Cobra down in Top Gear filming

power5

Didn't even know there was a Korean version of Top Gear.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2012/03/04/helicopter-crash-caught-on-camera.cnn

Looks like pilot error to me. See Helicopters do not just blow up anytime they touch the ground a bit too hard.

Glad everyone was okay.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Lucky, crashing helicopters are scary things!

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Yeah easy there with assumptions based on a few second video.

From PPrune:

************************************************************ ********************

** Notice created 3/2/2012 Notice 1 **

************************************************************ ********************

IDENTIFICATION

Regis#: 197LE Make/Model: AH-1 Description: BELL HELICOPTER

Date: 03/01/2012 Time: 1811

Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N

Damage: Substantial

City: COOLIDGE State: AZ Country: US

DESCRIPTION

AIRCRAFT ENCOUNTERED A HYDCRAULIC FAILURE AND CRASHED

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0

# Crew: 2 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

# Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

OTHER DATA

Activity: Business Phase: Unknown Operation: OTHER

FAA FSDO: SCOTTSDALE, AZ (WP07) Entry date: 03/02/2012

Wtf was the pilot thinking!!!

Oh, come on man :wallbash:

There wasn't time to think: mechanical/hidraulic (probably rotor) failure @ low altitude means: sudden crash (usually) :doh:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/top-gear-korea-cobra-helicopter-turbines-fail-crashes-in-arizona-desert-video.html

... and with the low altitude part of the equation, things went from bad to ugly in seconds.

Edited by NRG-Vampire
http://www.leftlanenews.com

sign-pic4.jpg

Looks like pilot error to me. See Helicopters do not just blow up anytime they touch the ground a bit too hard.

It's true. Helicopters only blow up when pilot error is involved.

:doh:

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

It's true. Helicopters only blow up when pilot error is involved.

:doh:

I did not mean anything. Just looked like pilot error to me due to the slow speed and low altitude, I figured he had pushed forward too far and did not have enough lift.

Helicopter almost always blows up in BS. That was my main point of the comment. Also pretty sure as with any accident blame is not immediately placed on the correct party. I know I have heard excuses from people who cause accidents claiming a different scenario.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Vortex ring state anyone....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Every accident is cause by a series of events, never just one thing. From human factors to mechanical problems or all of them at once

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

And we won't know what cause the hydraulic failure until the investigation is complete.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 5 weeks later...