The Virtual Horsemen

VH-Rock

Damn I missed the show today. Hopefully I'll can catch you next time. You can show how to fly this bird proper. :-P

Don't ask me for advice on these Two Subjects:

1.. How to Take Off in the Dora!

2.. How to Land the Dora!

UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIE!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sharpe, Last night was not really a VH Public server as there was only myself from VH in the server. Also, I normally lead but took to opportunity to get some practice on wing last night for the first time in DCS. It's probably worth dropping by when there are 2 or 3 of us from VH as that should give you a better idea :)

In other news, how about a P-38?

7.png

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Glad to see Janie and Marinell out and about. :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Imagine if every time you destroyed your aircraft, it would stay that way and require another activation to repair. People would be a lot more careful about their virtual aircraft! :D

Edited by Blaze

Don't give ED ideas now!

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

lol, what a thought! I'm sure I wouldn't even try to take off... :D

By the way, Accu-Sim programmed their Mustang in a similar way (Video). It won't be lost when you crash, but you cannot just pick a new aircraft after a flight. You have to deal with consumed fuel, oil, hydraulics and oxygen and refill it if necessary. If your plane is damaged somewhere, you have to repair it or the damage will affect your next flight (As far as I could see it doesn't cost you virtual money to keep your aircraft running).

In my opinion it's a pretty cool feature. :)

Fly safe!

Indeed, that feature is pretty cool!

Edited by Groove

Indeed, that feature is pretty cool!

Yeah, it sounds cool, but I have found that rebuilding the engine before each flight (which takes 2 seconds) is the best way to avoid problems. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Agreed. Something to think about. :)

Usually I'd disagree with the pedantic side of flight simming, but in this case I have to admit I love that feature. Continuity between flights across a consistent set of aircraft tail/serial numbers would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting that, Marc :)

We are both very much looking forward to flying at this years VFAT event and, we hope, putting on a great show that everyone will enjoy. From now up until the show, we will be providing regular training updates to show our progress. It's also worth noting that VFAT 2012 will be debut with The Virtual Horsemen at a live show.

More soon!

Edited by SkateZilla

A very solid 2 hour training session last night! We focussed on the Roll and the Cuban for most of that time, but managed to throw in a few loops as well. More training is scheduled for over the weekend and work on our VFAT 2012 Promo has begun - hopefully it will be released soon.

We've really ramped up our training to ensure that we will be ready for VFAT this year and, after last night, there is no doubt that we will be. We'll post some more images soon but, right now, our new promo has priority. Maybe I could post a few captures from the up coming video?

• 1 month later...

This weekend, once again you will be witnessing the biggest virtual airshow, the Virtual Festival of Aerobatic Teams 2012!

The Virtual Horsemen will also be participating, after a two year absence, we will be returning with our first Duo display on Digital Combat Simulator: P-51D. Our display will be on Friday at 5PM GMT, we hope to see you all there!

Keep in touch with our facebook page for more updates as we enter the final preparation stage! https://www.facebook.com/thevirtualhorsemen

VFAT Livestream url: http://www.livestream.com/virtualairshows

For more information about VFAT, time schedules, and the participating teams, visit http://www.virtual-airshows.com

Edited by VH-SkyHawk