• Mikoyan MiG-29M 'Fulcrum-E'
    • Mikoyan MiG-25PDSL 'Foxbat-E'
    • Sukhoi SU-25KM 'Scorpion'
    • Sukhoi Su-22M5 'Fitter'
    • Sukhoi Su-35BM 'Flanker-E'
    • Sukhoi Su-24M2 'Fencer-D'
    • Sukhoi PAK FA
    • Mikoyan MiG-35 'Fulcrum-F'

"situation is dire" ..wtf is that supposed to mean..

is Russia the next country to be "liberated" by western tomahawks.. is this what this forum has become..

this is sick.. dude, get your fascist crap out of here.. Russia is not a totalitarian regime that arrests their citizens, tortures them, holds them indefinitely in prison, and even assassinate them with drones..this is what US does. Its OFFICIAL policy as of LATE.. yet, you dare to say life in Russia is DIRE!! ..

the hypocrisy.. the stupidity.. and the treachery.. that ED would allow such nonsense to be spewed by ignoramuses like you..

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is not about "agreeing" which plane is better... etc.. we are talking about how ED will construct its simulation.. if they will go in the position of Iran theater (WEST vs. Iran) or something similair in those lines then we are not talking simulations, but more of a propaganda.. we have more than enough of those from pentagon coming every year out-BF,MoH,CoD, etc..

ED should stick to known data and from same timeline.. which means F-15 A--not C, but A, since Su-27 is the very original with the very bad radar.. and no Amraam since back in the 1980 there was no Amraam.. and all of a sudden there is balance. ...

to me its obvious what is happening.. ED is appeasing the children of the west who like to blow stuff up without thinking.. in that case.. just cancel all russian jets, replace them with Mig-15 drones and voila.. the crowds will be happy..

I would love to see any modernized Su-25, Su-27 and MiG-29 variants. The Su-25KM Scorpion would be fantastic.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

if they will go in the position of Iran theater (WEST vs. Iran) or something similair in those lines then we are not talking simulations, but more of a propaganda

The sides can be as skewed as they want to be, it won't impact how much of simulation DCS is. Moving away from sim would be artificially balancing sides by using modulating the performance of weapons to be different for that of their real life counterparts.

ED should stick to known data and from same timeline.. which means F-15 A--not C, but A, since Su-27 is the very original with the very bad radar.. and no Amraam since back in the 1980 there was no Amraam.. and all of a sudden there is balance. ...

You can already do this BTW, 51st server does it all the time.

ED is appeasing the children of the west who like to blow stuff up without thinking.. in that case.. just cancel all russian jets, replace them with Mig-15 drones and voila.. the crowds will be happy..

I wonder how many average people even know what a Ka-50 is. The only bias here is obvious.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

You can already do this BTW, 51st server does it all the time.

Yup, community is splitting fast ... not good in the long run, whether you fancy NATO or Russian side of the coin ...

I've seen them all hard core sims (almost) since early '90s, and ED is the only survivor from the era. Every other company either died or abandoned the ship.

They've had something which other companies didn't - Russian flyable planes.

Think about it! ;)

Edited by danilop

The reason they're still alive is not because they have russian planes - that's cool and all, because everyone loves a little DAC, but the real reason is that they know how to do business ... regardless of naysayers.

Yup, community is splitting fast ... not good in the long run, whether you fancy NATO or Russian side of the coin ...

I've seen them all hard core sims (almost) since early '90s, and ED is the only survivor from the era. Every other company either died or abandoned the ship.

Think about it! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Think about it! ;)

I'm not sure that that by itself says much. Falcon was hugely popular, still is. F-16 is best plane to simulate?

Also, the 51st doesn't split the community. It hosts both 80's missions and regular missions. Any host can do this. I prefer having both available rather than one being locked into one or the other.

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

... the real reason is that they know how to do business ...

True, but we can also put it in this way:

Having high-quality flyable Russian planes around is "knowledge of how to do business". That has been the major and unique selling pont for ED since Flanker franchise, hasn't it?

Edited by danilop

- Modability also helps with popularity and extends the lifespan of a platform - user generated content is always a great thing.

- F2P?!

- Opening it up to 3rd party certainly will help in the future, contributing to the creation a product portfolio for World that ED couldn´t create in time on their own.

- Quality and products that no one else is offering (Falcon fulfilled these criteria at the time of its release).

The first one relates to popularity of course, while quality alone apparently hasn´t brought them overwhelming financial success in the last years.

On the other hand, ED isn´t solely focused on the consumer market, AFAIK. At least it has kept them afloat somehow. Maybe it´s really the core fan base that is focused here and plays a role because they don´t have much else to choose from. Regardless of what the next jet will be - a new DCS fast mover is probably going to find a ready market.

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

They're obviously trying to corner the market of popular US jets, because there is no competition ATM (combat jets in FSX are joke, F16 BMS is good but outdated and completely sterile in multiplayer).

Edited by danilop

Yeah, once basic functionality has been restored, the future of MP could be golden with all the possible A/C and mision types. Is there any competition for modern era russian aircraft? BMS is free. Cornering the market sounds a bit like stepping on an empty soccer field and proclaiming victory after 90 mins. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

this is not about "agreeing" which plane is better... etc.. we are talking about how ED will construct its simulation.. if they will go in the position of Iran theater (WEST vs. Iran) or something similair in those lines then we are not talking simulations, but more of a propaganda.. we have more than enough of those from pentagon coming every year out-BF,MoH,CoD, etc..

to me its obvious what is happening.. ED is appeasing the children of the west who like to blow stuff up without thinking.. in that case.. just cancel all russian jets, replace them with Mig-15 drones and voila.. the crowds will be happy..

That was I was trying to say. I started the thread "Are Flankers Gone, Why Should I buy FC3" and they merge it with this one. I was a hardcore fan of ED and the Flankers series.... u know why because of balance in simulation, because it was different from Janes, Novalogic and all that American Heroism Crap.

And your right 1000% Huh! 4th 5th generation Western Fighters Vs Old ones from Russia.. EVERY ONES KNOWS THAT A SU35-BM WILL KICK THE U KNOW WHAT OF F-15C....

And what is this they say about info on modern jets. Its easy to get US ones and the Russian side is hard. I think I should personally contact Sukhoi and see.

I think and as you said ED and DCS are addicted US and the dollar market.

No way man I m buying FC3 until it is balanced with super sexy Modernize Flankers with SMART A/G ARM to the THEETH :mad:.... really I m not a Russian but damn they make a really Hardcore Sexy Flying Machines.

it is sad really sad... going to post tribute to flankers of ED in its history with Marvel-less Gaming Engine on YouTube.:(

• Like 2

Would be great if ED would step up the FC3 content to 4th Gen stuff across the board. Planes that aren't upgraded in the real world should be dropped from the game as well -- e.g. there's no point in hanging on to the Su-25 when there's the Su-25T, there's no point in hanging on to the Su-25T when there's a Su-25KM "Scorpion", and so forth. Same goes for the fighters.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

...Is there any competition for modern era russian aircraft? ...

That was my point as well. For nearly 20 years they had that market for themselves - basically modern Russian combat jets on the PC are ED's invention and identity.

Edited by danilop

Yup, seeing the Su-27 getting 6DOF pit and a new external model is great. A more detailed version would be an insant buy for me. Same is applicable for many other russian types. As long as we don´t have that - why not be happy with other aircraft that perform a similar or generally intersting role on the battlefield? Especially so if this connects well with other existing modules - for MP. I also love the F-18, or the F-16, whatever.

In the end this is nothing but a game.

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

EU is becoming more of a fascist organization than anything out there, we basically have Germany the super-state dictating to periphery.. this will not hold on for long.. the cracks are seen ..

:shocking:

*hmm* erm what?

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

-so you are saying under scenario of Russia vs. Iran?)) this is your iran theater?)) that is much less likely than Germany vs. UK war.. talk about ludicrous idea )) lol..

Nope, I said nothing of the sort.

i was reffering to WEST vs. Iran..

So was I.

and yes the analogy of mine holds true.. and that is F-22 dropping bombs on baby seals in the north pole..

Not even close. Iran has I-HAWK, SA-5, SA-6, and Sayyad missiles, along with many other defense systems, which is infinitely better than a bunch of seals.

who would fight in there? Read my "A new theater" thread, i describe it

No, if you want to make a point, bring the evidence with your argument. I am under no obligation to search for the evidence supporting your claim.

EU is becoming more of a fascist organization than anything out there, we basically have Germany the super-state dictating to periphery..

Now I know you're just trolling.

And your right 1000% Huh! 4th 5th generation Western Fighters Vs Old ones from Russia.. EVERY ONES KNOWS THAT A SU35-BM WILL KICK THE U KNOW WHAT OF F-15C....

The F-15C and Su-27S are both 4th gen fighters. There are no 5th generation fighters in the game (and it's Su-35S, not Su-35BM).

Planes that aren't upgraded in the real world should be dropped from the game as well -- e.g. there's no point in hanging on to the Su-25 when there's the Su-25T, there's no point in hanging on to the Su-25T when there's a Su-25KM "Scorpion", and so forth. Same goes for the fighters.

No, not at all. Just the opposite. Why would you take away options? It makes absolutely no sense? 1970's combat is less fun than 1980's? Which is less fun than 90's? Is 2013 combat less fun than 2050? Should ED focus on future laser planes?

I'm all for adding a Su-35 or something to DCS World (FC needs to end with FC3), but I'd like a DCS Su-27 to go along with the 35, just like I'd like a DCS F-15A and C to go along with the E (I'd prefer the C to the E actually, I don't care if we get DCS PAK-FA, I'd be happy in my flying-target-C).

F16 BMS is good but outdated and completely sterile in multiplayer).

Tell me how it's sterile? Have you flown in BMS Red Flag server? Not sterile in anyway. Before I left I only flew in there, human players and AI made it very fun. You actually have real missions and goals, unlike just going out and killing people. Your side has a goal, it's up to you on what you want to fly, A2G or kill some jets to make it easier for you to do A2G. At some times there were around 25+ pilots flying, you have AI fighters and bombers flying around, plus all the ground forces doing their thing.

The outdated part I agree with you on, if the graphics could be updated a lot of people would go back to flying it. A guy is working on a project to do just that, but hasn't seen any new stuff in months.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Tell me how it's sterile? Have you flown in BMS Red Flag server? Not sterile in anyway. Before I left I only flew in there, human players and AI made it very fun. You actually have real missions and goals, unlike just going out and killing people. Your side has a goal, it's up to you on what you want to fly, A2G or kill some jets to make it easier for you to do A2G. At some times there were around 25+ pilots flying, you have AI fighters and bombers flying around, plus all the ground forces doing their thing.

The outdated part I agree with you on, if the graphics could be updated a lot of people would go back to flying it. A guy is working on a project to do just that, but hasn't seen any new stuff in months.

Orr suggest they bring it here is a module that i would gladly pay for! :)

Tell me how it's sterile?

Sterile in a sense that you don't have pesky MiG 29 flown by other human, breathing on your six. ;) Once you learn how to beat AI, you can beat him every time doing exactly the same - after a while, it's not fun at all.

On the other hand, we can only dream about BMS Campaign.

Orr suggest they bring it here is a module that i would gladly pay for! :)

+1

Edited by danilop

Sterile in a sense that you don't have pesky MiG 29 flown by other human, breathing on your six. ;) Once you learn how to beat AI, you can beat him every time doing exactly the same - after a while, it's not fun at all.

On the other hand, we can only dream about BMS Campaign.

+1

You might not have human flown Mig-29's, but you have human flown F-16's with Mig-29 radar spikes. So, you don't know if it's AI or human. Plus you have Su-27's, Su-30's and 34's to worry about also. And no you can't beat the AI doing the same thing over and over, they are pretty smart in the Red Flag server. If you want something new, try it out, it's very fun and challenging.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Yeah, I think Falcon AI has always been better than Lock On/DCS. One of the areas where it holds an advantage. I honestly think it's a bigger deal than the campaign.

Also, those BMS online sessions sound amazing. I hope DCS gets something similar when fighters start showing up, but first and foremost it requires changes in online mission design.