Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Thrustmaster Hornet?

Do you think TM will make a HOTAS for the new ED sim? I'm tempted to get the TM Warthog but don't want to get it if a F-18 HOTAS could be coming out soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First to Fight, First to Strike.

I'm just gonna configure my HOTAS to whatever plane they bring up. Otherwise the wife would have my nuts :). I fly Apache air assault with it,no problem.

Edited by Kalahari

System Specs :

Processor ; Intel®Core i7-3930 CPU@ 3.20GHz.

RAM -16.0 GB

Type-64bit

GPU-GTX 970

Never eject over a village you've just bombed - US Marines Gen.

Do you think TM will make a HOTAS for the new ED sim? I'm tempted to get the TM Warthog but don't want to get it if a F-18 HOTAS could be coming out soon.

F15 has the same style, so they couldn't go wrong with it. I'd buy just the stick, not the whole package

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Highly unlikely for them to produce two high-end, low-volume products. Especially since it would be a tough sell at the same $500 price point when the warthog is currently available for much less. About the only way to pull it off and make money would be to stop producing the warthog.

EDIT: I would actually expect them to produce a set of pedals before another $500 stick/throttle combo.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I gave in and bought Warthog HOTAS after Falcon BMS was released, and I became reasonably sure that next DCS will be F-18 (plus my old stick was getting peaky anyway).

Twin throttles suits Hornet, and not sure I'd be missing any functionality that the actual Hornet HOTAS has - there'd be TARGET profiles up within days.

Where does everyone get off assuming the next jet will be a Hornet? Getting old...

Don't look at me!!:huh:

I'm still not convinced that the first Flying Legends plane is going to be the P-51D.:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

They might make something in about 10 years.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

• 3 weeks later...
Where does everyone get off assuming the next jet will be a Hornet? Getting old...

Because... hope is the last to die

Yes.... vekinho... im an Hornet wankers!! and I am proud

Edited by Pegaso69

www.69squadrone.it

GigaByte X58A-UD7 rev 2.0 -- Intel i7 950 3.06 Ghz (OC 3.20) -- Geforce GTX 750Ti -- DDR3 Corsair 2000 mhz 12 GB -- HD SSD Crucial 1Tb --

HD WD raptor SATA2 150 GB x 10000 rpm -- Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W -- Windows 7 Professional 64bit --

Hotas Cougar n° 01909 -- Hotas Warthog n° 08070 -- Console MFD self made with X-key -- Monitor DELL 24 Inch

please... please... please... let next DCS module be a F18 :worthy:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cause we're Hornet wankers! :joystick:

Because... hope is the last to die

Yes.... vekinho... im an Hornet wankers!! and I am proud

Hey I'd happily label myself as a Hornet... wanker? :D I just don't get my hopes up based on experience.

This won t gonna happen. If you look at the throttle structure, its sun systems far away from plug and pray, much less plug and play which is necessary for safety reasons agaisnt "dummies".

Other TM wasted lots on money to make a production line, its too freaking soon for them to release another product that may cut the grass of the warthog.

Promises of gripsfor TM Cougars never happened under the somewhat valid excuse of tech failures of the Cougar. But this is an ever valid argument as tech evolve.

So not designed to it.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.