• Sukhoi Su-22M5 'Fitter'
    • Sukhoi Su-35BM 'Flanker-E'
    • Sukhoi Su-24M2 'Fencer-D'
    • Sukhoi PAK FA
    • Mikoyan MiG-35 'Fulcrum-F'

lol, nothing wrong with a good wall of text to brighten the graveyard shift. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but don't count on it. ;)

Yea, I know, something new will pop up or the same old stuff......just said differently :D

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Indeed, I must admit that my response to Tek was intended to be sarcastic. I probably shouldn't have posted it at all.

Did it have the lil green face after it :D

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

iming and homing of missiles with semiactive, active and infrared homing heads, application of uncontrollable weapons and cannon weapons.

Simultaneous track-while-scan of up to 15 targets and firing at 4 of them in the whole angular zone in discrete tracking mode, retaining the scan capability.

Tracking of 2 sea targets and homing one guided missile X-31A at mobile or stationary target

Tracking preliminary target designation for controlled or uncontrolled weapon firing at ground target.

While in the mode of attacking one surface target, simultaneous detection of air targets and firing at 1 target in a long-range air fight.

Fighter flying control during multitarget missiles launching in "air-to-air" mode and during missiles application in "air-to-surface" mode.

The System is adaptable to any kind of MiG-29 fighter

Specifications

• Detection range
  • (effective scattering area - 5m2), km............................100-120
  • Lock-on range for automatic tracking, km..............................85
  • Working frequencies range...................................................X
  • Max beam deviation in surveillance, aiming and weapon
    application modes, allowing for the aerial correction angle in azimuth,
    provided by drive mechanism...............................................±75°
  • Electronic scanning by phased array - cone with the
    vertex of angle of................................................................80°
  • Correction angle in azimuth by drive..................................±35°
  • Bank stabilization..........................................................±120°
  • Mean transmitter power, W.............................................1000
  • Cooling.................................................................air-to-liquid
  • Weight, Kg.....................................................................250

System is based on uniform engineering solutions and maximum unification with RLSU-30MKI(BARS-30MKI) for Su-30MKI aircraft.

Source:

NIIP Promotional materials from Aero India 2005

Photo © B. Harry, acig.org (via email)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 03:02:01 pm by overscan »

I belive this radars are about to get updated on MKIs

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

This was before my time, but my understanding is that the R-27's already are "boosted" compared to the documentation. ED has a lot of documentation for a lot of things, but obviously they may or may not be able to share this with us.

Regarding the AIM-120 warhead, it's "overpowered" in order to simulate the directional warhead, something the engine (at least in FC2) could not support. I'm not the missile expert though and I don't know if this is different in FC3.

Regarding the actual topic of this thread: if anyone has good documentation for more modern migs and flankers, go ahead - perhaps even start a development team and see if you can get licensed to make it. As mentioned previously in this thread, disseminating modern military information to the outside world is something that is a bit dodgy in Russia given that there's so much that is secret or the equivalent of NOFORN; information everyone can get about american planes can still be pretty secret for the russian birds, which is a problem.

Ok here is another question then... if I or someone get the proper documentation on migs & flankers and can ED will support develop for the DCS World ? But I m talking about basic performance data we all know that even the existing jets in DCS world are not 100% some of the stuff is hidden for secrecy. What I am trying to say at least 65% info on Su35-BM can be found on the web and regarding license so what about SU-27 ?:huh:

Its an example...Like Teknetinium said: if you have the interest you can do it.

Anyway, I was looking for polls - How the fans, members, developers think about it. And the polls shows till now we need to have the flankers updated even they 27, 30Mki or whatever. Same methods that you guys done for F-15's and american jets. I don't understand how you get Su-27's on first place and now why it so difficult.

In the end I would like to thank everyone participating in this poll and apologizing for any inconvenience post but I want to see and ED to see what the polls say's -----> We need Flankers also ED <----

Thank you Gentlemen.

Pakster.

PS: Aaaahhh,,, can anyone tell me how to end this poll ? hehehe.....:)

pakster, the problem with the documentation you and people like Tek give is that you grossly underestimate the level of documentation required to make a simulation.

And 65% of data on Su-35BM? What the heck is ED supposed to do with that? And how, exactly, did you judge that it is 65%? Do you personally know all the data, classified and not, there is to know about said aircraft and are thus able to say that 65% is what's available? Or did you just approximate a number for the fun of it? ;) (Ie: statistics retrieved from gluteus maximus.)

Let's put it like this: a pilot manual is NOT enough to make a simulation of a given aircraft. Not even close. Manufecturer marketing brochures most definitely isn't either. (They are usually WORSE than Wikipedia even. Stop reading them.)

And beyond that, there are legal issues that MUST be considered. Even if the information is available, this might still not be enough because it might be criminal to use the information. (Why this particular point is so easily forgotten for people that want to simulate military equipment I'll never understand... :D )

However, if you have the information you feel is all that is necessary, I definitely invite you to put a team together and create your own DCS product. If it's all there and you have some skill in your team, I'm sure you'll have all you need to get a development license from Eagle Dynamics, just show them you've got it and make them believe in you. :)

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

pakster, the problem with the documentation you and people like Tek give is that you grossly underestimate the level of documentation required to make a simulation.

And 65% of data on Su-35BM? What the heck is ED supposed to do with that? And how, exactly, did you judge that it is 65%? Do you personally know all the data, classified and not, there is to know about said aircraft and are thus able to say that 65% is what's available? Or did you just approximate a number for the fun of it? ;) (Ie: statistics retrieved from gluteus maximus.)

Let's put it like this: a pilot manual is NOT enough to make a simulation of a given aircraft. Not even close. Manufecturer marketing brochures most definitely isn't either. (They are usually WORSE than Wikipedia even. Stop reading them.)

And beyond that, there are legal issues that MUST be considered. Even if the information is available, this might still not be enough because it might be criminal to use the information. (Why this particular point is so easily forgotten for people that want to simulate military equipment I'll never understand... :D )

However, if you have the information you feel is all that is necessary, I definitely invite you to put a team together and create your own DCS product. If it's all there and you have some skill in your team, I'm sure you'll have all you need to get a development license from Eagle Dynamics, just show them you've got it and make them believe in you. :)

If even a manual is not enough then you should stop asking people for documentation, I never sen you provide any.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

Manuals are fine.

If it is the correct manual.

The point is: the manuals people find on the internet are usually -1 or -1-equivalent. They do NOT contain the requisite information. There are other manuals that do, however. Unfortunately, these are often locked away in bunkers. (Literally!)

As for me or ED "providing documentaiton", come on Tek. Read what I have posted. If you want to indulge in a adult discourse you might want to at least show that you are capable of reading what you are being told. I even made it bold for your benefit.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Here's an example that is quite case in point, Tek: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1636362&postcount=131

What exactly do you expect anyone to do with that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Relation to the post you are responding to?

The people doing F-15E are not modeling it based on brochures.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

..Or are they? :D

In all seriousness though, the third parties doing this stuff probably have access to resources that 95% (yes, I did pull this out of my dirty place) of us do not even know exist, let alone have quick access to on the internet. Not saying that this is illegally obtained or used info, just info that is outside of the scope of google-fu.

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Relation to the post you are responding to?

Im not third party modeler, Im sorry me posting basic info about Su-27MKI :)

Could you plz show me one video of F-15E MFD in action? (not a video of a guided bomb drop)

http://www.f-15e.info/joomla/technology/cockpit

I would like to see how this ones are working in Su-27sm as well.

http://rpkb.ru/eng/index.php_page_id=15.html

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

iming and homing of missiles with semiactive, active and infrared homing heads, application of uncontrollable weapons and cannon weapons.

Simultaneous track-while-scan of up to 15 targets and firing at 4 of them in the whole angular zone in discrete tracking mode, retaining the scan capability.

Tracking of 2 sea targets and homing one guided missile X-31A at mobile or stationary target

Tracking preliminary target designation for controlled or uncontrolled weapon firing at ground target.

While in the mode of attacking one surface target, simultaneous detection of air targets and firing at 1 target in a long-range air fight.

Fighter flying control during multitarget missiles launching in "air-to-air" mode and during missiles application in "air-to-surface" mode.

The System is adaptable to any kind of MiG-29 fighter

Specifications

• Detection range
  • (effective scattering area - 5m2), km............................100-120
  • Lock-on range for automatic tracking, km..............................85
  • Working frequencies range...................................................X
  • Max beam deviation in surveillance, aiming and weapon
    application modes, allowing for the aerial correction angle in azimuth,
    provided by drive mechanism...............................................±75°
  • Electronic scanning by phased array - cone with the
    vertex of angle of................................................................80°
  • Correction angle in azimuth by drive..................................±35°
  • Bank stabilization..........................................................±120°
  • Mean transmitter power, W.............................................1000
  • Cooling.................................................................air-to-liquid
  • Weight, Kg.....................................................................250

System is based on uniform engineering solutions and maximum unification with RLSU-30MKI(BARS-30MKI) for Su-30MKI aircraft.

Source:

NIIP Promotional materials from Aero India 2005

Photo © B. Harry, acig.org (via email)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 03:02:01 pm by overscan »

I have highlighted a couple of passages that you should pay attention to :)

I belive this radars are about to get updated on MKIs

Based on the above mentioned highlighted passages and that the PR material is from Aero India 2005, I am pretty sure that it concerns the "Bars-29" - a smaller version of the N011M Bars radar(installed in Su-30MKI) that NIIP promoted for upgrading India's MiG-29 fleet.

I.e. not for the Su-30MKI, which already has the full size version of the radar.

Anyway, in the end the Indians didn't go for it - the upgrade program for their MiG-29 fleet has already been finalised and deliveries commenced under the designation "MiG-29UPG", which is equipped with the Zhuk-ME radar(also installed in the MiG-29K/KUB) produced Phazatron-NIIR :) .

Edited by Alfa

JJ