Possible new DCS World 3rd party ports

Airbuster

The title almost says it all. If you have favorite combat aircraft done for some other platforms (FSX, Xplane, Flight Gear, etc. civie sim you can't use weapons in) and you want to be ported in DCS world, what would it be? Here is some of my selection:

http://www.simskunkworks.102virtual.org/

http://www.f111-fsx.com/

http://www.lotussim.com/

You can already try to import planes to DCS world as far as I heard.

You can rip off the 3d model and replace existing one in DCS. But that's not the case here.

I'm talking about official port done from the original creators with collaboration with ED.

You can rip off the 3d model and replace existing one in DCS. But that's not the case here.

I'm talking about official port done from the original creators with collaboration with ED.

Start emailing and badgering these Devs - if they aren't aware of the demand they can't get involved.

Nate

Would love the Lotus Sims L-39, and the VRS Superbug. The future is exciting :D

Yesss. Someone needs to contact VRS and falcon team and see if their interested in becoming 3rd party devlopers... That is unless the next DCS fighter IS a falcon or horrnet then they may not be necessary:smilewink:

I dont know fellas, I was told by several guys that right now there is a server running DCS world that has 2 HUMAN players on it flying a tight formation in......

F-15 Strike Eagles.....

Makes you wonder.......

I just saw it myself...now the cat is out of the bag.

Looks like someone is breaking their NDA would be my guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Well, if that is what the 'cat' looks like then I want first dibs on kittens!!:D

...and they can have my pre-order money right now for two copies!

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Looks like someone is breaking their NDA would be my guess.

"scripts\aircrafts\_common" is there to be modified to create stuff like that.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Yea that looks IDENTICAL to the IRIS F-15 Strike Eagle payware model for FSX.... right down the the tail numbers and sounds..... tsk tsk.....

No, it looks identical to the F-15E that is already in the sim of which the skin and tail number used in that video are both the default skin and tail number when you place an F-15E into the mission editior....

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Yea that looks IDENTICAL to the IRIS F-15 Strike Eagle payware model for FSX.... right down the the tail numbers and sounds..... tsk tsk.....

Are you kidding me? I just made the DCS Strike Eagle flyable. Wow..... :music_whistling:

• Like 1

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Start emailing and badgering these Devs - if they aren't aware of the demand they can't get involved.

Nate

Milviz and Vrsimulations should be getting plenty of E-mails if that is the case.:thumbup::thumbup:.

Also i wonder how the Two Pilot thing would work in the game with two seaters such as this.

Edited by RoaringBones

Milviz and Vrsimulations should be getting plenty of E-mails if that is the case.:thumbup::thumbup:.

Also i wonder how the Two Pilot thing would work in the game with two seaters such as this.

Actually a way to solve that issue, not exactly simple, is a minor one. You can have a software VPN connection occur when two people join an aircraft together. All AC related data is transferred between the two players. Both players receive world-updates from the server. The player that is the pilot sends AC updates to the server.

I think this would be the best way to limit data traffic to and from the server as well as getting updates to all players in a reasonable time.

The software VPN could be totally transparent to the user as the server/host already knows the public IPs. Simply add in another port that will need to be open that would be used for the VPN connection.

Edited by Revelation

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Are you kidding me? I just made the DCS Strike Eagle flyable. Wow..... :music_whistling:

I can vouch for Blaze....

Making planes flyable in DCS: World is pretty darn easy if you know what you are doing. I've also done it myself.

Come on people, its easy.

Open mission editor

Place ANY plane on the map

set pilot skill to client

Save the mission

Run the Multiplayer.exe

Make either a LAN or Internet server and hop in the plane.

As far as i know all planes you make flyable this way use the SU-25T cockpit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Yea but I mean you could also make a ufo and bring it to DCS world.

You can make anything you want and put it in the DCS world, if you know how.;)

But, that is not, repeat, is not what happened here.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: