Show me your mad dogfighting skills!

Wags

No better guide to air to air combat than Robert Shaw's book. I just bought it, and it's really a must read to real and sim pilots alike, specially on DCS level.

I will need this one lol ... im more used on modern air combat fight even if i have a complete admiration for the old pilot times.

Damn, a Jet is really more easy to fly in thoses close combat fight of a propellers...

Edited by Lane

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

damn im glad im not the only one having issues against the AI pilots, Online kills seem pretty fair with similar techniques etc, Scored a few kills too, But never have i even scored one hit on the AI aircraft. Seems almost impossible how hard they can turn yet carry so much energy in turns :-/ Maybe its just me

• ED Team
damn im glad im not the only one having issues against the AI pilots, Online kills seem pretty fair with similar techniques etc, Scored a few kills too, But never have i even scored one hit on the AI aircraft. Seems almost impossible how hard they can turn yet carry so much energy in turns :-/ Maybe its just me

Do not worry - we are working on the AI for final release, to make them human rather than super-human!

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

• ED Team

I think that this post must be added to DCS P-51 FAQ not to be hidden under tons of forum posts! :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1449296&postcount=16

THe most useful and clear hints for dogfighting.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Do not worry - we are working on the AI for final release, to make them human rather than super-human!

This sounds good - some variety and hopefully still some choices (between a terminator and a rookie) - I'm sure what ever changes are being made will be a further improvement on what is already a truly outstanding module.

Thanks

Oh good im glad. I was expecting to get flamed by some ace telling me i was doing something wrong

Hi R1pe,

Hope you're good.

Is this one addressed to me mate? It's a little ambiguous, but seems to be both barbed, and pointed at me? I do hope I'm mistaken? It has more than a touch of the banana forums to it!

If so I haven't told any highly respected fellow member of this forum, yourself included, that they're doing anything wrong! ??? I'm confuesd?

Your post made me review ALL my own posts to check that I had't done something stupid:) I'm so glad you're not a Mod or Ed team member otherwise I'd be questioning my own judgment:) I was told off by Sobek just the other day:(

However I do have alot of enthusiasm for this module. And as such have posted frequently, initialy asking for help, and then trying to help others... ...that have asked for help. Plus I have wanted to keep some momentum up with this new and exciting departue ED have made. Taildraggers (and specifically A2A) is my passion you see, and this is the best by far! And it hints at amazing possibilities for the future.

Incidentally, and possibly like yourself I'm not new to this forum or to DCS - having many 100's of hours on both the KA50 and the A10C - just new to trying to contribute to it's momentum.

Anyway I haven't meant to be patronising or condescending in any of my posts to you, or anyone else, just very enthusiastic! My sincere apologies if it has appeared differently, if so my enthusiasm has got the better of me.

If I take your comments at face value then it appears that like me, you're fairly new to this forum? And again like me you're not sure of all the forum etiquet, perhaps? So if you're msg was indeed intended for me, perhaps next time you could PM me, it will be less embarrassing for both of us - thanks.

If your msg was not for me then I apologise once more. Hopefully you were just being very very unclear:)

Sincerely the very best & S!

V

Thanks for the 'ace' bit tho:) :)

It'd be good to get this thread moving again...

Too much tumble weed already:)

Does anyone have a vid or anything OT they can post?

It'd be good to get this thread moving again - I'll post something if no one else does, but would prefer not to for the mo.

Anymore MP stuff? There must be some good scrapping going on somewhere surely?

I recon there's gotta be a few COD people looking here for an alternative right now I guess?

Re SP - I know the AI is being reworked but there's still some darned good sport to be had:) I'm currently playing with 4v4 & going to test 8v8, if my rig can handle it (looking good with 8v4 so far). Lots of opportunities to practise shooting (which I need), and zooming tactics etc. if I survive the first few mins.

The Ai do go a bit suicidal after they've 'killed' once at the moment, but if they're re-engaged then they seem to snap out of it, so far anyways.

Anyway if somebody can get this thread moving again it would be good:) And I'll go do my 100 hour checks:)

Respect

I got lucky if anyones interested.

Sorry it's not HD.

Gotta work on shooting straight.

I was going to post up my video but it looks nearly identical to this one. I find that yeah the AI are UBER, but I can actually keep up with the loop routine they pull. Its when the go into that climb and do a 180 roll half way up, thats when they are going to do a hammer head on you. I have yet to find a way to keep up with that. I have gotten very close and managed to get my prey to started spraying, but that so far is the hardest manuever to counter for me.

I have actually gotten 5 kills now on AI, I do have to set them to heavy and me to light. That seems to be the only thing keeping them within reach and even then its a crap shoot.

Great Game, if DCS realized a gold mine they were sitting on in the WWII genre, they would make a killing. This "Beta" runs 100X better then the other latest WWII sim out there, and the fidelity in P-51 is amazing. With more to come as well!!!

Come on DCS give us a German Air Force pack, Ill buy it for 40bucks!! A sweet Europe map would also be sweet.

Too much tumble weed alreadysmile.gif

It'd be good to get this thread moving again - I'll post something if no one else does, but would prefer not to for the mo.

I recon there's gotta be a few COD people looking here for an alternative right now I guess?

Re SP - I know the AI is being reworked but there's still some darned good sport to be hadsmile.gif I'm currently playing with 4v4 & going to test 8v8, if my rig can handle it (looking good with 8v4 so far). Lots of opportunities to practise shooting (which I need), and zooming tactics etc. if I survive the first few mins.

The Ai do go a bit suicidal after they've 'killed' once at the moment, but if they're re-engaged then they seem to snap out of it, so far anyways.

Anyway if somebody can get this thread moving again it would be goodsmile.gif And I'll go do my 100 hour checkssmile.gif

Respect

Its funny you say this, because COD drove me to the brink of madness with its crashes, stutters and total crap FM's. I found it just enfuriating that they paid so much attention to make sure the RAF planes were terrible and they have barely touches the 109's to curd their rocket engine motors.

Me and a friend made the jump to here, we are blown away by how hard it is. But that is what we were looking for. I just pray to the video game gods, that they come to DCS devs in a dream and tell them to develop an entire WWII pack for the community. It would pull the rug right out from under 1C. As it seems that they are either drunk while coding or, are incompetent. Either way I think DCS just looks better, let alone does everything else better. Just gimme a 109 to chase. Or a 190!!!! or a ZERO!!! ANYTHING!!!

Edited by Michaelski

Too much tumble weed already:)

Re SP - I know the AI is being reworked but there's still some darned good sport to be had:) I'm currently playing with 4v4 & going to test 8v8, if my rig can handle it (looking good with 8v4 so far). Lots of opportunities to practise shooting (which I need), and zooming tactics etc. if I survive the first few mins.

Anyway if somebody can get this thread moving again it would be good:) And I'll go do my 100 hour checks:)

Respect

No this was not aimed at you buddy lol, I find when you ask a question on allot of forums regardless of the subject, There will always be someone whos out there to flame/attack. It seems im very wrong with this forum :), Have to bump into each other in the air sometime :)

P.S.... I quoted the wrong bit oops

No worries R1pe - it's forgotten already :thumbup: respect for coming back to me tho.

Some MP stuff planned next - have tangled a bit on the servers, well good fun :) but need Tspeak / new mic. + to work out how it all works - WIP. See you round buddy & Cheers.

By the way thanks Michaelski:) agreed with alot of what you said:) ...ED are sitting on a potential goldmine here!

Now any vids anyone??! But preferrably not mine...!:)

For the love of.......!! Even I'm sick of seeing my name as the last poster on this thread:doh:

V signing off from this thread (for a some...time...:))

Great Game, if DCS realized a gold mine they were sitting on in the WWII genre, they would make a killing. This "Beta" runs 100X better then the other latest WWII sim out there, and the fidelity in P-51 is amazing. With more to come as well!!!

Ah yes, I sez to meself. I know that every WWII era buff will fall in love with this product and see the massive promise it offers.

I just pray to the video game gods, that they come to DCS devs in a dream and tell them to develop an entire WWII pack for the community. ... Either way I think DCS just looks better, let alone does everything else better. Just gimme a 109 to chase. Or a 190!!!! or a ZERO!!! ANYTHING!!!

Just hang on a tootin' bloomin' minute there son! A video game this ain't. :doh:

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Am going to try to duke it out with AI above 10,000 and will post a vid later tonight.

waiting for the beta 3 first poster anxiously. could you show the equiment changes too?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

The AI doesn't hit warp drive and go vertical on me anymore. I honestly think they took that button away from it. Yippy... The bad part is they gave it weed. Watch the vid and tell me it wasn't high.

OfuVrdrvmwg

WildBill,

I'm not sure I understand your post. Equipment changes and I thought we're on beta 2, no?

Edited by leafer

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

The AI doesn't hit warp drive and go vertical on me anymore. I honestly think they took that button away from it. Yippy... The bad part is they gave it weed. Watch the vid and tell me it wasn't high.

J67zomVPcgo

WildBill,

I'm not sure I understand your post. Equipment changes and I thought we're on beta 2, no?

I meant show us the new stuff like the shake, etc..

Anyways, HAHAHAHAHA!!! You really hate the AI don't ya?:D All the way to the runway..:megalol:

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I took down that vid because of the screen jittering, and will upload a proper one in about an hour or so.

I used to but I don't hate the AI anymore. :D In case no one caught it, the AI gave up fighting in the middle of the fight and made beeline for the runway. It did this before 1.2, calling it quit in the middle of a fight, but only because its plane was leaking fuel from rounds. This time it just quit without taking any hit. One explanation is it was smoking weed and thought fireflies were after it. :D

EDIT:

took all day to upload one video...wow. In the post below:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1505000&postcount=140

Edited by leafer

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I took down that vid because of the screen jittering, and will upload a proper one in about an hour or so.

I used to but I don't hate the AI anymore. :D In case no one caught it, the AI gave up fighting in the middle of the fight and made beeline for the runway. It did this before 1.2, calling it quit in the middle of a fight, but only because its plane was leaking fuel from rounds. This time it just quit without taking any hit. One explanation is it was smoking weed and thought fireflies were after it. :D

MEGALOL! HAHAHAHAHA!!!:megalol::lol:

• ED Team

Kacha at training.

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Much easier to kill AI now. It still jumps on me if I make a mistake, but if I fly clean and don't mess up I can get it close to 100% now :)

Now just have to learn to shoot accurately.

PS. the 1.2.0 patch was a bit of a shock, suddenly finding if I pull too hard out of a high speed dive the wings fall off!

• Like 1

Much easier to kill AI now. It still jumps on me if I make a mistake, but if I fly clean and don't mess up I can get it close to 100% now :)

Now just have to learn to shoot accurately.

PS. the 1.2.0 patch was a bit of a shock, suddenly finding if I pull too hard out of a high speed dive the wings fall off!

Great Video!

Question: Is it being played back at 1x or accelerated time?

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Here a video of my last dogfight.

Default Instant Mission Dogfight agains the AI.

Raw and unedited dogfight, return to base and landing.

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

Nice going Budgiesmuggler!

I aint no expert but that looked pretty surgical - and glad I'm not the only one breaking the wings off occasionally:music_whistling: That change has been catching me out, amongst others.

x2 speed seemed to match your tenacity:D

Loved the walkaway at the end :)

• ED Team

Another portion of gun camera video.