Using Mavericks on moving targets

JCamel

I've just done the training mission for the Mavericks and afterwards I tried locking on to a moving vehicle. It successfully locked on but then missed when I fired it.

I always thought AGM-65s could hit moving vehicles like trucks etc.???

If the telegraph pole takes off after you, it is not a telegraph pole.

I locked onto a moving civilian truck near the range after the AGM-65 course and it seemed to have the right direction but overshot by 75-100ft. Same deal with the AGM-65D and H variants.

Is it because it's a civilian truck? I managed to hit one moving away from he release point with a GBU-12 but that didn't seem to be able to hit ones moving towards me either.

2 attempts sp far, neither hit.

Does the AGM-65 continue to adjust for moving vehicles after launch when locked in the manner shown on the training course.

3 misses. Overshoots everytime. This time by hundreds of metres? Bug with civilian vehicles???

I don't expect 100% reliability. But it never works.

Have you tried it on civilian vehicles near the test range. Every missile miss follows exactly the same profile. Direction is spot on but overshoots everytime. Got to be a flaw with civilian vehicles. I can hit the static ones on the test range spot on.

• ED Team

After your mission hit save track, and then upload it.

You must be doing something wrong :) all my mavs hit tonight lol

once we have a track we can point you in the right direction

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I don't know how to upload a track but if someone tries the Maverick training lesson and tries hitting some moving civilian vehicles with Mavericks they'll see what I mean. At the moment I'm trying to see if the same thing happens in missions with enemy vehicles.

• ED Team

to upload click reply to post, than scroll to the bottom and manage attachments.

you can then select the .trk file and upload it with your post. :thumbup:

best thing to do is setup a mission in the editor start in the air and engage a target to replicate it, then save the track and upload it here.

;)

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm trying to test a Maverick in a mission now but the DSMS doesn't seem to have any weapons listed even though I'm carrying them. What have I done wrong?

After your mission hit save track, and then upload it.

Can you do that with training missions? I'm talking about the training mission under the TRAINING menu heading. Combat Deployment >> Mavericks.

Okay, I've repeated the training mission and the miss on a moving civilian vehicle. I've pressed ESC and have 4 options - BRIEFING, QUIT and CANCEL??? How do I save?

They almost never miss. I would suspect you're not locked on the mover. Are you sure your not just ground locking the mav or hitting the boat switch and making it force correlate?

No, it's definitely locked. The cross-hairs are flashing and they are moving with the vehicle.

Not even using cross-correlate. Using the exact procedure the trainer instructs. Funny how that training mission doesn't have moving vehicles. I'm trying to save the file (not sure I can) but if someone else scoots through that training mission in fast time and locks onto a civilian vehicle they can confirm the problem.

Can't save after a training mission. There is no option. Can anyone flash through this training mission with civilian vehicles turned on and confirm bug?

Edited by JCamel

• ED Team

just setup a mission in the editor, a-10c in the air with mavs, set some targets up, engage the targets, replicate the behaviour. then save track

Training mission works fine for me with the mavs

also inside the sims directory there is a docs folder, in there is a big pdf manual, give it a read and see if you can spot your mistake :)

I am off to bed now its 01:44 here, but someone will help you if you ask nice.

relax, its a big learning curve for the A-10c :)

EDIT: Why are you shooting civilians anyway lol

Edited by BIGNEWY

In that situation I would simply suggest go to guns. A civilian target doesn't usually warrant a Mav. The 30mm will do the job just fine.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Okay, I've repeated the training mission and the miss on a moving civilian vehicle. I've pressed ESC and have 4 options - BRIEFING, QUIT and CANCEL??? How do I save?

So all this test, are you firing on civilian vehicle or actual vehicles placed on the map?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

A flashing pointing cross means that the missile lock will not survive launch transients, and could very well be the cause of the problem. Don't shoot unless the pointing cross is steady.

Also, Force Correlate is for non-moving point targets. Don't use FC for anything other than large stationary objects like bridges, ships, and buildings.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

I have played A-10C for 7 months and I have never had a maverick miss.

Anyway, I wouldn't normally use a maverick on an APC or truck, because in my country, those things are a million bucks a shot:D

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5