes your lower body to help keep your blood in your upper body.

Did you actually notice this working? I didn't at all, but they insisted on the ground afterwards that it must have been.

7. G's do not feel that good once you pass about 3.5. I'm sure with training it becomes very managable, but I don't think you would ever say "I like pulling 7+ g's.

I noticed a powerful discomfort threshold at 2-2.5 Gs, after which it didn't make much difference any further all the way up to 4.5. The oxygen mask gave me the most grief, closely followed by equilibrium. It also seemed to me that I could move my head to look around at 4.5 Gs without any problem - my G-related issues seemed restricted to arms, legs and stomach, and were actually pretty fun to experience. Like being weightless in space, in reverse. Did you try moving your head at 5.5G? Did the plane vibrate past around 3 G?

MIG-29 UB Which is a 2 seat trainer. I was in the back seat, which unfortunately did not have and working MFD or a HUD

Looks like an unusual equipment fit, non-standard for a MiG-29UB. I had a HUD repeater (that seemed quite laggy) but wasn't allowed to take my camera into the air, and despite earlier promises, it didn't look like the RWR was turned on. Did you have an RWR?

Brit is correct. The left gauge is the alpha and the right is the G meter. I found it difficult to take pictures during maneuvers, as the camera (and my arm) started to get a bit heavy, so this pic was taken later on, but the small needle shows the max g limit reached for the flight, and the large is the current load. Both were at 1 when we took off.

Did you monitor the fuel load? How long was the flight? I'm interested how much time you spent in afterburner, and how much fuel it consumed. My flight was about 30 minutes and burned most of the fuel load without any AB.

Nice guy, and he spoke some english.

Lucky you.. :)

Did you perform a vertical loop?

-SK

Wooaaw, I almost missed this thread!

Thank you very much for sharing this :rolleyes: .

I definitely have to do this one time in my lifetime too.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3558/35rightpanel3powerup5wv.jpg

Looks like you had external fuel tanks loaded on that mig29!

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

A couple more pics, and also posted links to the the MIG-29OVT, and Su-30MK performance vids under their respective photos. (these vids are currently hosted at a very slow speed, on another website so some might have seen them, but if not make sure to grab it while its up, they are truely amazing!)

I believe these vids were taken on friday which is the same day I took the most pics. You can see the similar views between the vid and my Su-30MK shots.

b1brolling5ea.th.jpg

B1-B Rolling...

heloka50andka525zj.th.jpg

Ka-50 and Ka-52

sukhoi3ship4727sk30rolling23me.th.jpg

Sukhoi 3 Ship take off

mig29ovtwheelsup5av.th.jpg

MIG-29OVT Take-off.

mig29ovtwindmillseq62au.th.jpg

MIG-29OVT Windmill maneuver. (notice the smoke trail)

mirage2000d54ng.th.jpg

Mirage 2000D

russianknights76xo.th.jpg

Russian Knights hard bank 1

russianknights56tf.th.jpg

Russian Knights hard bank 2.

su27sktailslideseq18og.th.jpg

Su-27SK Tailslide seq 1

su27sktailslideseq58eu.th.jpg

Su-27SK Tailslide seq 2

su27sktailslideseqsingle6cf.th.jpg

Su-27SK Tailslide

su30mk194js.th.jpg

Su-30MK Knife's edge

su30mk245if.th.jpg

Su-30MK Inbound for landing.

swifts28uh.th.jpg

Swifts flare burst

is this ok?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ruggbutt

Last week on comms I asked LOC if he had dreams about his flight in the Mig. He said no, but that he had dreams of doing it again. He said that he was sensory overloaded so he thought that a second flight he'd be more in "tune" with the a/c and what was going on around him.

Sorry Swing, I had forgot to post to your last questions....:P

1. You are probably right about the SAM, I didn't catch the # on it.

2a. The mirrors seemed as useful as they are in LOMAC :P I didn't fold down the forward mirror to see ahead, but the rear mirrors didn't provide much view at all.

2b. I remember 3 things the pilot pointed to and told me not to touch....

donttouch12hj.th.jpg

1. Ejection handles

donttouch29ia.th.jpg

2. Not sure what it was, but it was down by my left shin. (also painted red)

donttouch32xh.th.jpg

3. Not sure what it was, but it was near the A/G weapons controls on the left panel. (also painted red)

3. The feeling of afterburners is just pure power! I was giggling like a schoolgirl on take off and when we pushed up to supersonic. You can hear the burners kick in, as well as feel additional vibrations through out the A/C.

4. Yes the cabin pressure and comms (which were hot the whole flight) were the dominant sounds, but you could feel the engines. I honestly can't remember if I could hear them or not? Something I found very interesting was when coming out of burner it felt like hitting the brakes in a car and going from 60-0mph on a small off-ramp.

5. During the suit fitting I sat in front of a mirror with the O2 mask on and practiced putting it on and taking it off. It is completely detachable on both sides and then there are additional tighteners to fit it securely. I could loosen the mask and remove one side in about 2 secs. Putting it back on w/o the mirror was a bit harder. There was an airsickness bag wedged into a metal slot by my right knee. It was very convenient :)

6. Yes the working of "G-suit" was very obvious. It tightened to some degree with all G increases.

7. I felt the most discomfort in my eyes if you can believe it, after that it was my chest. I don't think I tried to move too much at 5.5g’s; I was more thinking "Holy shit! I hope I don’t black out!" Yes the plane was vibrating if I remember correctly.

8. None of the combat related features were operational.

9. We started with just over 3000 and ended up at about 900. I think we were in AB for about 4-5 min total when you combine everything.

10. We performed the following maneuvers......

Aileron rolls left, and right.

Double aileron left

Knife-edge left

50degree climb in AB

Various left and right banks from 30-90 degrees

Vertical loop at 5.5g's

Tail slide

Mach 1.2

*Officially I was told they no longer perform the cobra because it is too hard on the airframe :?, but unofficially I was told that too many people were blacking out. Not sure which is correct but we did not do it :(

The pilot was very cool, and his English was sufficient.

is this ok?

Sorry Swing, I had forgot to post to your last questions....:P

1. You are probably right about the SAM, I didn't catch the # on it.

2a. The mirrors seemed as useful as they are in LOMAC :P I didn't fold down the forward mirror to see ahead, but the rear mirrors didn't provide much view at all.

2b. I remember 3 things the pilot pointed to and told me not to touch....

1. Ejection handles

2. Not sure what it was, but it was down by my left shin. (also painted red)

3. Not sure what it was, but it was near the A/G weapons controls on the left panel. (also painted red)

3. The feeling of afterburners is just pure power! I was giggling like a schoolgirl on take off and when we pushed up to supersonic. You can hear the burners kick in, as well as feel additional vibrations through out the A/C.

4. Yes the cabin pressure and comms (which were hot the whole flight) were the dominant sounds, but you could feel the engines. I honestly can't remember if I could hear them or not? Something I found very interesting was when coming out of burner it felt like hitting the brakes in a car and going from 60-0mph on a small off-ramp.

5. During the suit fitting I sat in front of a mirror with the O2 mask on and practiced putting it on and taking it off. It is completely detachable on both sides and then there are additional tighteners to fit it securely. I could loosen the mask and remove one side in about 2 secs. Putting it back on w/o the mirror was a bit harder. There was an airsickness bag wedged into a metal slot by my right knee. It was very convenient :)

6. Yes the working of "G-suit" was very obvious. It tightened to some degree with all G increases.

7. I felt the most discomfort in my eyes if you can believe it, after that it was my chest. I don't think I tried to move too much at 5.5g’s; I was more thinking "Holy shit! I hope I don’t black out!" Yes the plane was vibrating if I remember correctly.

8. None of the combat related features were operational.

9. We started with just over 3000 and ended up at about 900. I think we were in AB for about 4-5 min total when you combine everything.

Double aileron left

Knife-edge left

50degree climb in AB

Vertical loop at 5.5g's

Tail slide

Mach 1.2

*Officially I was told they no longer perform the cobra because it is too hard on the airframe :?, but unofficially I was told that too many people were blacking out. Not sure which is correct but we did not do it :(

The pilot was very cool, and his English was sufficient.

Thanks for the helpful info Locsta. I was also wondering which sounds were dominant in the cabin during flight.

s77banner9wh.jpg

Guest ruggbutt
Thanks for the helpful info Locsta. I was also wondering which sounds were dominant in the cabin during flight.

I'd bet LOC squealing with glee was the predominant sound.

Double aileron left

Knife-edge left

50degree climb in AB

Vertical loop at 5.5g's

Tail slide

Mach 1.2

COOOOOL!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Guest IguanaKing

More great pics, LOC. Still loving that KNS80 in the pit, and it looks like an empty GX55 rack above it. :icon_jook BTW...the handle in the third pic appears to say Emergency Braking (or something along those lines ;) )