Snapping to target on Shkval

Devrim

Hi everyone... (I don't know if it's worth to open a new thread and discuss, but I'm really curious about that.)

You know, in Su-25T, while slewing the Shkval camera, Shkval system can snap to the target on the ground. To me, that's great feature.

When I realized that I started to think that "when the Shkval System has been added on Su-25T". Because I wonder, "why BlackShark's Shkval System has not this function" and/or "why they didn't integrate this function into Blackshark's system..."

Have you got any idea about this?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hi everyone... (I don't know if it's worth to open a new thread and discuss, but I'm really curious about that.)

You know, in Su-25T, while slewing the Shkval camera, Shkval system can snap to the target on the ground. To me, that's great feature.

When I realized that I started to think that "when the Shkval System has been added on Su-25T". Because I wonder, "why BlackShark's Shkval System has not this function" and/or "why they didn't integrate this function into Blackshark's system..."

Have you got any idea about this?

Because the shark's Shkval is realistic.

'Frett'

Snap to target ability is unrealistic. More real Shkval is to be found in DCS: Ka-50.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

It does due to limitations of engine.... for game it snaps to object as is.

Till we have real image processing it won't change - even in Ka-50 although we can resize target gate and it does matter, really it locks only valid objects, leaving wrecks, trees, clouds, street markings unlockable.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Is there any way to slew the Shkval in SU-25T to the diamond on HUD, something like China Hat Forward Long in A-10C, so to be able to quickly track the designated target area (i guess, designated by laser from ground troops)?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

It depends of the:

• target size what equals in theory Shkval's gate size (the smaller object the closer it'll be needed to lock onto);
  • time of day (contrast);
  • artificial obstacles like smoke as example (Shkval should lose lock after tank releases dust);

ಠ_ಠ

Because the shark's Shkval is realistic.

Snap to target ability is unrealistic. More real Shkval is to be found in DCS: Ka-50.

Oh! Thanks. I didn't consider that. :) I thought it was.. .. I thought wrong obviously. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068