• Mikoyan MiG-29M 'Fulcrum-E'
    • Mikoyan MiG-25PDSL 'Foxbat-E'
    • Sukhoi SU-25KM 'Scorpion'
    • Sukhoi Su-22M5 'Fitter'
    • Sukhoi Su-35BM 'Flanker-E'
    • Sukhoi Su-24M2 'Fencer-D'
    • Sukhoi PAK FA
    • Mikoyan MiG-35 'Fulcrum-F'

I didn't vote for any? There are enough Russian planes. We need US or other NATO country aircraft to counter what we already have.

Not really. At the study level, we've got the A-10C and will eventually get the F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000C, F-15E, and F-15C.

On the Russian side, we have the MiG-21Bis as the most modern study aircraft. I haven't heard much on the Su-27S, and I don't know if there's any MiG-29 in the works.

That lineup seems more slanted to the Western stuff already. Granted, a lot of those are 3rd party, so maybe the Russian 3rd party community just needs to step up more?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't vote for any? There are enough Russian planes. We need US or other NATO country aircraft to counter what we already have.

Exactly. Then with the same way you wrote this off topic in the wish list of Russian fighters, you can make hear your voice in these threads:

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=322

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=395

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144487&page=30

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

except only modernised su27s can fire the r77.

the Russian government wouldn't let ED work on a full fidelty su27sm, so you I guess we have to settle for just a su27S full fidelity. For balance reasons i guess ED could just allow it to arm/ fire the r77, but that wouldn't be realistic.

generally speaking pretty much any 4.5 gen aircraft aren't go to come to fruition to DCS any time soon, so they should just be off the poll. This goes even more so for 5th Generation fighters. ( honestly can't believe pak fa is on the poll when its just a prototype and not even in service)

Many 4.5 gen ac still have at least partial aspects classified regarding their avionics or radar, so you can't make an accurate full fidelity module. Perhaps with a FC3 you could get away with " filling in the blanks" so to speak regarding classified areas, but ED or 3rd Party party wouldn't be able to develop a proper full fidelity aircraft attempting this.

even if you could obtain the information via anonymous informers, or hacked documents, if the respective governments found out, ed or 3rd party would certainly face legal action.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3824737/Su_27SM_module_delayed

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

except only modernised su27s can fire the r77.

the Russian government wouldn't let ED work on a full fidelty su27sm, so you I guess we have to settle for just a su27S full fidelity. For balance reasons i guess ED could just allow it to arm/ fire the r77, but that wouldn't be realistic.

generally speaking pretty much any 4.5 gen aircraft aren't go to come to fruition to DCS any time soon, so they should just be off the poll. This goes even more so for 5th Generation fighters. ( honestly can't believe pak fa is on the poll when its just a prototype and not even in service)

Many 4.5 gen ac still have at least partial aspects classified regarding their avionics or radar, so you can't make an accurate full fidelity module. Perhaps with a FC3 you could get away with " filling in the blanks" so to speak regarding classified areas, but ED or 3rd Party party wouldn't be able to develop a proper full fidelity aircraft attempting this.

even if you could obtain the information via anonymous informers, or hacked documents, if the respective governments found out, ed or 3rd party would certainly face legal action.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3824737/Su_27SM_module_delayed

In my humble opinion, we can't talk about realism and high fidelity from any DCS module as long the radars and RWR work as they do even with 1.5 beta. It is just got a earth curvature to RWR in the beta.

There is no cover for ground units, so every A-10C pilot (any CAS / SEAD capable aircraft) is cheating as they have no ultimate sensors that doesn't work that way in the reality.

And that is partially the map problem. There isn't much of terrain foliage and trees to give he ground units capability to conceal themselves. AA units has as well a field day as they don't need to find a position where they have a LOS at maximum part of the skies.... But it makes every aircraft out there far easier to fly as AA can't do its job properly.

So if Su-27S receives R-77 capability without much modifications, it would be far smaller impact to realism than anything.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Given that i now realize the futility for asking 4.5 fighters (except of the rumors of the EF-2000 and F/A-18C), ED and third parties should focus in this about the russian aircrafts:

Like many people said, make high fidelity models of the Su-27, Mig-29, Su-25... they could sell them as a different module of the flaming cliff one. There is the documentation available so why not, having such a huge fan base (i would gladly buy them).

Historical and legacy fighters are waiting to be simulated :) . I mean, people would love Su-24M, Mig-25PD, Mig-23MLD, Su-17m4 and Mig-27k (my fav) and a long etcetera. So there are plenty of ideas for new modules, be it from ED of from third parties.

And helicopters, dont forget the legendary Mi-24, that is a MUST in this game.

I dont know the feasibility, but you could eventually make 4.5 gen fighters making them in flaming cliffs level (maybe another name for the pack but you get my point), simplified versions of the most advanced aircrafts like the F-15E or the Su-30SM.

I think eventually that would be the way, legacy fighters gives a really huge opportunity, so my guess is that in the near future we would see Mig-23, Mirage III, Draken, Su-17 etc.

So keep up the good job, you still have plenty to do and we the fans are supporting you

thanks

=08th=King

chadsky.jpg

Historical and legacy fighters are waiting to be simulated :) . I mean, people would love Su-24M, Mig-25PD, Mig-23MLD, Su-17m4 and Mig-27k (my fav) and a long etcetera. So there are plenty of ideas for new modules, be it from ED of from third parties.

Oh, certainly. I'd personally love to see either the Su-24M, MiG-27K or MiG-23MLD. The Su-24M has so many neat weapons at its disposal (not to mention avionics), but it might not be something that data can be acquired on due to its use in service. The MiG-27K might be easier, since it's not in service anymore and has a lot of the same capabilities as the Su-24M (except for some weapons like the Kh-59). The MiG-23MLD was a decent fighter and even had some limited air-to-ground capability (I understand it could use the Kh-66; don't know how accurate that is... or useful:P).

And helicopters, dont forget the legendary Mi-24, that is a MUST in this game.

I'd hope at least the Mi-24V or Mi-24P. They might be waiting for proper two-seat support to come about (or to have enough finalized).

TBH, any Full fidelity module would be exciting.

mig23_58.jpg

Looking at this image makes me wonder if we could have all the ground assistance vieicles and such when we have a start up. At least we could have the ladder and the chocks down.

When I was looking for this image I saw something called a mig-23-98

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If the MWS didn't see it. it never happened"

dat.jpg

Apparently the radar is displayed on the HUD instead of a display.

It can also use the R-77 missile system, but that sounds like it would still be in serice or that missile classified

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Apparently the radar is displayed on the HUD instead of a display.

It can also use the R-77 missile system, but that sounds like it would still be in serice or that missile classified

The MiG-23-98 has never entered service. As for the radar scope, I know previous versions of the MiG-23 used a HUD only display, but the -98 featured at least 1 MFD in it's brand new cockpit and so a heads down display would logically feature.

Exactly this is the beast should be planed for the next fixed wing fighter the "Mig-23ML" also we need the F-4E at the other side.

MLD, pls. I'm not sure I can handle any more of the SPO-10.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yeah but like. can we use them.

Well... yes, the MiG-29S is a flyable aircraft.

are there systems fully declassified

Of course they're not, but nor are tonnes of the systems in DCS, especially the ones that are abstracted in the Flaming Cliffs aircraft. This doesn't stop their function being reasonably simulated in DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been doing a lot of research and it seems that an Su-27M would be the best new Sukhoi variant to have. It was designed in the late 80s and flying in mid 90s, and later further upgraded into the 35S. The M is hugely upgraded compared to the S. Over a dozen were built but it wasn't put into production because the Soviet Union fell. The SM3 is too new to have any data on it. I don't know if there's data on the M version but I would think its much more likely.

There's so many Sukhoi 27 variants and not a lot of info its hard to learn about them. It also sucks that the Soviet Union fell because now we have to decide if having a system where only around a dozen examples were made is fair to have in the game. I think it is because if not, you're not going to really have any Russian equipment after the 80s in the game. Also the Su-27M was fully developed and flying it just didn't have the funds to be put into production.

Edited by Dappman

The S veriant is good enough. Seriously. But no one told me about this bad boy before

640px-Russian_Air_Force_Tupolev_Tu-22M3_Beltyukov.jpg

But I've changed my mind and would love to see a su-17(what ever variant. Don't care)

Really interesting looking design. Like a mig19 but with sweeping wings?

su17_arma2_5_4.jpg

(Arma 2 mod shown, best image showing what I mean)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]