DCS World: The new stuff

Grimes

Someone try a multiplayer mission in singleplayer. Let us know if anything interesting happens.

Very nice, I was halfway expecting the Georgian Oil War campaign to come with client Ka-50s built into it...

In other news, at least for the host, client aircraft can now have wingmen. And they de-spawn/respawn with the player.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering the same thing :D

Then I realised it looked like the F-15 HUD... could be hinting that FC3 is going to be part of DCS World just

it's not hinting at anything, it's an obvious conclusion.

Great post Grimes.

I really like this one:

F10 view can now be limited to "Fog of War". Unknown how it is implemented, assume similar to Starcraft or other RTS.

This was desperately needed in Battle Commander back in the day when we were playing around with it in A-10C beta. It's good to see that ED implemented it, because if not, I was going to have to do it myself.

[*] Group Sound/Message - Sends a group either a text or audio message. Same function as Coalition or Country Sound/Message

Not new, it's been around since 1.1.1.0, I think. I've been using group message for some time now.

[*] Radio Beacon Unit/Zone - Specifies an audio sound to be broadcast from a specific unit or zone. Can specify AM/FM, frequency in Khz, Power in Watts, and whether or not it loops.

[*] Set Briefing - Allows you to set a new image and briefing text for Red, Blue, or offline (general briefing). Currently unknown whether it replaces the briefing or adds to the briefing.

These two are awesome features, for sure.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Main Menus

A "special" tab is located in the options menu but currently has nothing.

Once you buy and install the P-51D module, it has some Mustang-specific options in it (autorudder, etc.)

On a different note, warehouses and resupply? Sounds very interesting! A step toward some kind of dynamic missions? "Dynamic Campaign", even? :thumbup:

--NoJoe

FC3 plugging into the DCS World would be something that gets me to buy it unquestionably.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Yeah no problems here.

Nate

Hmm I have such window:

as yoy see can't assign Shkval to mouse axes :{

iMCN59CuVqwUy.jpg

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

In the first thread of this sub-forum, Wags has written: "DCS World will be updated as DCS evolves with changes to the rendering system,...".

So, will it be possible to switch between new terrain engine coming with Nevada terrain and old engine with 'Crimea'?

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

he is saying look at the mouse list and it wont allow the axis to be bound to it..

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Anyone else noticing some changes to some of the airports? For example, it looks like the taxiway layout at Batumi has been updated. :D

--NoJoe

All I've managed so far at Batumi is this.

Screen_120430_212508.thumb.jpg.21e28c696054753f2e759e4cf2cc8b47.jpg

Haven't managed to check the taxiways out yet. :D

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

I saw many videos of people's landings on youtube. The problems are: you are landing too fast, with wrong AOA and too hardly. Remember your wheels are soft, unlike the A-10C's ones. Also remember that you have a rotor in front of the plane, so try to not break it.

Edited by secret1962

­­­­­­

Is ED planning to release tolls (API's, frameworks, etc) to allow the community to build content like terrain, objects, airplanes, cockpits, etc?

That is the goal - the change to the Core system with DCS:-World is the first part of facilitating this. There are currently 3d modelling tools for 3d studio - I've no idea when terrain tools etc might follow.

Nate

That is the goal - the change to the Core system with DCS:-World is the first part of facilitating this. There are currently 3d modelling tools for 3d studio - I've no idea when terrain tools etc might follow.

Nate

Nice, I hope to see this one day in the future. This will turn DCS into more of a "sandbox" sim, where the comunity can help ED build combat environments from all eras...

Another possibly new thing in DCS World, at least I don't remember seeing it in previous products, bullets riccochet off bodies of water and you can see the secondary splashes when they fall back down.

If you have a multi player mission, and start it in single player or in the editor, you get a list of clients to pick what plane you want to be, so you dont' have to set 1 as player for testing

If you have a multi player mission, and start it in single player or in the editor, you get a list of clients to pick what plane you want to be, so you dont' have to set 1 as player for testing

This also means you can design single player missions with multiple aircraft (even of different types) and provide the player with a variety of scenarios to fly, such as take part in different flights within the same mission.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

This also means you can design single player missions with multiple aircraft (even of different types) and provide the player with a variety of scenarios to fly, such as take part in different flights within the same mission.

And choose which side to fight on.

Nate