DCS P-51D QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

I have CH Pedals and the toe brakes will not program correctly. How do I reverse the effect of the toe brakes. When I push down on the Pedals to activate the left or right wheel brake it actually releases the brake. Releasing the pressure on the toe brake activates the brake in the simulation. I did have a Logitech 940G unit and it worked perfectly with this game and IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. But I had a problem with the 940G which Logitech had me return. Then they told me they no longer make the 940G and will send me a refund in 4 to 6 weeks.(that is not nice) In the mean time I am using old controls and have nothing but trouble.

:censored::censored::censored:

Just a note to anyone who has a suggestion . I have windows 7 64bit as my OS.

I have CH Pedals and the toe brakes will not program correctly. How do I reverse the effect of the toe brakes. When I push down on the Pedals to activate the left or right wheel brake it actually releases the brake. Releasing the pressure on the toe brake activates the brake in the simulation. I did have a Logitech 940G unit and it worked perfectly with this game and IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. But I had a problem with the 940G which Logitech had me return. Then they told me they no longer make the 940G and will send me a refund in 4 to 6 weeks.(that is not nice) In the mean time I am using old controls and have nothing but trouble.

:censored::censored::censored:

Go into options in game where the axis controls are assigned. Select the wheel brakes and click tune axis, then put a check in the invert axis checkbox.

I have no "invert axis box"I reinstalled the current version and still no invert box??????????

This can be easily overlooked. ;)

Go to Options and follow these steps:

Make sure to click on the axis you want to tune first or else the "Axis Tune" button will be inactive.

1143280832_AxisTune_1.jpg.5e5413f0162f0d94291fee358454057b.jpg

1098264620_AxisTune_2.jpg.dbb9543a6b8d45a40e3a25329989d0b0.jpg

Edited by Konrad Friedrich

reinstall P-51 everytime

Am I the only one having prolems? Now when I start a new session I have to install the P-51 before I can fly. I open world and it has no plane flyable. Then I install the P-51 plane and can fly the plane but once I exit the plane I have to install the P-51 again?:cry:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ATAG Chair1 - I have a few SP missions that I've put together but they are extremely simple and not finished in any sense of the word.

I tend to treat everything as 'training' at the moment. So i decide what i want to practise and rustle up a usually very simple mission, tweaking it to achieve what i want, but never really finishing it.

I'm kind of waiting for the FW190 (at least) before getting stuck into making some more complex and believable scenarios...

Hopefully others will offer something? I assume you've checked out the missions available to download - I think there's a few there.

If you haven't already - take some time to learn at least the basics of the Mission Editor - the basics are dead easy (as you'll probably know) but you will get out of it what you put in - the only limitation is your imagination (almost), well plus the appropriate assets [edit - contemporary assets that is - end edit] (but this is changing) :).

If I do anything that I call finished I'll post it but this won't be for a while.

Edited by VIMANAMAN

Hey ATAG Chair1 - I have a few SP missions that I've put together but they are extremely simple and not finished in any sense of the word.

I tend to treat everything as 'training' at the moment. So i decide what i want to practise and rustle up a usually very simple mission, tweaking it to achieve what i want, but never really finishing it.

I'm kind of waiting for the FW190 (at least) before getting stuck into making some more complex and believable scenarios...

Hopefully others will offer something? I assume you've checked out the missions available to download - I think there's a few there.

If you haven't already - take some time to learn at least the basics of the Mission Editor - the basics are dead easy (as you'll probably know) but you will get out of it what you put in - the only limitation is your imagination (almost), well plus the appropriate assets [edit - contemporary assets that is - end edit] (but this is changing) :).

If I do anything that I call finished I'll post it but this won't be for a while.

Thanks for the reply ..I'll try the mission editor:thumbup:

Sweet. Some ATAG guys are joining me in the quest to understand DCS. My question is: what buttons are used for shooting rockets and droping bombs in the key commands since I can't find them.

HI Stealth Eagle - go through the training mission on ground attack, just once will do it - it will walk you through it - I know boring! - but to be honest I can't remember the switches you need to set without the cockpit in front of me - it's simple, and all in the arming and settings, as per usual - if you get properly stuck after that then check back here and we'll help you out.

[Edit - for exactly what key commands you need to set up bombs & rockets, check out - OPTIONS / CONTROLS / FRONT SWITCH BOX (make sure the 'LAYER' is set for how you play P51) - sorry think I missed the key part of your Q :) - End edit]

Edited by VIMANAMAN

Just gonna bump this in case Stealth Eagle doesn't see my edit -

[Edit - for exactly what key commands you need to set up bombs & rockets, check out - OPTIONS / CONTROLS / FRONT SWITCH BOX (make sure the 'LAYER' is set for how you play P51) - sorry think I missed the key part of your Q - End edit]

Sorry Stealth Eagle missed the precise nature of your Q 1st time around - hope this helps.

Just gonna bump this in case Stealth Eagle doesn't see my edit -

[Edit - for exactly what key commands you need to set up bombs & rockets, check out - OPTIONS / CONTROLS / FRONT SWITCH BOX (make sure the 'LAYER' is set for how you play P51) - sorry think I missed the key part of your Q - End edit]

Sorry Stealth Eagle missed the precise nature of your Q 1st time around - hope this helps.

It's fine. Sorry for taking so long in responding but school and music have consumed my time and probably won't be able to fly for a little bit since this weekend I have a rehersal, a concert, then I play in the morning at my church and then a bunch of practices. Hoping to take back to the skies shortly. :pilotfly:

• 3 weeks later...

Saluti piston aviators!

I'm just wondering about Yours opinion in using the flaps during the combat. In IL-2 Sturmovik it's common thing to use the flaps in dogfight, I'm trying the same tactics with the Mustang here but due to complex FM I am not sure that flaps should be use in same way like in Sturmovik...so do You use flaps in dogfights?

Lule

[sIGPIC]D:\avioni\razno\potpis 1 orao.jpg[/sIGPIC]

I'm just wondering about Yours opinion in using the flaps during the combat. In IL-2 Sturmovik it's common thing to use the flaps in dogfight, I'm trying the same tactics with the Mustang here but due to complex FM I am not sure that flaps should be use in same way like in Sturmovik...so do You use flaps in dogfights?

Your suspicion is correct; flaps are not nearly so much of an "I win" button here as they were in old IL-2. I do occasionally use flaps in the dogfight, but not nearly as much or often as in the older, less-realistic sim-games.

I am a novice at trying to get my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro set up to fly the P51. I simply do not understand how to set this up to work. I try to fly and all I do is crash because it is so senstive. I do not know if someone has a profile they could share if that is possible. Any help would be appreciated.

P-51D x52 pro throttle setting

Hi all,

I have a problem with settings on Saitek x52 pro for Throttle Decrease / Throttle Increase. This option I have automatically set on Precision slide. Can you please advise how to set decrease / increase on Throttle instead of precision slide. At other mods (BS2, A-10C) it works, but in P-51D not.

Thanks and sorry for terrible english.

Couldn't get your track to run, so i'm just guessing. Are you running your engine on take off power/take off RPM for prolonged time?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I destroyed my engine last night but then realized I was exceeding 50 inches of MP with low RPM (this equates to high torque on the engine).

The torque alone is not the problem (remember that this is not an electric motor, the torque-RPM relation is highly nonlinear). When you overboost the engine, it can lead to preignition or even detonation while the piston is close to the dead spot, which will put tremendous load on the connecting rod bearings resulting in a severly reduced life cycle.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!