[REPORTED]Changing GUN AMMO and PIPPER mid mission - broken (WITH TRACKS!)

Megagoth1702

Found the problem, it only happens when you start with HEI ammo set in the mission editor.

Basically, the default HEI pipper you get is giving the AP shell impact point instead of the HEI point, the picture bellow explains how to fix and reproduce the issue.

ObctIb4.jpg

Try holding off firing until about 1 mile out or less...a one second burst is pretty devastating at that range.
Why would I get 1m from manpads and ZU-23 in the first place? The whole point of using HEI ammo is to get those, and trucks, from a safe distance, not really a tank busting loadout but much more adequate for the missions I am flying right now. :thumbup:

Might be mistaken here, but isn't that far out of range?
Never really tried CM at those distances to be sure, I would expect them to just harmless bouce and maybe scare some birds here and there :lol:

edit: oh, btw I am using 3-4nm just as exemple to exaggerate the difference between the two shells impact points. 2-2.5 is working great against soft targets so far.

1020573317_a10pipperbug.thumb.jpg.ac1cd397075255e6f00d6ea1f3ca64b7.jpg

Edited by DrGarantia

Found the problem, it only happens when you start with HEI ammo set in the mission editor.

Basically, the default HEI pipper you get is giving the AP shell impact point instead of the HEI point, the picture bellow explains how to fix and reproduce the issue.

ObctIb4.jpg

Why would I get 1m from manpads and ZU-23 in the first place? The whole point of using HEI ammo is to get those, and trucks, from a safe distance, not really a tank busting loadout but much more adequate for the missions I am flying right now. :thumbup:

Never really tried CM at those distances to be sure, I would expect them to just harmless bouce and maybe scare some birds here and there :lol:

edit: oh, btw I am using 3-4nm just as exemple to exaggerate the difference between the two shells impact points. 2-2.5 is working great against soft targets so far.

OK, so it looks like:

1) Choose HEI in the flight planner

2) Use IFFCC to switch to CM

3) Exit IFFCC?? And go back in and change back to HEI?

Anyone think that would be a work-around until DCS figures this out?

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

OK, so it looks like:

1) Choose HEI in the flight planner

2) Use IFFCC to switch to CM

3) Exit IFFCC?? And go back in and change back to HEI?

Anyone think that would be a work-around until DCS figures this out?

Yes, that is what I am doing, switch IFFCC to ON after changing to CM, then switch it back to TEST for changing back to HEI. That is only if you set ammo as HEI in the mission editor.

When starting with CM you just rearm with HEI and change from CM to HEI and it will work, I think that is why maybe nobody seems to have noticed this issue before, I am probably one of the few "weirdos" that load the A-10 with HEI in almost all missions :music_whistling:.

• 1 year later...
  • ED Team

Merged all threads, this is reported to the team, I can not give any clues to if or when this will be addressed currently. If I find something out I will let you all know.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2