[Solved] DCS World 1.2.1 KA-50 activation declined by the server

MemphisBelle

PS: To clarify before it becomes the subject of a meal, yes we are aware of the used activation issue of the 1.2.1. module install - an exception rather than the rule

Viper, may be you can figure what this means:

The first german sentense says: The activation has been declined by the server.

activationerror.png

as it seems I am not able to activate my new 1.2.1 Black Shark Version...why is that?

The product key is the same as I have in my payments section on the DCS homepage.

What have I done?

• downloaded all ressources as given by the new release
    (world, and the modules)
  • uninstalled DCS World 1.2.0 (not deactivated anythings)
  • installed DCS World 1.2.1 (by using execute as admin)
  • after installing World I installed DCS A-10C (everythings ran fine, activation ate one key...but you already mentioned that above)
  • after installing A-10C installed KA-50 module
  • I did not changed any important Hardware ressources recently (exept the Power supply unit, but that did not take an effect for the other modules)

Activation for DCS A-10C, CA and P-51 happened wiothout any (unexpected) problems...it is only for my KA-50 version.

Hope you / anyone can help me in this matter

Thanks and regards

MemphisBelle

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Please DO NOT under any circumstances POST YOUR SERIAL NUMBER.

Edit: Do you have the stand alone or update version?

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Update:

I tried to deactivate the product. But even this is not possible. It says that there cant be found any license to deactivate. How can that be? I did not activated / deactivated prior to the uninstall (1.2.0) and install (1.2.1) Process of dcs World 1.2.1.

Is that some kind of new bug?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Please DO NOT under any circumstances POST YOUR SERIAL NUMBER.

Edit: Do you have the stand alone or update version?

uups...sorry and thanks...that was indeed a little stupid by myself..

I purchased the update version

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Edit:

Is BS1 still activated on your system?

Yes, my BS1 copy is installed and activated

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

I think I found the reason for this issue...I have the upgrade version purchased...I also have the Black Shark 1 Version installed and activated...but when I compared the installer files again, so I noticed that I have downloaded the wrong file...I downloaded the one for the Full version...sometimes one cant see the forest because of all the trees...

Downloading the upgrade 1.2.1 installer for BS2 now..

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

I got exactly the same problem. My BS1 and BS2 are activated, but I can't activate the DCS world. I get the same message and the same situation explained here. However, if I click exit twice, I can still fly the SU-25T. Lets hope they fix the problem as stated by 159th_Viper.

Houd

Rig:

- Intel Core i7-2600K CPU 3.40 GHz Sandy Bridge. - Thermaltake FRIO CPU cooling system. - 16 Gb. DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM memory. - NVIDIA GForce. 4 Gb DDR5 Video Card. - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 5RX 7.1 Dolby Surround Audio Card and Creative 7.1 speakers system. - 1 Tb Solid State primary HD and 500 Gb backup HD. - Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case. - Cooler Master 850W power supply. - Xfinity 200 Mbps Internet. - Warthog HOTAS.

I got exactly the same problem. My BS1 and BS2 are activated, but I can't activate the DCS world. I get the same message and the same situation explained here. However, if I click exit twice, I can still fly the SU-25T. Lets hope they fix the problem as stated by 159th_Viper.

why activating DCS World??...theres no need to acticate world, you need to activate thze modules you purchased. World is a free product now, which comes with one flyable SU-25.

Same for me.

Till yesterday all works fine in version 1.2.1, with autoupdate today, I got the same message:

invalid hardware code

But only for BS, the A10 is o.K.

I´ve got the update version of BS2, too.

Just to make sure, you were able to play BS2 after installing 1.2.1? Then it magically didn´t work anymore? So sorry for that stupid question...are you sure that you´ve downloaded the software you need?

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

why activating DCS World??...theres no need to acticate world, you need to activate thze modules you purchased. World is a free product now, which comes with one flyable SU-25.

Just to make sure, you were able to play BS2 after installing 1.2.1? Then it magically didn´t work anymore? So sorry for that stupid question...are you sure that you´ve downloaded the software you need?

Yes sir. BS2 was properly working before. When you install DCS world, you need to install the proper module depending on your product as you said. After installing the module, a new activation dialog comes again.

If you try to activate the product, you get the same problems explained on this thread.

If you click exit (twice) you are able to run World, and you are also able to see that BS2 indeed was unlocked. You can fly the SU-25T without problems. When you try to run a mission with the KA-50, the game crashes.

If you run the standalone version of BS2, the game works perfectly.

Sorry for the confusion, when I said activate DCS world, I was referring about activation of BS2 module. :)

Edited by houdini382
Statement added

Rig:

- Intel Core i7-2600K CPU 3.40 GHz Sandy Bridge. - Thermaltake FRIO CPU cooling system. - 16 Gb. DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM memory. - NVIDIA GForce. 4 Gb DDR5 Video Card. - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 5RX 7.1 Dolby Surround Audio Card and Creative 7.1 speakers system. - 1 Tb Solid State primary HD and 500 Gb backup HD. - Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case. - Cooler Master 850W power supply. - Xfinity 200 Mbps Internet. - Warthog HOTAS.

This is exactly what I did:

I uninstalled and erased all DCS products on my computer:

The I proceed with the following steps:

Installed and activated Black Shark 1: success!

Installed Black Shark 2 upgrade: Success!

Tested Black Shark 2, no need to activate: Success!

Installed DCS World 1.2.1: Success!

Installed the BS2 module, filename: KA-50_1.2.1.5970.exe: Success!

Ran the software and started a single player mission with BS2: Activation dialog showed up.

Try to activate the module: Activation Failed!!

Error:

Invalid Hardware Code. Make sure the Serial Number used is valid for the product you are trying to activate, generate a new Hardware Code and try again.

and now I'm getting another error:

Unable to run the application due to integrity fault of the Activation Key. Re-enter a valid Activation Key or re-activate the application.

If the error recurs, press "Error report" and send the report to product technical support.

I'm pretty sure I paid for all my products.

Rig:

Same Problem

I'm having the same exact problem. Bought the upgrade for BS1 to BS2 and the stand alone plays fine. All my modules in DCS World activated fine except for BS2 new version.

I get the same error. I can't even deactivate the dang thing.

How do I generate a new Hardware code???

This kind of sucks 'cause the KA-50 is one of my favorites.

(and why does this thread say "solved"???? Did I miss something?) :(

I had the same issue. It is something that gets trashed in the DCS Registry System. I deleted all of my DCS registry files and it worked just fine. You will use another activation but it works now. Either you can wait for DCS to solve it or you can delete the registry files and use another activation.

Good luck!

I had the same issue. It is something that gets trashed in the DCS Registry System. I deleted all of my DCS registry files and it worked just fine. You will use another activation but it works now. Either you can wait for DCS to solve it or you can delete the registry files and use another activation.

Good luck!

Appreciate the quick response, but I think I'll wait until DCS finds out what the problem is.

I still have the stand alone BS2 to satisfy my copter habit. :pilotfly:

I am having the same problem as those above. My activation key and product key is same as before installing 1.2.1. Only BS is a problem.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Good luck!

Ok, this is what I tried:

- Deactivated and uninstalled Black Shark 2.

- Deleted all DCS / Black Shark 2 registry entries.

- Left Black Shark 1 installed, since the problem is about black shark 2.

- Installed Black Shark 2 update again WITHOUT activating it.

- Installed DCS world and Black Shark 2 module.

- Ran Multiplayer.

- Activation Dialog showed up again. Mysteriously the serial number was still there (it tells me I missed some registry entries maybe??).

- Anything I do with that dialog will lead me to the following message:

"Unable to run the application due to integrity fault of the Activation Key. Re-enter a valid Activation Key or re-activate the application.

If the error recurs, press "Error report" and send the report to product technical support."

- Gave up. :cry_2:

- Playing Battlefield 3 now.

I would think twice about keeping that [sOLVED] on the subject line.

Rig:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• ED Team
This is exactly what I did:

Installed Black Shark 2 upgrade: Success!

Tested Black Shark 2, no need to activate: Success!

Installed DCS World 1.2.1: Success!

Installed the BS2 module, filename: KA-50_1.2.1.5970.exe: Success!

Ran the software and started a single player mission with BS2: Activation dialog showed up.

Try to activate the module: Activation Failed!!

If I understand you correctly, you own a license for BS2upgrade, that is for a version of BS2 which is an update to BS1.

And then you downloaded and installed the regular BS2 module which technically is different product (at a higher price).

No surprise the activation problem kicks in.

The solution will be to delete Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50 folder and download and install BS2upgrade module: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=13&end_pos=136&lang=en

Note: currently, module installers require EXACTLY the same version of World to be installed.

And the installers are not updated to the latest version yet.

Edited by c0ff

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Quick question: I reinstalled BS1 and it runs fine. I can launch, fly around in the old 1.0 game, no problem. Thus, this tells me that I have a good original activation (from original cd install).

Now with 1.2.1, I install the update version. Its installs with no issues. I try to fly a BS quick and am prompted for the activation key entry. My key is in the input field by default and matches the red key showcased on the web site for the BS Update download. Thus, I have a valid key for bs 2 update, and I have a working/running vanilla install of BS1 v1.0.

However, I get the "fault" error when attempting to run BS 2 from World. Not sure where to go from here, but do not really want to do more uninstalls/installs. Ive done it all "twice" but to no avail. Note, this dance worked with no issues when I updated to v1.2.0?!

hmmmm...?!

The Rig: i5 7700k OC 4.6ghz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am having the same problem as those above. My activation key and product key is same as before installing 1.2.1. Only BS is a problem.

I have gotten pass the point of it asking for key and hardcode to it now saying DCS has stopped working after launch. See attachment.

840503576_BSNOTWORKING.JPG.ab60fcb4e7dce6084362c38cf917b05d.JPG

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

If I understand you correctly, you own a license for BS2upgrade, that is for a version of BS2 which is an update to BS1.

And then you downloaded and installed the regular BS2 module which technically is different product (at a higher price).

No surprise the activation problem kicks in.

The solution will be to delete Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50 folder and download and install BS2upgrade module: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=13&end_pos=136&lang=en

Note: currently, module installers require EXACTLY the same version of World to be installed.

And the installers are not updated to the latest version yet.

Hey C0ff. I double checked and the module is indeed KA-50_bsupd_1.2.1.5970.exe, which is the upgrade version. Sorry for not being granular enough. Thanks for the remarks.

Edited by houdini382

Rig:

Hey Viper. Question:

Do I have to uninstall ALL the products again? including BS1 and Flaming Cliffs 2?

This is my current situation:

Installed on my computer:

- Lock On Modern air combat and Flaming Cliffs 2 (Working perfectly)

- Black Shark 1 Full Version (Activated and working perfectly)

- Black Shark 2 Upgrade Version (not activated, probably working perfectly)

- DCS World (Not activated due to the error, SU-25T works perfect)

- Black Shark 2 module for DCS World (Not working, game crashes)

Let me know what I need to uninstall and what can be left alone.

I appreciate all your help.

Rig: