Am I the only one seeing "war" smoke?

gear_monkey

When I zoom in close to a burning vehicle or object either with external view or on the TGP, the rising smoke turns into square shapes with the words WAR visible...

This is with the A-10 btw.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

Guys, please...

until you are not hoping that a mentalist from a tv-show reads this thread , and jumps in to help you out...:music_whistling:

;)

To help us helping you:

Please at least provide a screen-shot (and a track when it was happening would bee good too - just to reproduce it) - and if it is still time to write it down,

- which graphic-driver + setting

-and your in-game- settings.

Thanks

:)

Edited by PeterP

It seems to only occur on objects that I destroy...I flew over a downed enemy helicopter that my forces shot down and it didn't happen.

Nvidia driver 296.10

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

Weird!

I'm guessing it's the beginning of "WARNING" and underneath, the beginning of "MISSION" or maybe "MISSILE"?... Some strange kind of texture corruption?

Edited by Blah

It's all part of the shadowy scheme to inoculate us with the idea of the imminent armagedon ... you know Control and Kaos agents were greeting cards salesmen in public life, ED/DCS make flight-sims. But beneath it all in the dark murky depths ... haha-hoho-haar-haar-shiver me gibblets matey, be scared, be very-very scared.

So when's Combined Arms going to be released then?

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

LOL

Yeah I am betting it says "WARNING MISSING TEXTURE"

Looks like your texture files may be corrupt. Reinstall should fix it :thumbup:

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

What happens if the warning missing texture texture is missing?

Is there a warning missing warning missing texture warning?

• Like 1
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

That is the missing texture texture. Reinstall

I downloaded a new copy of World and A-10, reinstalled...still have same issue.

Yeah I tried two reinstalls yesterday, going to download AGAIN.... But I am also getting the missing texture. At first I thought it was a mod but I replaced the originals back in and I was still getting missing textures. Would like to know if this is verified WORKING to anyone or if its just a texture or some deal forgotten about in the beta.

00128.641 ERROR DXRENDERER: DXDefTexture: failed to open file dcsfiretex.png

00128.645 ERROR DXRENDERER: DXDefTexture: failed to open file smokenormanim.png

Missing texture tested both on tank and transport. Tested with most recent nvidia drivers, however rolled back and tested on previous drivers. My directX reflects the old drivers.

Fresh install last night and tested. This afternoon re-downloaded dcs world + P-51 +A-10 modules and full install.

MissingTex1.jpg

MissingTex2.jpg

DxDiag.txt

dcslog.txt

melog.txt

MissingTex.trk

HawgIntro.miz

Just curious, but could you check the

gameinstall\bazar\ParticleEffects\Textures\ folder to see if the files are there.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Is anyone going to come around and say if this is a bug or a localized problem?

2 testers can't reproduce with your file with the latest build.

If you get the problem again, you may have to have a look at your local config.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Thanks. Yes the files are in particle effects, I verified all the related files and even took a look at the lau's that call the textures to make sure they were all addressed right. As a last option I have thought about putting the two missing textures in the temp texture folder to see if that works.

Really all I want to know is if everyone is having a problem with smoke or if this is only certain systems? Build a simple mission blow up a single vehicle, zoom on smoke and see what you get. If its a localized problem I can then beginning troubleshooting on my end to find the problem.

Thanks. Yes the files are in particle effects, I verified all the related files and even took a look at the lau's that call the textures to make sure they were all addressed right. As a last option I have thought about putting the two missing textures in the temp texture folder to see if that works.

Really all I want to know is if everyone is having a problem with smoke or if this is only certain systems? Build a simple mission blow up a single vehicle, zoom on smoke and see what you get. If its a localized problem I can then beginning troubleshooting on my end to find the problem.

It sounds like a bad install to me. Have you tried reinstalling? For whatever reason the sim is not reading that texture for the smoke.

Nate

Two re-installs, followed by newly downloaded dcs world and aircraft modules, then reinstall, same issue. I guess this means for some people it is in fact working or I'll have to assume it is.

Is not the first time a problem has persisted through multiple installs.