Silent Hunter 5 $1 today only!

Loki_

Fyi ubisoft has for the first time put a fair price on SH5! This deal is for today (aug 18 2012) only. Tomorrow its Driver:SFO..

Link:

http://shop.ubi.com/

As normal, ubisoft includes unnecessary BS with all products; in this case a 30 day limit on downloads. At $1 this is a fair deal, a rarity for any ubi product imo.

Unfortunately, I already have it for more than a dollar, not full price mind you but still... :(

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well, I remember buying SH5 DVD, remember annoying DRM, remember bugs allover the place. I have SH4 + UBM and it's the best sub sim out there to date. God I remember the days of subsim.com... If only I can go back in time and kick ubi's CEO/BOD's for dissing such loyal fan franchise into oblivion..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Well I bought it. Twice due to their crappy software.

Hopefully it'll be decent with mods. I have 3 and 4 anyway and it was only one pound.

I have no clue with this series, but I want to get into it and love it, but whenever I'm in the right frame of mind, I fly in DCS instead.

I stuck with SH4, with TMO 2.0 mods, and it was entertaining. I found the pace to be a bit slow if you wanted to play with any sort of realism which is what finally led me to put it away.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well I bought it. Twice due to their crappy software.

Hopefully it'll be decent with mods. I have 3 and 4 anyway and it was only one pound.

I have no clue with this series, but I want to get into it and love it, but whenever I'm in the right frame of mind, I fly in DCS instead.

Just go at subsim and get the right mods. Last time I installed it with mods it was nice to play.

Especially TheDarkWraith's mod is helpful; you can even get the SH4 interface with it.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

nope still not worth it.. they need to pay me a dollar to play that.

they should have stuck with adding expansions or fixing issues in previous versions

rather then half ass rushing yet another one just in time for Christmas Sales.

sh3&4 is good beyond that they fail.

@loki loved your lost key scripts ..you rock dude.

Edited by =MadMonkey=
give props to loki

..... have they stopped debugging it or is this as good as it gets ?

Ubi stops debugging a week before they release! :D

EDIT: I don't recall CTDs, though perhaps I decided it was crap before one could occur.

I bought it 3 weeks ago , cost me 10 euro ..... have they stopped debugging it or is this as good as it gets ?

When it works , its pretty good ..... sadly Im getting too many CTD's .

There is a wealth of mods out there that inlcude both bugfixes (such as the depth-control bug), changes to the interface and targeting system, as well as some pretty major graphics boosts. Unfortunately I don't recall where I found them (was at least a year since I played SH5), but the game is actually pretty good once a proper selection of mods have been installed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I see no dollar deal beyond the photo on the main page......

That was yesterday.

Ubi stops debugging a year before they release.

Fixed.

Yea, based off of what I've heard, you couldn't PAY me to buy SH5.

However, I still play SH3 with GWX- that is a great game. I got turned off of SH4 though. After the 3rd battleship I sunk IN THE SAME PATROL (including two Yamato class battleships), the game just got a little old and pointless. No point to playing.

By contrast, in SH3, I've only sunk like a single battleship ever. A scarcity of targets makes each kill satisfying. An overabundance of targets, like in SH4, and it just ruins the whole game :no_sad:

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Fixed.

:lol:

Well Speed, after mods both 4 and 5 do get pretty good. Though 4 is probably still the better one for realism. I'd personally say 4+mods is the overall best one.

(Don't compare 3+mods with vanilla 4, that's just unfair. :P )

I do agree though. But some of my best gaming ever was in one of those small early-war american subs in SH4. Got cornered by a jap destroyer around singapore and spent 2 hours straight at the hydrophone and with various emergency maneuvers trying to get rid of it. Succeeded, but only with such damage that I was caused to halt my patrol.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester