DCS P-51D QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Hi Hoot

I've been doing some long climbing test flights to see how this complex engine management hangs together.

First thing and as you're doing already is very shortly after take off (procedure is at 500AGL) reduce RPM to 2700 AND also the MP down to at or below 46' - I've been taking off with both the manual radiator switches to fully open (just B4 T/O) - there was talk of a wee bug which inhibited auto radiators unless cycled first(?) Anyway - I don't find the auto feature responsive enough at the mo so use manual settings at the moment anyway.

Be aware that you need to hold those manual radiator switches down for the duration of operation i.e. about 10-15 seconds from closed to open (depending on which switch). This caught me out to start with.

I usually initially climb at about 40' MP but I'm practising with a very heavily laden pony & I'm also being very cautious.

As Echo says if you climb at lower than 170IAS then this has a very strong and practically immediate effect on cooling airflow through the radiators and is unsustainable for any length of time.

Medic,

I saw the same issue, my install told me the file was corrupt, I looked at the file size of my completed download and compared to the files on the FTP, I noticed a big difference in size so I downloaded again and that fixed my problem, file sizes now matched.

Thanks

Thanks for the excellent advice fellows! You are absolutely right.

I too came to P-51D from Cliffs of Dover and and I just wasn't prepared for the complexity of this model vs. that one. With your help and a little practice I'm getting the hang of it.

P51 GUI fuel tank management screen??

Hi All,

Am I right in thinking that something like the above exists?

I'm sure I've seen it mentioned here in passing, but have looked back through posts, but 'needle in haystack' springsd to mind.

Also checked the GUI, options, key assignments, and still no dice - anyone?:helpsmilie:

Hi All,

Am I right in thinking that something like the above exists?

Other than the ME screen where you determine loadout, no.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm not precisely sure what you mean, Viamanaman, but if you're asking about options to set your fuel load, I only know of two. The mission editor, as Cichlidfan mentioned, is one of them, and the in-game refuelling window is the other. Neither allows you to specify which tanks are filled first, but I believe it uses the sensible method of filling the wing tanks equally first, and then the fuselage tank. (I haven't tested this extensively, however.)

Thanks Guys,

I'm not sure what it is that I've seen mentioned then!?! - it must be the in-game refuelling window I guess? I knew I should have explored it when I saw it! Haven't done any on-field refuelling yet.

All I want to do is set a precise amount in the fuselage tank - I'll use trial and error! Maths would do it, but maths is not my first language:)

Thanks anyway Gentlemen.

Okay, I'm going to spend my next day off tinkering with the controls as the default is awful. Can anyone recommend a good starting point for the axis sensitivities and curvatures etc for an X52 pro, I have no idea what curvatures are so somewhere to begin would be very helpful indeed. As it stands I barely get out of the dead zone before the P-51 is spinning out of control...

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Pilot head and helmet textures

I am new to the mission builder in DCS and have many questions, today I'd like to ask about the pilot's head and helmet. I noticed some of the plane description files use the Tuskegee head with a modern helmet, browsing thru the world texture files I found several different heads, suits and an old WW2 leather helmet.

First question: I'd like to use the leather helmet in the missions I'm working on, how is that accomplished?

I am also interested in changing the pilots head and suit, once my dds file is created, is the Bazar\World\textures\P-51D directory the correct location to drop my files, I also noticed that all the texture folders are compressed.

If there is a thread that discusses these and other texture modifications please direct me to it, I've searched the forums, but man there is a lot to look thru, I'm sure I missed it somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any help, it's always appreciated.

RT Valley

"Lil'REB"

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=91495

Hi lil' Reb,

I've not tried to post a link to another thread before so if the above doesn't work check out page 8 of this P51 forum, about 5th from the bottom (at the mo).

This should give you a good starting point.

EDIT: Python, I'd love to help but don't use curvatures - so can't begin to help - this 51 is worth persevering with - needs LOTS of practise tho - good luck dude.

Edited by VIMANAMAN

• 3 weeks later...

Taking off

Hi guys, am a newbie here and was wondering when you go to take off,

the engine revs up then kinda of falls off which disables your take off speed.

Am I missing something to get her to full power ?? In practice take off mode it's fine, but when I ramp start it doesn't keep enough power to

lift off. Great sim by the by

• 2 weeks later...
I bought AC 10c 3 weeks ago to find it dead as,lucky the story has a good refund policy.

If you purchased on DVD and used that, an empty server list would be because the version is obsolete. (I think Aussie DVD, if unpatched, is version 1.1.0.8, but I'm not sure. Current version is DCS World 1.2.2. )

A-10C is used actively online as part of DCS World.

As opposed to the previous situation when A-10C was originally released, all aircraft now operate as part of the DCS World program (and A-10C DVD purchases are valid for the relevant DCS World module).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 3 weeks later...
looking for ssome help p-51

Well that is not really a lot to go by, is it? :)

Could you state what the nature of your problem is?

Edit: Ok, i see we had the pleasure already. If you could please stick to one thread instead of hopping all over the place and provide me with the info i need, that would be just the bees knees, thanks. ;)

See my answer in the other thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1645196#post1645196

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

As said in the other thread, you need to press "E" and then advance the throttle fully forward for WEP. As to what else is going wrong, i can't say, my first guess would be that you don't compensate for manifold pressure drop but without a track of your attempt, i am stuck to playing guessing games.

Edit: Second guess would be that your mixture lever is not in AUTO RUN but in EMERGENCY FULL RICH. Do you perform a rampstart prior to each attempt or do you start on the runway/in the air?

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

rudder reversal

I have CH Pedals and the toe brakes will not program correctly. How do I reverse the effect of the toe brakes. When I push down on the Pedals to activate the left or right wheel brake it actually releases the brake. Releasing the pressure on the toe brake activates the brake in the simulation. I did have a Logitech 940G unit and it worked perfectly with this game and IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. But I had a problem with the 940G which Logitech had me return. Then they told me they no longer make the 940G and will send me a refund in 4 to 6 weeks.(that is not nice) In the mean time I am using old controls and have nothing but trouble.

:censored::censored::censored: