New user, please help.

StiC

I downloaded and installed DCS World last night, but every time I try to play all I see is green with marker labels for aircraft, targets, ect. My system: Windows 7 Pro 64bit i7 CPU 8 GB RAM Radeon HD 6750 1 GB GPU with latest official catalyst driver. I've looked through the forums, but haven't found anything yet. Any ideas?

Thanks, StiC

Sounds like he may be just seeing the map? Can you provide more details or a screenshot of what you see?

Here's a screenshot. 1920 x 1080 reduced by 50%.

All the menus appear fine, it's when I start a mission this happens. I've tried different views, and all that changes are the marker positions. I reinstalled both DCS World and DirectX, and changed GPU driver.

Aside from downloading the package again, I am at a loss.

DCS.jpg.2e76663771179ef38402b11e3db7e941.jpg

When you say you start a mission, please provide more details. What mission? What aircraft have you selected? Single player or multiplayer?

Walk us through from beginning to end.

Also can someone with an ATI card can chime in on the Catalyst driver version?

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Wow, hmm. Odd. Try lowest in-game settings, and the default in the video driver control panel (whatever it's called for ati).

Thanks. Tried it and no luck.

When you say you start a mission, please provide more details. What mission? What aircraft have you selected? Single player or multiplayer?

Walk us through from beginning to end.

Sure.

I've only tried single player.

The main menu comes up with menu on the right, modules on the lower left. Right now I don't have any modules installed other than the Frogfoot. I usually click on quick start, although I have tried campaign, and select 1 of the 3 choices (ground attack, dogfight, and ?). The menu closes and a loading screen appears. When loading is complete another screen appears which prompts to hit pause/break to start. After that the screen turns green. The sound works, and moving the controls produces the expected results as far as I can tell from the movement of the markers. If I hit Esc a mini menu appears with 3 options ?, quit and cancel I think. I hit quit and enter some sort of de-brief. From here I can re-play the mission which results in another green screen. I exit to the main menu, change options, beat my head off the desk, ect and eventually exit the game.

Thanks for your time.

Hmm could be PSU not providing enough power. What PSU do you have?

It's a 650W PSU. I have no problem playing any other game I have right now, including Cliffs of Dover, Blackshark 1, Portal 2, Skyrim, ect.

StiC

Please try installing this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d

That's DirectX 9c June 2010. Yes, even if you have Dx11 in - Dx9 and 10/11 are separate codepaths. The problem might lie here - worth a shot and cannot hurt.

You can also try C++: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=BD512D9E-43C8-4655-81BF-9350143D5867

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Is catalyst AI [or what ever it is called] on or off...?

I tried all 3 settings, still no good. Thanks all the same.

Please try installing this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d

That's DirectX 9c June 2010. Yes, even if you have Dx11 in - Dx9 and 10/11 are separate codepaths. The problem might lie here - worth a shot and cannot hurt.

You can also try C++: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=BD512D9E-43C8-4655-81BF-9350143D5867

Still nothing, but thanks.

My next step is to re-install from a new package, and remove my video drivers and try a clean install. Will report back later.

StiC

Well I wish I had happier news, but after a new install and several video drivers, including the 12.7 beta, I still only see a green picture. It's too bad, I really wanted to try the p51. I'll try again some other time.

Thanks for all the help.

possibly corrupted D/L

uninstall. clear username/saved games folder

re-D/L

make sure you run as admin

gl

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Installed DCS World, DX Setup & C++ redist as admin. I've downloaded the install package from 2 sources. I've started the game as admin and still nothing different. I'm completely baffled.

Installed DCS World, DX Setup & C++ redist as admin. I've downloaded the install package from 2 sources. I've started the game as admin and still nothing different. I'm completely baffled.

I might have missed it, if you already provided this info, but when you uninstalled, did you make sure to get rid of the DCS folder in SAVED GAMES? If there's an issue there, it'll keep haunting you no matter what else you try.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Can you provide a SS of your video settings in the DCS menu? Can you also do the same with ATI CCP?

May be nothing, but another user with an ATI card my see a small setting to adjust.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I might have missed it, if you already provided this info, but when you uninstalled, did you make sure to get rid of the DCS folder in SAVED GAMES? If there's an issue there, it'll keep haunting you no matter what else you try.

Rich

Yes, I did. Thanks

Can you provide a SS of your video settings in the DCS menu? Can you also do the same with ATI CCP?

May be nothing, but another user with an ATI card my see a small setting to adjust.

I've gone through every setting, both in game and in the catalyst 3D applications. A screen cap would show only 1 of the dozens of configurations I've tried, all with the same result. Thanks though.

• 3 months later...

I had something similar once and couldnt find it in the computer hardware.

Turning off and on the flatscreen with the button wasnt enough. I had a very rare clear moment in my life and unplugged the powercord from the flatscreen for 20 seconds to reset stuff on its internal chips.

It worked for me back then, but the blocks here and there might indicate GFX driver corruption or a part of your GFX card isnt working as it should.

An old card on low settings give at least a viewof the game.

This a good time to have a spare old working GFX card around for quick diagnosis.

Other things you can think of when any other option is atempted, look at the biosversion, reset it and run through its settings again. Make the whole computer powerless for 5 minutes, disable firewall and antivirus or even deinstall it, take out the GFX card measure voltage on the powercords and give it some cleanuplove, go crazy.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

• 4 weeks later...