Smoke That Thunders

IADC

Please note version 3.7 is now out. Minor fixes made to triggers and sound files.

After a couple of hours of messing with triggers adding new ones and getting consultation on the triggers I have released an untested version 3.7.

Mission has been uploaded to the DCS website USER FILES as well as the usual link here and in A10C missions

http://filesave.me/file/21811/Smoke-that-Thunders-DCSWver3-7-miz.html

Edited by IADC
  • Like 1

Just wanted to say great mission! Played it tonight (as a single player with an ai wingman) and really enjoyed it.

Great atmosphere with all the audio work, really fun. Made it pretty far along but then got tagged (by a manpad, I think).

Wheres the link for that please ?

Relevant Sticky thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89876

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Very cool!

Had a blast flying it last night, only problem was that we seemed to simultaneously lose and win. Two audio messages played over each other at the end (what I think was the end anyway) and of the four people flying it not a one could understand much. We broke it!

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

Very cool!

Had a blast flying it last night, only problem was that we seemed to simultaneously lose and win. Two audio messages played over each other at the end (what I think was the end anyway) and of the four people flying it not a one could understand much. We broke it!

Great glad it was enjoyed. I will definately look at the two audio message issue, I had not had that myself but I am sure there is a simple solution to keep them well appart.

I dont follow on your last comment "we did not understand much (we Broke it!) can you elaborate a little more and is there something i need to do?

Cheers

I dont follow on your last comment "we did not understand much (we Broke it!) can you elaborate a little more and is there something i need to do?

The only message(s) that were not perfectly clear were the ones that played over each other. That only happened at the end of the action when

the choppers are supposed to come in

. It was hard to tell what was happening at the end because of that... I'll run it again with the guys to make sure it doesn't happen again, I think we need to be a little quicker on some of the last targets

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

We are going to look into the triggers again today, it is possible or more than likely possible I have a cocked up trigger system so standby and lets see what i can find. Going to have my mate look at it as well.

Tried and tested it tonight, everything ran smooth with the lose triggers but we never got to test the win triggers because the bastard trucks decided to get stuck at the check point and just drive around in circles. This was due to me dropping a MK82 in the center of the road block making a hole in the ground that one of the drivers refused to cross. Inthe end i had to smoke him for annoying me hence the tested lose triggers.

Going to have to create my own road block as the Road Block Structure in DCS objects causes problems with AI path finding. Also Druid has made some helo aproach path edits which will be included in the next release which is version 3.8. After this no more changes will be made as I am now 2/3rd of the way into the next mission called Carbon Blade.

Edited by IADC

• 3 months later...

I have a question about the scripting in this mission.

When "Trucks in zone" triggers, Pig 11 is tasked to destroy the tanks incoming from the south and the infantry firing from the west across the river.

However, when the infantry group "Forest Attack Units" is eliminated, then "Fire off Course" triggers and Ferret scolds Pig 11. Why does the player get reprimanded for accomplishing the task? Is this just for flavor?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just flew this, and thought I'd say thanks! Had a really good time, and it gives a good sense of urgency towards the end there..!

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

Flew this with crusher (my squadmate), and it was amazing. The mission was my inspiration to make a mission with spoken radio calls as well. Adds a lot of immersion.

Just to the end, when Ferret was attacked at the river, and then from the forest, and then the vehicles came down the road was a bit confusing. But that could also be, because crusher was shot down and I made the rest alone

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Hi there. I'm pretty new to the A-10C and so after browsing the forum for a while I finally came across this mission. Thank god I did. Now this exceeds my expectations of this sim. Its so cool. The addition of the real voices really does make it exciting and gives it a real sense of urgency. I usually just fly around in my own little world, casually strafing stuff etc but with someone real giving instructions with a sense of urgency really gives me a kick in the ass to do the task at hand and really learn the systems of the plane. It makes it all the more 'real' feeling. Thank you for this. Really am happy I found it. I look forward to anymore that you might make.

Regards,

Milli

I just wanted to thank for the great mission :thumbup:. The first time I tryed I got hit by the strela because I didnt pay enough attention to the message ferret calling out the threats. The second time everything went well and I was able to destroy all the targets at the compound with mavericks and one CBU-97. At the first roadblock I kinda messed up with the remaining CBU-97 and the MK-82 Airs, so I had to switch over to guns. Luckily the avenger served the job well and I was able to protect the convoy until it reached the landing zone and the guys got airlifted out of the combat area. While returning towards gudata, master caution went on because I was low on fuel, but I managed to get back and land safely.

Since I only had guns left for the second part of the mission I had to get in close and keep visual with the convoy all the time which was great fun. I also liked the audio messages a lot, it creates a nice realistic atmosphere :thumbup:.

• 3 weeks later...